1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Race Mod, The second thread!

Discussion in 'Races' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

Sorry that Chucklefish ruined your weekend, Ryuujin.

Got another bug to add to the list though. All the "Shard" weapons (tiers 1-4 at least) seem to have their damage set to 2000 instead of the old numbers. The other weapons look okay.
    2014-04-26_00002.jpg 2014-04-26_00003.jpg
    Make a wiring station at a robotic crafting table. You can make the circuit boards and laser diodes from there.

2. Railgunner2160

Railgunner2160 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Umm, You do know you can make them yourself at the Wiring Station, Right?????

Edit: Ninja-ed

3. DionZeromus

DionZeromus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I do now!

4. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Do you have a mod or something that changes container interface behaviour? - Because it works perfectly here and I see no reason for this bug unless something is overwriting the standard container interface. Is anyone else having this issue, if so what mods are you running?

Yeah it was a typo, fixed.

Now, if I make any more mini patches today I think people are going to throw a hissy fit and vote the mod off the front page like they did last time. Le sigh, so much for my plans to not do anything mod related this weekend and to have a break that is so long coming I actually planned it in advance...

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  5. Intrebute

Intrebute Pangalactic Porcupine

*threateningly places peelz on table*

6. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Left to me I'd left some of these bugs in there til i had a bigger patch to put out, but see for yourself. The folks who insist I'm under no pressure and should have a break when I'm developing and they're busy playing, but second something comes up they actually exert quite a lot of pressure even when they know I'm tryign take up their offer to have a break)

It's just lip-service. When I'm busy they tell me to take a break knowing I won't. When i do take a break they want me to end it and get back to work.

7. awareqwx

awareqwx Cosmic Narwhal

You can also just print a defense turret for 1 pixel, then break it for one of each.

8. capthavic

capthavic Phantasmal Quasar

Hmm not using any mods that are supposed to change the interface for them to my knowledge. The only thing I can think of possibly causing a conflict is the pixel goods store as it has a few custom storage crates of its own. Other than that I have no clue.

9. DionZeromus

DionZeromus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Ryuu - I wasn't saying you had ot jump on the error, I was just noting it for ya to work on. You've put in a lot of stuff already, and it was the only thing I really saw an issue crop up on!

10. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

I wasn't referring to you so much, I had a bunch of private conversations sent too complaining

11. Intrebute

Intrebute Pangalactic Porcupine

I know it's not my place to tell you what to do, but I can tell that there's something fundamentally wrong when a break is considered an offer. From the users.
    I mean, Jesus. There is no contract. There is no obligation. No timetables. No deadlines.

Tell me if something I write here is just plain incorrect.
    Here's how I see this works.

You had an idea. You made that idea that bit more real.
    You shared it.
    We liked it.

And that's the end of it.

There is no
    You owe us.

There is no
    We have a right to demand.

There is no
    Justified entitlement.

I don't know exactly what is the thought process that is making you deal with this as a job, so I can't give any accurate suggestions that are precisely relevant.
    For that same reason I can't try to offer any sanity-checks if it applies.
    I can't make any wake-up calls if it applies.

So the most concrete thing I can come up with, that would apply to this specific situation (involving this specific batch of updates (maybe)) is this.

Make a list. Get a bug report? Add it there. Find a bug yourself? Add it there. Any thing, no matter how simple or easy it is to fix, just add it there. Then, whenever you have "free time" that you've devoted for developing the mod, fix it in batch in your own time.

No hotfixes unless they literally make the mod unplayable.

Anybody moaning because "You're giving broken things you suck!"
    Well screw them. You've made it explicitly clear that the mod is in development.
    It's not finished.
    It can break.

If they can't understand that, then they shouldn't even be playing Starbound now.

Also, another thing. Whether or not the things I write make you feel pressured about this whole project (And I want to state here that if it does or does not is a question that I do NOT want answered, because ultimately it is irrelevant), the only reason I would be okay with it is that I think that there IS a way that this project can be done, and can be done with a little amount of bumps along the road (specifically on your side, because let's face it. That's the one that matters for this whole thing to happen in the first place). The reason I think that you should still work on this, regardless of the fact that that right now it (might) seem to be a chore, is that it doesn't have to be. All I can do is hope that you can find a way to make it so, and a way that is not getting sick of it and scrapping it.

So, in case what I just wrote does not apply, well at least remember this.
    In the end, it's your world. It's your species. It's your big flapping bag of adorableness. It's your mod.
    We can all just go suck it.

EDIT: I just realized that this whole post is half-sappy and half-overly-dramatic and might be completely and utterly unnecessary and you seem to have this whole thing (this whole thing not being what I wrote :p) figured out (on second thought you must have considering that you've taken this so far). In which case, sorry for wasting your time :lickitung:

EDIT 2: Still, the whole "We can just go suck it." is super valid in my eyes.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  12. Edgewalker_001

Edgewalker_001 Big Damn Hero

Ah it's ok, ask any programmer and they will tell you similar stories.

At least this guy hasn't developed a serious god complex *because* people like his stuff like some other people one could mention... If one had the inclination.

So you are probably the one mod creator/programmer I like the best right now, and I'm sorry for the silly and pointless complaint I made months ago about the missing respawn animation.

Because god knows, I've tried making one myself and I gave up after the first three hours... =p

13. EpicNomming

EpicNomming Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am assuming that the Avali weapons are made of a kind of glass, but when used have a thin coating of light or energy to give them a sharp edge? This is how I have imagined the Impervium tier weapons to work; there is only so much a simple strong blade and sharp edge can do.
    I have a request for a weapon: Some form of wrist mounted gun or dagger.

14. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

http://avali.wikia.com/wiki/Codices#Melee_Weaponry

15. Edgewalker_001

Edgewalker_001 Big Damn Hero

16. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Not yet, some of these advanced things I'm waitting to see what chucklefish does first. got to remember the core game is still in earliest beta :p

17. Starbound playa

Starbound playa Pangalactic Porcupine

There is this thing. and its called imagination...
    Imagination.gif

18. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

Just want to make it clear, I have absolutely no problem if bugs remain in the mod, and I'd like to apologize if I came across as saying otherwise. Take your break. Few of us will really mind if you take some time off - well, at least, we'll all understand your reasons.

If anyone's saying otherwise to you, screw them. The moment this stops being a fun hobby for you is the moment the project'll start to die, so in the end, you taking that break is in everyone's best interests. So take at least a week off (I'd recommend more) and just ignore us obnoxious forum posters for the duration.

So seriously, no lip service, have a good break.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  19. DoragonKeiyou

DoragonKeiyou Big Damn Hero

Nothing big (and not sure if anyone else has reported it or if it's just a feature) but placing an Avali Footlocker will have an item in it generated. If you pick up and replace it, it generates a new item. Only have done it 6 times (to actually confirm) and I've gotten either a small amount of pixels (10-50) or a data chit.

20. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Doragon, that seems to be a vanilla issue. I've had that issue with some vanilla storage containers (and some vanilla objects modified to be containers)so I doubt that Ryuu will be able to do anything.

J_Mourne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.