1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

Nice use of the new tiles there. I didn't expect the dark metal supports to look so nice when tiled. Still... how many mods do you use?? I see so many things in that picture I barely recognize... ore plants, guns, and is that a farming robot?
    For the tent, my only suggestion is to take a walk through an Avali settlement for ideas. Your construction style seems to be much more regular and "functional" than the default settlements, though.

2. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

FINALLY - updated the overview page for the mod

Technically, if you replace worldgen.config with a stock copy, and change it so that "avaliencounter" is the only dungeon in the whitelist, it'll only spawn avali outposts on worlds. That's how I've been testing it. Kinda technical to set up though.

1. Oops
    2. It's the correct sleeves; but starbound is doing weird stuff with the palette swapping due to the similarity in the colours. You can get the same bug with character colours under some conditions.
    3. That'd be a matter of opinion - because I definitely DID fix it. In fact i forgot to export the female fix​

Mattyrogue likes this.
  3. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

I got a... sizable amount of mods ^^; In regards to the stuff you can see in the picture beyond Avali, the hotbar shows off Reni's Armory (kinda counts as Avali) and the Mining Laser workin, which was what I was using to clear the extra dirt area, then there's the Light Drone, the Ore Farming and Gardenbot off to one side (trying to get it to work offhand still, it not being a cooperative helper >->; )

Alas, I am way too use to making 'boxes', I kinda was able to avoid that when working on my Glitch starship, but my liking of creating underground bases still screams too much of 'humanish' for Starbound. I'll definately have to experiment with other building styles for the likes of Floran and Avali for starters.

4. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

1. Also found a number of other errors with the sprites when I opened up the armor sprites in Photoshop and layered them with the body sprites. (There's also some white pixels where they shouldn't be on the first frame of the walking and running animations for the Combat Armor. And in case you didn't catch the edit in my last post, the Survival Gear Scout's Armor also has incorrect sprites for the toes when walking and jumping, as well as the last frame of the running animation.)
    2. Ah, yes. Now that you mention it, I have noticed that.
    3. Check again, because it's the females that are fine and the males that have the jiggly belly walking sprites in the latest release.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  5. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

To be honest they're both still pretty jiggly. Sigh...

And yes I'm expecting a pretty long list of minor bugs, it's a LOT of new content and I'm flying solo here, for a very extended time I'm pretty burned out here (So don't be surprised if I take criticism poorly right now when people keep slapping more work on me in addition to my immense amount I already have.)

6. legoracer

If it helps, I could take care of the armor sprites and upload them here when I'm finished.

7. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

That would be helpful actually. Since I revised my workflow I can now incorperate 3rd party content more easily into my master file; likewise if you manage to eliminate the jigglyness too (ideally without changing the silhouette) :p

I can't for life of me figure out what causes that illusion.

8. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

It's looking great!

I think I know how it goes... my mod list for Skyrim was around the hundred. I'm trying to keep it as vanilla as possible here, but the Avali are just too nice not to have.

Yeah, I have the same tendency to create regular geometrical layouts as well, and my bases often look like they were created by a mathematical formula. However, the diagonal connection style for the Avali tiles really lends itself to curviness. I'm gonna try and put things a couple of blocks higher or lower here and there, make more curvy ceilings and floors. I just finished tearing down my old spaceship, I'll be posting some screenies as soon as I'm finished.

If you want, I could take care of typos and period inconsistencies in the item descriptions.

9. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I don't see it on my character, guess I'm lucky that I don't see that bothersome illusion.

10. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

How did my mining laser mod get in there? Did I accidentally copy it into the private server modpack?

11. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

The mining laser is already in the game files; so it's possible to "add" a working mining laser that works in multiplayer

That'd be awesome too. You seem to have a keener eye for grammar than I. :p

It's only visible when you're naked and unarmed, most don't even notice it as a result

12. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

I don't got the server modpack, I'm just using random mods from the mod repository ',';

13. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

1. That's what my mod does, makes the laser into a high power planet dismantler, that runs on nuclear fuel.
    3. OH GOD I SEE IT NOW!

14. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

What has been seen cannot be unseen

(It's been there since version 0.1)

15. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Well at least I won't see much of it because I am not a person who runs around without clothes, or without a piece of lethal hardware in at least one hand.

16. Raieth

Raieth Ketchup Robot

@RyuujinZERO I'm currently working on gettin your new sprites, which are AWESOME BTW working with the dyeing mod. I've had some success actually. I've managed to get the shoulders to dye properly but the legs are giving me some trouble. I think I've got it though.

17. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Nooo don't do that. Check the update notes. I'll be making stuff dye compatible next patch anyway via an easier pathway. (Also I spent all last week berating Shadow for trying to make stuff dye compatible when it's already on my list)

18. legoracer

Alright, here are the fixed sprite sheets for the Combat Armor and Scout's Armor (as well as the fixed malebody sprites):

Attached Files:

19. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I still use those 3rd party files to make the avali robes dyeable through the dye mod's system which will soon be incompatible with your mod, and it's on our server's mod list, so it's being used by more than just me.
    [​IMG]
    Also I searched for 20 minutes to find the image in this size.

20. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

More like an inherited obsessive tendency :rofl:. I keep it in check, but when it's about proofreading a lot of small files, you can bet it comes in handy.

I'm going to go through item descriptions by folders then. It seems to me that Notepad++ and Dropbox are the best choices for this job.
    What would be best for you: if I uploaded the entire files with the modifications, or with nothing but the "description" lines?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.