1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Race Mod, The second thread!

Discussion in 'Races' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

I guess they think it's cute.
    It's not cute.
    It's disgusting and inconvenient.

Zuvaii likes this.
  2. StarScribe

StarScribe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Please bring back the cute, fluffy, nomadic space raptors back into the new stable "Upbeat giraffe" build of starbound... miss them so much ;_;

3. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

The mod is being worked on
    guys seirously it isn't too hard to read back a few posts and see it IS being updated. It can't instantly be fixed, especially with how much Ryuu''s changing.

Christovski and Hywther like this.
  4. StarScribe

StarScribe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yay! :D Thank you for the heads up... makes me feel all happy and excited now!

5. cm97878

cm97878 Void-Bound Voyager

I was hesitant to ask this, but I checked the first page and the previous few. If I am blind and missed it completely, please pardon that.

You mentioned "how much Ryuu's changing." What all is he changing? I'm excited that this mod is finally being updated, I must say. One of my favorites.

6. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

He's rewriting the mod completely, building it from the ground-up, minus some art.

7. austinlb90

austinlb90 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i hope that doesn't take too long. i really want to play this mod again.

8. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

It'll be quite a while for sure, right now I'm not even in a position to work on the mod. I have a bunch of work to do on other projects first, and that'll come after I get over this extended sickness (I've been sick for over a week), so no people need to stop bugging me about getting the mod done, it's not like I'm unaware of the patch

It's not like I don't visit the forum and starbound reddit daily have many Starbound connected friends to get info from; and even Tiy on my skype list... I'm sure that extra message you sent me totally alerted me to this breaking news

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  9. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

TL;DR: Everyone let Ryu have a break and get some work done =3

10. Valiance30156

Valiance30156 Big Damn Hero

^This. Give him a breather for a while people.

Get well soon RyuujinZERO. :D

11. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

This update changed so much about how mods are coded/created that it broke LITERALLY EVERY MOD, and for mods as complex as this one, the best route is, sadly, to COMPLETELY rewrite them from start to finish. What I'm saying is that for someone who doesn't have 12 hours to sit down and work non-stop, this may take a while, so just wait - I mean, we already waited almost an ENTIRE YEAR for this stupid update already...

One more thing: At least for me, when people start badgering me to get something done, I actually feel LESS motivated to work on it. You need to take a step back and realize that modders don't owe you a single damn thing! We do this for free and for ourselves, and sharing it with others is a privilege, NOT a right. So just be patient and wait...

12. LunaraGK

LunaraGK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wish you a speedy recovery Ryuujin, and good fortune on your projects. I will wait as long as need be till the fluffy space raptors are ready again. My advice for getting better? More hot-sauce. No, seriously, imbibing large amounts of capsaicin can help burn out any illness.

The Alonne likes this.
  13. The-Wolfster

The-Wolfster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm trying to find something constructive to talk about in this thread but overall words just fail me.
    Maybe... Yes, something to ask. What exactly is the significance of the Avali eyebrow dots, honestly? Are they actually used for anything or for just upping the cute factor?

14. Arcalane

Arcalane Pangalactic Porcupine

Oof. Not fun. Hope you feel better soon man. :( Make sure you get plenty of rest and liquids and whatnot!

15. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Their eyes are hard enough to read as it is, lacking distinct pupils, the eyebrow spot just serves as an emotive tool. Alien as they are, people still look at their faces for regonisable features and gestures and so having a dot that behaves like an eyebrow is a good tool for clarifying expressions.

Christovski and Ehksidian like this.
  16. The-Wolfster

The-Wolfster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Now for some strange reason I'm imagining a "survival of the fittest" scenario that Avali that didn't have any form of eyebrows were killed off in some... Strange way or another.

17. Anonfox123

Anonfox123 Pangalactic Porcupine

Diplomatic misunderstandings with another tribe?

18. Desolator

Desolator Pangalactic Porcupine

I understand that you have a lot on your hands right now Ryu, but a few questions that I'd like to ask if thats ok with you.
    From what I gather, you're completely rebuilding the whole mod from the ground up. Do you think you could take the basic items from the mod and release it for the (eagerly waiting) players while you go and continue working on the mod?
    What kind of new items would you add to the rebuilt Avail mod?
    When do you think you will be able to get to a point in rebuilding the mod that it will be able to be released to the public

I'm sorry if these bug you and you have every right to go off at me if you wish, I was just wondering though. But thank you for such a great mod. Hope that you have recovered and you are able to continue orking on this project and your other projects as well :)

NekoDec likes this.
  19. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

I'm going to just say that the possibility of getting "certain parts" released early, such as the weapons, seems very unlikely. I'm sure he's working on the race first (since it's the integral part of the mod, and one of the the hardest parts to set up), and also simply because it would just end up taking him longer to finish the entire mod if he took the time to wrap up the weapons into a separate mod. As for the additional content, we will just have to wait and see.

20. Desolator

Desolator Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh ok, are you helping out with the mod in some way?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.