1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Race Mod, The second thread!

Discussion in 'Races' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Junkoro

Junkoro Void-Bound Voyager

2015 and still the fluffiest.

SomeGuyNamedDavid likes this.
  2. Codename Rune

Codename Rune Subatomic Cosmonaut

Indeed

3. Mrmii21

Mrmii21 Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah, but not the most updated.
    I found these yesterday and am super interested in using them but they're not updated :(
    But I'm not gonna scream at the developer of course. Word is he's sick, and he can't help that.

4. Codename Rune

Codename Rune Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well, have you seen the changes the stable update made? In order to keep his mod at the same level it always was he needs some time.

5. Mrmii21

That I understand as well. As I said, I'm not gonna yell at the dev to update it. If he has issues updating it I understand and won't get mad for it.

6. Oraiu

Oraiu Cosmic Narwhal

atleast you understand unlike some... other pepole

Codename Rune likes this.
  7. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

*cough people sending ryu PMs saying 'UPDATE MOD NOW PLS' or 'CAN I UPDATE MOD 4 U' cough*

Codename Rune and Intrebute like this.
  8. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

It's funny, because I'm offering to do so because of the first group of people, and so that Ryuu has an easier time updating later on when he's not feeling sick.

But sure, lump us all together. :)

9. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

He has explicitly stated he did not want people doing things with the mod. I'll cite the respawn animation as one thing - numerous people offered to do it, but Ryu refused the help because he didn't want it.
    He doesn't want people trying to update the mod, and he will deny requests to do so.

10. Mackinz

Apparently, just trying to be a helpful sort (and not out of impatience) is frowned upon by a guy with a massive fanbase and an illness which has prevented him from communicating aside from select private conversations.

Edit: And several other, more important projects. Can't forget those.

Sad, really. Someone like me could easily serve as a form of volunteer outsourcing, but, instead, the mod has to lay dormant for several months.

sid3aff3ct likes this.
  11. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Posts like this just makes it seem like you're trying to come off as a victim and label Ryu as the bad guy; all we ask is that you be patient and trust the mod author.

Ehksidian and Intrebute like this.
  12. Silverotter

Silverotter Weight of the Sky

This. Mack, the "Expert Mod-Maker in the Making" in the signature doesn't help, since it just supports the appearance that you think you're the best person for the job, and Ryuu should be begging for your help.

Intrebute and Zuvaii like this.
  13. Mackinz

Lol. That signature of mine is supposed to be a funny quip, completely unrelated to this discussion, and definitely not a display of egotism. I'm actually still pretty fresh overall when it comes to modding. I also do not think I am the best person for the job, considering I don't have experience (yet) in several things like dungeon generation and biomes. I just think I'm one of the few people out there who has realized that Ryuu has been acting pretty off, talking about working on an update, then disappearing due to sudden illness and other projects, and not even posting a status update to let people know if he's feeling better yet, even though he is still actively viewing the forums.

(In fact, I was actually getting tired of my signature, and was thinking of changing it up. More Torchic maybe?)

I don't consider myself a "victim". I'm not nearly as big of an Avali fan as some others in this thread, either, so I am not "impatient" in the slightest regarding the lack of updates. I consider myself a third party who is interested in helping for no reason other than to help out.

Maybe I should just leave you folks be while you ruminate over how "impatient" I seem to you? :/

sid3aff3ct and Intrebute like this.
  14. Cheezemaniac

Cheezemaniac Pangalactic Porcupine

I wouldn't mind if people made a temporal solution for my mod if Starbound got updated if I were to be in a difficult position to update it myself.
    In the end we should be a big community working together to make a wonderful Starbound experience.
    Still though, it's the author's mod and it's a privilege that you get to experience the mod.

sid3aff3ct likes this.
  15. Mrmii21

Just to prove that Ryu is not dead and therefore probably working on a compatibility update:

[​IMG]

16. Mackinz

I don't think anyone said that he was dead...

And I don't see how looking at the forums translates to "probably working on a compatibility update". I mean, it's possible, but he's told no one anything in a month.

17. Velocity707

Velocity707 Space Spelunker

I, for one, would love at least a bit of an update on how he's doing at least.
    Not to beg for his attention or anything of course, but I do think it's only courteous to let those who are hanging in mod-limbo, so to speak, how everything is going.
    A bit of a status update is what I think most of us really want, as opposed to the silence we've been getting.

18. Anonfox123

Anonfox123 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm starting to think he is just fed up with all your bickering and entitlement. How's it feel knowing that you might have killed the enthusiasm of the maker of one of starbound's best mods, delaying it even further until it becomes the half-life 3 of the forums?

Like, seriously. There has been no productive discussion for the last few pages, I really wouldn't blame Ryu if he just quit. I want to see the mod updated as much as anyone else but for the most part I can at least shut my trap and wait. I'd advise people to do the same.

(This is nothing personal, just a commentary on the state of this thread.)

Zuvaii and myomi13 like this.
  19. Mackinz

Because there is obviously so much potential productive discussion... what is there to discuss, really?

20. dark lord derpy

dark lord derpy Big Damn Hero

So the Novakids can craft guns rather than swords, are the avali going to be similer? also what do you guys think the avali SAIL will be like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.