1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkusTheFirst

DarkusTheFirst Big Damn Hero

Give it time once and I will remedy that. Just waiting to hear word on one thing first.

Which reminds me @RyuujinZERO Are you going to be altering the Avali sprite? I know you mentioned it before, but I do not think there was a definative answer on that...So...Mind if I ask what you've decided on that?

2. Sadron

Sadron Ketchup Robot

Anyone at all? Please?

3. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I'd love to weigh in on this discussion, I'll gladly contribute my input if you add me to the conversation.

4. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

If I find any, you'll be the first to know.

5. Tokoshoran

Tokoshoran Pangalactic Porcupine

Guys, COORDINATES WON'T WORK.

They're DIFFERENT from player to player--You'll get a star with a set number of planets with set biomes, but subbiomes and dungeons are spawned at random AFTER the planet's discovery.

6. vandorbelt

vandorbelt Subatomic Cosmonaut

Not quite. Unless you have a mod that specifically alters planet generation, or are using a different operating system than the person who provided the coordinates, all planets are seeded in the same fashion, and thus generate the same from player to player. At least, this is the case that seems to be the most consistent with my experience of coordinate sharing.

7. Febilian

Febilian Cosmic Narwhal

Is that really true? I know I've tried out coordinates on a wiki at one point that spawned me directly in an Avian settlement - right where the coordinate page said it would be.

As far as I know, only the contents of containers/chests themselves are not consistent. Like, a tech chest would be in the same location, but the tech it actually contains would be different from player to player.

I mean, that was before Enraged Koala and I definitely wasn't using mods at the time... but how much of a difference would it make?

8. Sadron

Sadron Ketchup Robot

Yeah he's completely wrong. The seeds ARE the same, that's the whole point of being able to share coordinates with people. That's why I'm asking to help find an Avali village.

9. Febilian

Febilian Cosmic Narwhal

On the topic of coordinates, there's something that has been confusing me for a long time.

Mac, Windows, and Linux have different planets at the same coordinates, or so people say.

But I also heard at some point that the coordinates were 'unified' across all operating systems with Enraged Koala.

So what's the deal with that? This does concern me, as I play Starbound on a Mac, not a Windows computer like almost everyone else - and I'm pretty sure my server(s) are hosted on Linux computers, which would also be different.

10. Tokoshoran

Uh, no. Seeds are the same, yeah, I didn't say otherwise. But the seeds just determine the star, how many planets there are, and what biomes they are. What I am saying is random is the dungeons and minibiomes. Maybe I am wrong on that, but that's not what you've been calling me out on.

11. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Yes, they are getting minor changes to running animation and totally overhauled jumping animation next update

There is a number of complicating factors however.

Other race and dungeon mods that add new dungeons, mods that change world generation (ie. VitSoU) as well as different OS variants of starbound (Different random number algorithm) serve to make it a little less clear cut. People need to give you a list of relevant mods/OS these days if you want a seed to match precisely.

DarkusTheFirst and Marxon like this.
  12. QuicksilverConspiracy

QuicksilverConspiracy Subatomic Cosmonaut

So I was trying to remember where I had seen the design style the Avali Tent Colonies use.
    Then it hits me. Takes a while because its really obscure.
    Anyone remember that After Earth movie directed by M. Night Shyamalamadingdong? The one with Will Smith and his son?
    Turns out that that movie, as terrible as it was, had an entire backstory that you didn't see in the film. The companion guidebook details a bunch of the background. Surprisingly, the setting itself is interesting albeit a tad underdeveloped.
    So yeah. Nova Prime from After Earth. Basically what I would imagine an Avali city to look like if they actually had major cities. And if it wasn't in a tundra. And if it used a little less yellow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kinda want to build it now...

Also the ship interior design.

[​IMG]

Dont tell me that wouldnt look out of place as an Avali ship cockpit.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
    CaptainMcManface likes this.
  13. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

Spoilers maybe.

So many big pictures in one area.

14. QuicksilverConspiracy

QuicksilverConspiracy Subatomic Cosmonaut

Damn, how do you use em? Xenforo has none innnately, what tag do you use?
    ?

EDIT: And now i'm a dumbass.

15. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

lol fail.

16. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Interesting. never seen that movie - but I like how they'd taken an idea and scaled it up. The avali tents are more based on the concept of bedouin tents and kept relatively small scale. i honestly have no concrete idea yet on how to do the cities (I actually no 'big idea' on how Avali cities should look, other than the fact on a smal scale there are borrowed tentlike elements in places, but primarily hard structures).

But i might well pinch a few of those ideas ;)

Incidentlly that ship... thing has the worst user interface devised by man, what sadist invented it? - it's like information overload combined with a console designed to damage your wrists and doesn't even have labels ;)

17. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

Because, you know, who doesn't need a button for every degree of inclination change.

18. Tokoshoran

I haven't seen the movie either, but my guess is that it shows all sorts of different data segments along the overhead area, and you actually pull it out (like all those holo-computers in sci-fi movies work) to view in in detail, looks like they'd pulled out a map of the city or something.

19. Sadron

Sadron Ketchup Robot

Well to reiterate my request, I'm on Windows, WITH this mod in it. That's about the only mod I have that should affect world generation barring ore spawn, which happens on identical planets anyway. A planet I visited after they added the ore to the mod looked exactly the same otherwise, barring its addition of the ores. So yeah... if anyone can find me a nice Avali settlement coordinate I'd be grateful ^^;

20. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

In order to actually get holo-generated images/computers or screens and keyboards to touch you'd have to find a way to solidify photons to the point where your hand wouldn't pass through it and be able to actually physically touch them. I remember reading a science article about it a while back in how they are trying to do exactly the same thing. There are ways to make photons solid but it's rather experimental to say the least right now, it's the whole science fiction becoming actual reality thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.