1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

Haha! Good one!

2. Tokoshoran

Tokoshoran Pangalactic Porcupine

On occasion. They fluctuate in and out of sync, that's why you had it off at first.

3. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

If you look closely you'll notice the avali rail weapons have a little flechette icon instead of a bullet. Most railgun designs fire flechettes (The flechette is mounted in a sabot jacket which serves as the armature in the railgun and peels away once it leaves the barrel.)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
    Marxon and Calabrese like this.
  4. Silavor

Silavor Pangalactic Porcupine

Back in Terraria there were spell projectiles that were controlled by the mouse. Is there any sort of 'smart rocket' analogous gun in Starbound yet?

5. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

Not as far as I know.

6. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Someone made a mod that fired magic homing arrows. So it can certainly be done

Calabrese likes this.
  7. Raieth

Raieth Ketchup Robot

@RyuujinZERO OMG now I can't get the avian loincloth to stop JIGGLING.

8. Tokoshoran

Tokoshoran Pangalactic Porcupine

I need to see this jiggling loincloth now.

9. Raieth

Raieth Ketchup Robot

sorry already fixed it. I should have gotten a gif of it. It was really funny.

10. Servine

Servine Phantasmal Quasar

Wait a second. Homing railguns? Holy yes, this needs to be a weapon.

11. Mattyrogue

Mattyrogue Starship Captain

I thought Railguns were more direct fire than indirect fire, unless you mean the actual flechette is a homing munition (In which case, why not just increase the muzzle velocity to compensate for this?)

12. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Wouldn't be very realistic, the draw of railguns is they fire projectiles super-fast. but a projectile with it's own motor would only be able to make small course corrections due to it's limited delta-v in contrast to it's high launch velocity. That's not to say a "course correcting" bullet wouldn't help alleviate near-misses. But as ideas go that is relatively complex to implement for minimal gain.

I'm thinking stuff like shrapnelising ammunition, smart projectiles, bundle shots etcs

13. InADarkMirror

InADarkMirror Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are you considering making any that explode downwards in a rain of projectiles? Because I for one would love some kinda grenade launcher that you have to arc above a target so that the resulting shrapnel falls down on top of them. Indirect fire weapons are a lot of fun!

14. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Yes. If only because in lore the Avali actually HAVE airburst smart explosives for clearing stuff out behind cover :p

Granted this'll be more of a carpet-bomb deal, whereas the canon form actually has smart warheads that can identify friend from foe, and selectively take out JUST the hostile targets even if they're mixed into melee with the friendly targets; sounds imba, but it actually works in theory; the shell dispenses a small number of tiny shaped charges which tumble through the air, with sensors attached. Once the sensor detects it is aligned with a valid target, a shaped charge goes off and ejects a narrow stream of shrapnel and molten metal at *just* the target, leaving bystanders unscathed.

15. Raieth

Raieth Ketchup Robot

I love this thread, I always have to look stuff up and learn new stuff!

16. Servine

Servine Phantasmal Quasar

Oh god... the explosions... THEY HAVE GROWN SEMI-SENTIENCE!

17. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

18. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Thankfully I make use of the ammo overhaul mod which had both a grenade launcher and rocket launcher that does the whole carpet bombing to bypass cover.

19. GuardianofHarmony

GuardianofHarmony Big Damn Hero

I believe ..... 200? Not sure.

And does anyone happen to know of any other... Avali mods? Like Reni's Armory?

20. Raieth

Raieth Ketchup Robot

How's this look guys?

catalinaavianadventurer.gif

It should be exactly the same ^.=.^ (Other than that one flashing pixel which I've already fixed)

\/ points down at sig \/

Dolphinowl245 and RyuujinZERO like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.