1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Race Mod, The second thread!

Discussion in 'Races' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. austinlb90

austinlb90 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

that wasn't very helpful.Also i think more games should have a modding system.

2. myomi13

myomi13 Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't think their forums can handle you guys :rofl:. Ryuu's gonna be the first modder to arrive with an entourage lol.

sid3aff3ct likes this.
  3. austinlb90

RyuujinZERO is right about the exploration. Starbound exploration isn't very interesting or fleshed out. So is the space combat we don't seem to have very spacey weapons or ship battles.[DOUBLEPOST=1425687784][/DOUBLEPOST]
    wouldn't that be a good thing for them, if somebody comes with people they make all the money.

4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

So, while you guys are complaining about the current state of exploration in Starbound (which will probably be improved with the next major stable update, considering the amount of people who agree, and which should be discussed in General or Suggestions), I'll be working on fixing all the blocks in the mod.

5. myomi13

The main flaw with starbound exploration is the lack of variety. The update has also greatly tightened up sub biome generation so now you can circle a large desert planet and see nothing but sand sadly. There's no real incentive either because anything you actually need is at the outpost or underground. Hopefully they'll find a system that encourages actually finding certain things or adds meaning in general. There are mods that add incentives to exploring, but mods should be icing on the cake not a necessary layer. Though that's probably enough on the subject.

Ryuu's entourage is a really good thing. I was just amused by the reactions the forum moderators are going to have when all those people sign up and flood a thread to death indefinitely. Nexus is like past 20 threads at this point, that's amazing and ridiculous at the same time.

@Mackinz Oh yeah,oopsy, ummm....yay tents...hey can you make those aeroponic tubes functional? They might have been already,but i could never figure them out. Not a necessity though, because Frackin'Flora has functional aeroponics I think. Are these still gonna be available via nanoloom and that other thingy that added all the computer stuff? I'm guessing recipes will be the same since coal and plant fibre are surplus items now.

6. Mackinz

I've not yet gotten around to checking recipes, but the Aeroponics blocks should be craftable at the Avali Nanolathe like before, which means Aerogel, which means Graphene, which means Coal Ore, so yeah it should be good. When I get them working in-game, I'll test the Aeroponics blocks out for sure, and see if they take a Hoe like other tillable blocks.

7. austinlb90

im glad your making an update and ryuu supports kind-of.[DOUBLEPOST=1425691445][/DOUBLEPOST]where's my signature i know im getting off topic but my signature is the cleverest.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  8. myomi13

...You know if they worked all along I would've never thought to use a hoe. If tilling them is a necessity maybe you should add a craftable codex in case of people spamming about how they don't work, then again it's not like it bothered people much before, I'm just trying to think of those finer details. Just had a thought, are you gonna just place the avali in the apex ship? I don't mind at all, ships are like the biggest task for all of the race mods right now. Don't burn yourself out or anything. With all their affordable tech-themed custom blocks people can always build a ship or use a mod. I know I've been waiting to recolor the Corvette for the longest, I might even still have it on file.

9. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

Eh, go big or go home, mod Avali into Skyrim.
    Or Homeworld. Or Minecraft.
    Or just research what game is closest to what Ryu wants, and if it's moddable or not.

10. austinlb90

please not minecraft i have trouble modding stuff in it. also he's looking for space games so skyrim and minecraft won't work but i have no idea what Homeworld is.

11. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

Homeworld is a space RTS, but they only show ships.
    Proper space game that also renders people in it are rare.
    Maybe Freelancer?

12. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

There IS a mod that... :p

Edit: Although i've never used it...[DOUBLEPOST=1425708189][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, I've seen a few bits and parts of some messages posted by a few ppl saying about the mod being in other games. And all i can really say is that, as much as I MYSELF WANT to see the Avali Race mod in other games. i really... really DON'T think that would be a good idea... At all. I just don't even want to talk about it but I just think the Avali race mod should just stick to it's Home territory and let it... eeeeh... Heal from it's aging. Maybe in the future you can branch out to other games 2D or 3D. i really don't care what games. But for right now, THIS game in particular gives it the best reputation. And i feel like it should just... Stay that way for now. IT's already hard enough to make an update for this game as it is. The only thing we can expect to get out of this mod in another game is an update and then suddenly NOTHING about it for another year or 2 (just like right now). So before this can be in other games, manage what you have first. You have bigger priorities, right now... And a bit of a debt...

13. Laskeri

Laskeri Void-Bound Voyager

Didn't it start as a spore mod, though? So Starbound isn't their "home", really. Plus Avali are nomads :p

Christovski likes this.
  14. Dragon_Tom005

weeeelll... technically that's not the point i'm trying to get at. But your right about that, too.

15. Alex Magnei

Alex Magnei Aquatic Astronaut

Now I think about it, the Avali are nomads, it is fitting that they move between games. Gives them a real sense of intrigue behind them, I like the idea!

(still hoping they get modded into Star Wars Battlefront at some time)

16. Mackinz

I was hoping to finish up a good enough portion of the update yesterday to release it today, but after I fixed up all the tiles, I found a few material ID conflicts with the Viera race mod (which I also have installed) so I have to assign new material IDs to most of the materials in the mod, then I got roped into some fun gaming with friends and lost track of time. Later today, I'll get back to updating and hopefully post a version with 90% of the content working.

17. Arken Ro

Arken Ro Subatomic Cosmonaut

Dude you are awesome take all the time you need. :)

18. myomi13

It's always good to catch mod conflicts and its great to take a little time for yourself. Good on ya!

@Dragon_Tom005
    The Avali make starbound great. but I think Ryuu's main concern that some of the main features that make the Avali unique,fun and meaningful may get completely removed or changed in future updates. I think the best we can do is to keep an eye out and hope that a game that suits Ryuu's needs will appear.

Reginleif likes this.
  19. Mrmii21

Mrmii21 Pangalactic Porcupine

Popularity really isn't the reason he made this mod, as stated here.

20. Dragon_Tom005

Thats a real shame. :c What will happen when (if) the mod is removed, then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.