1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Race Mod, The second thread!

Discussion in 'Races' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Off the top of my head both do similar DPS to a 1 handed sword of the same tier. Whereas the other guns do similar DPS to a hammer of the same tier (Yes, the sniper rifle actually has LOWER dps than the other guns. Because the damage is front loaded, it hits like a truck, but is offset by a long aim time, high energy cost, and movement penalty while aiming).

Most games penalise ranged weapons, as does Starbound - because ranged is "safer". but that's not the reality of Starbound. Tech and shields provide a huge advantage, and the large energy cost of guns means you can't use techs to escape easily as such it seems fair to give guns similar DPS to melee weapons, as a ranged combatant is much more vulnerable than a melee one once you close range.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  2. Anonfox123

Anonfox123 Pangalactic Porcupine

Thanks! So, pistol/AR=1 handed sword, MG+sniper=hammer. got it. :3 (figuring out code is another thing Q_Q)

3. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Sniper, Pistol = 1H
    AR, MG = Hammer

The fact the Sniper's DPS is actually pretty low is offset by the fact it has an aim/refire time of nearly 2 seconds. It hits hard, but hits slow, so it's sustained DPS over time is actually quite low.

4. Anonfox123

Tried it, but no dice. What I made crashes my game on startup and the starbound.log is of no help...

5. 1.3HedgeHogs

1.3HedgeHogs Big Damn Hero

Should The crafting tables not be working? As in the NanoLoom, And ever other crafting item? They dont work at all.
    I cant craft it, Am i just in the wrong place or is it a major slip up?
    Also am I in the correct place to ask this?

6. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Are you checking in the 3D printer, and only using the Avali race mod? You can't craft the Avali crafting tables at the crafting table, only in the pixel printer.

7. 1.3HedgeHogs

Right, That makes sense :rofl:
    Useless question.
    Also wow, Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

8. 1.3HedgeHogs

Okay now then, Probably another extremely bad question.
    The armor?
    I see the pictures, But I can't fine them.
    Help?

9. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

The armor itself is invisible, and considered inserts. It's invisible so that it won't look funny when you wear it, and if you had other armor (Say, a hat) you could put it over and it wouldn't show up.
    It's pretty much just invisible armor and that's about it.

10. 1.3HedgeHogs

So what exactly is this and how do I get it? rfR1qWu.png

11. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

The visibile, vanity armour pieces are on the nanoloom/nanolathe, but as you say yourself those arn't working.

Can you place down a nanoloom/lathe, try activating them - then when they fail to work, go into steamapps/common/starbound/starbound.log (open it in notepad) and send the contents to me, or upload them.

12. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

Would you mind answering the PM I sent almost a week ago, under our conversation "Avali Asset Use Permission"? I know you're pretty busy at the moment! Also, all the added crafting machines work fine for me, so odds are it's a mod conflict on his/her end. I've noticed this can be caused by mods that edit the default crafting UI.

13. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

Ever since talking about tech bows on the mod discussion page for Avali - Augments and Assortments, I really wanted one. I spent quite a few hours working on this, and I think it turned out really well:
    [​IMG]
    Excuse the random meteor falling on my head...
    I'm calling it the CB4 Lancer. Here's the short lore description I wrote up:

I'll release it tomorrow, I have a few bugs to fix, and I'm SO tired!

Oh, it's actually a bit disappointingly hard to see here, but the arrow does "materialize" over the bow drawing animation frames.

14. 1.3HedgeHogs

The nanoloom/Lathe are working perfectly fine, However it will just not appear, If there are specific materials I need to have found before hand that would be why.
    I cheat all my stuff in, So I dont use the survival much.

15. 1.3HedgeHogs

I cannot send the logs you would like, And I cant seem to be able to open them to show you the contents, Even by sending.
    My computer wont even pick them up when it is on my desktop!

16. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

DO WANT. :rofl:

17. Anonfox123

Looks like it flash-prints the arrow and uses the sheer speed of the ultralight aerogel shaft to devastate soft, unarmored targets... Great for hunting! (Excuse my BS science/physics, that's just what it looks like.)

18. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

No excuses! :p

But seriously... aerogel is useful because it's incredibly light and relatively strong for it's mass. But it's also bad for making projectiles, because it's incredibly light, and relatively strong for it's mass...

Unfortunatly, in a projectile weapon, you don't want light, you want force and that requires a fast, heavy projectile :p

Marxon likes this.
  19. Anonfox123

Maybe the aerogel is to give volumetric bulk/penetrating tip to a more compact, heavy core? (Or just use a railgun, but some Avali like things traditional. :p)

20. DionZeromus

DionZeromus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

But traditional would require a spear and a pack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.