1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuicksilverConspiracy

QuicksilverConspiracy Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wait...

Hail planets...

Are large hailstorms the equivalent to an Avali asteroid shower?
    "OH GOD ITS RAINING HAIL! DONT TOUCH IT OR YOU'LL DOOM US ALL!"

2. SteelThunder13

SteelThunder13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Another update, another batch of mods that are useless. Sometimes I feel like quitting starbound and waiting till they finish it, whenever that may be. I mean, look at Minecraft. 1.0 was supposed to be the final version but the game keeps getting updates and the mods need to be updated each time. Sigh...

3. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

You can, however, wait until all your mods are updated again; in the meanwhile, you can play the previous version by forbidding Steam from updating the game and then running the executable directly, bypassing the update. I'm guessing it's kinda late for you by now, but you can keep it in mind for future updates :)
    Of course, you won't be able to play on the updated servers this way, though.

4. SteelThunder13

SteelThunder13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah I guess you're right Calabrese. But meh, ill get a pause from starbound till all my mods are updated and then start playing again. Hopefully in the future they can implement some sort of update system that doesn't break or break as many mods.

Edit: I'd like to add a gripe. I'm particularly butthurt that the avali are cold, because then I can't cuddle them unless its summer (assuming I ever got one and it didn't spontaneously combust from simply being in tropical summer weather). I can deal with them smelling like cat pee, I used to be a crazy cat lady. But really I'm going to have to headcanon a few things about Avali for my own sanity. And maybe commission a few plushies.

EDIT edit: Oh the wonders of actually reading the lore! I can't hug an Avali without getting frostbite! Bonkers Status, Clocked. Headcanon Retcon, Engage!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  5. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

Exactly what i thought when i found my first planetless star system.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
  6. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Chucklefish needs to clarify that updating to the new .pak system only applies if you are ALREADY using the previous .pak system for your mod. They're not getting rid of the .pak system either, they just modified it so that when they make small updates to the game you won't have to re-download a great big .pak file. Instead, they're making it so that they can add to the existing .pak file, making the file size of future updates significantly smaller.

Marxon likes this.
  7. InADarkMirror

InADarkMirror Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was doing paint-doodles of species ideas and accidentally a mutant Avali.

[​IMG]

8. Tokoshoran

Tokoshoran Pangalactic Porcupine

Neat!

9. QuicksilverConspiracy

QuicksilverConspiracy Subatomic Cosmonaut

>Mutant Avali

[​IMG]

10. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I've been thinking about the temperature differences between Avali and other species when an idea struck. Even though humans have an internal temperature a hair short of 100 degrees Fahrenheit, the ideal environmental temperature is around 72 degrees, this is an incredibly ancient adaptation of homeostasis, our bodies make heavy use of calorie burning to shore up the difference. In the enviroment the Avali evolved in, their bodies may have developed an inverse counterpart to this reaction, causing the ventilating of heat, be it through specialized heat sink feathers or otherwise. So the possibility arises that an Avali individual may be more at home in terrestrial temperatures than at first glance.

I typed this on my phone and my thumbs really hurt now.

Dis_conected and DarkusTheFirst like this.
  11. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Holy crap guys, this thread moves so fast that I stop getting alerts about new postings in less than what, 12 hours or so? We're closing in on page 200 too.

Calabrese likes this.
  12. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

Well, it's a very nice mod... it's not atop the Top Mods list for no reason hehehe. I just found it and I'm really liking it.

13. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Two words: Butterfly Effect.
    More words: As a budding programmer, I can confirm that occasionally a change in one place makes a bit of code completely unrelated to the change you made stop working, even, occasionally, in completely different files.

DarkusTheFirst and Calabrese like this.
  14. Icebelly

Icebelly Weight of the Sky

Yeah. This thread moves insanely fast at times other times it just slows down to a crawl.
    Also, I'm planning to snag that 200th post :p

15. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Tis a good thought, and leads for more plausability for them to just wandering around in space without too much extra protection (ala full-body freeze suits.

16. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

not before someone ealse gets it

17. Weylin

Weylin Void-Bound Voyager

I'm working on a feasible design to make Avali plushies.
    I swear to god people would buy the shit out of these things (assuming I can get these patterns adjusted)

Got no final pattern yet that I'm happy with and still looking for some suitable fabrics, but if these were to be sold, assuming you'd even want that done at all, what kind of cut would you want, Ryu? It is your species after all :p

For the time being, I'm just using cheap materials like news paper to produce a very rough version of the plushies.
    My digi cam isn't working at the moment or I would show you :(

RyuujinZERO likes this.
  18. Raieth

Raieth Ketchup Robot

I would be ALL over a plushie pattern. I'd rather have the pattern than a plushie, as I'm really picky about colour and texture and blah blah.

You make a pattern that works, and I wouldn't be able to give you money fast enough.

OmegaMinion likes this.
  19. Mattyrogue

Mattyrogue Starship Captain

Why am I suddenly reminded of beanie babies?

20. DarkusTheFirst

DarkusTheFirst Big Damn Hero

I think you guys mean the 4001st post, but who knows

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.