1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Race Mod, The second thread!

Discussion in 'Races' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SomeGuyNamedDavid

SomeGuyNamedDavid Big Damn Hero

No toxicity here. The mod's currently busy updating, thus the thread will naturally be slow at the moment. That doesn't mean you have to bring off-topic into the on-topic-only thread to fill the space. I directed it where it belongs, nothing more. It's okay to let this thread rest for now, it'll start right back up again when the mod returns to us at last.

myomi13, Christovski and NekoDec like this.
  2. Myifee

Myifee Guest

To be entirely honest, I wouldn't waste your time when you have no idea what he's going to do.

More than likely he'll just waive it and work on his own. Not guaranteed, of course, but unless you ask him directrly and he grants express permission to do so...

Not attacking you. Just warning against rushing something before asking first.

3. Zero127

Zero127 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I do hope it makes it back some day. This is hands down one of the most creative, thorough and well made mods in the history of this game. Nobody wants to be asked "are we there yet?!" 3 million times on the way there, so all we can do is band together and show support of how much we would appreciate having it back. Maybe that would at least inspire him to consider a port/patch of the current version. Either way, just saying my piece. I miss these guys :3 best of luck whoever happens to be responsible for its return, whenever that may be.

4. SomeGuyNamedDavid

SomeGuyNamedDavid Big Damn Hero

Ryuujin is still working on bringing the Avali back up to date, it'll just be a little while since he's got a lot on his plate and he's rebuilding a lot of the mod from scratch. So just have patience, it'll get there.

5. xxXLink50Xxx

xxXLink50Xxx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

yeah... it begins anew after the update...
    BTW Heya madman! xD

6. dark lord derpy

dark lord derpy Big Damn Hero

Glad to hear it is being worked on, cant wait, all time favorite mod.

7. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

I know, right? No mod can compare to this one. It's incredible

8. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

So, I've been waiting for a reply from Ryuujin before actually starting to work on a fan update for tbe Avali to reduce his headache. Given that is has been a week+, and he has been active, I believe he might be actively ignoring my attempt to ask him. Why? Not sure. All I did was ask him what he thought of fan updates.

I will probably start updating on Friday, regardless. I want to quell the ceaseless calls for updates, until an official update is released.

9. austinlb90

austinlb90 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

YAY!!!!!!!

10. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Keep in mind, this might backfire, he might have entirely different ideas for updates in mind and it might irritate him. I would suggest asking him if you could help by trying to see if you could animate the respawn animation or higher tiers of armor to lessen his workload.

11. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Like I said, I think he is ignoring me so me asking him if there is any way I can help him update is rather pointless. I'll just toss out a working version of the Avali mod and he'll have a good starting point if he hasn't started updating yet.

12. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

It might be that he thinks your PMs are stuff related to what's on the main mod page. Just be patient and don't try to release any updated versions. He's the mod author and seeing someone else try to tweak his creation due to him not pumping out updates might discourage him from continuing to update the mod. People who create things aren't always fond of seeing someone else trying to do something with their work because they want something right away, it makes them feel unappreciated, like the fans of their work don't appreciate all the work they put into making whatever they make.

Ehksidian likes this.
  13. austinlb90

We're all just getting impatient. it is taking a long time, we just need to find our patience again.

14. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

If you want to be entertained while waiting for the next Avali update, you can always play another game to occupy yourself, which also keeps you from suffering burn-out with Starbound. I'd suggest Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, the standalone expansion that is basically everything from the 80s.

15. austinlb90

oh i'm doing other things than starbound, i could wait a long time.

16. dark lord derpy

dark lord derpy Big Damn Hero

That cant end well, he might just not really be very responsive to pms, im sure he gets a lot of messages.

17. mizucario

mizucario Scruffy Nerf-Herder

yay, hello thread .w.
    been actually looking for an active thread and hey, whadya know, i found it.

18. MrMadmanx2

MrMadmanx2 Cosmic Narwhal

hay Ryu? I wish to not be a bother, but I have a few questions about the Avali, not the mod. I say a few of them here. you can answer at your leisure

1. avali flesh is purple correct?
    2. could you tell me the shape of their tongue?
    3. I know that have limited vision and super hearing, but how is that sense of smell? I am guessing it's strong
    4. can Avali swim? if yes, how well?
    5. since they have no concept of personal space, am I correct in saying they'd show their affection mainly through physical contact? such as hugs and snuggles for example
    6. are their eyes fixed? or can they move a little to look around?

thank you if you read them, and extra thanks if you answer them :)
    anyone is also welcome to answer them if you happen to know the answer.

19. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

I know this one! Eyes are indeed fixed in place, like an owl's. Ryu stated that when someone asked before, though it was asked a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

Intrebute likes this.
  20. MrMadmanx2

MrMadmanx2 Cosmic Narwhal

Thank you Ehks *chuckles*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.