1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Race Mod, The second thread!

Discussion in 'Races' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrChow

MrChow Pangalactic Porcupine

This is 100% true. Trying to keep with Unstable or Nightly is a horror. D:

2. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

Mackinz you rock. Having the Avali on an Avian ship feels wrong to me. going to play with the original sprite. Also for the larger sizes I would love help anyone wanting to sketch up designs would be a wonderful amount of assistance.
    I'd be willing to find my way to teamspeak or mumble for easier group discussion on the matter. look up Rathguddler on steam Thats me. current username there is Ithilrandir

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  3. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

The most recent Avali community update has a custom ship.
    I'd tell you to look back a few pages for it but eh, here:

Unofficial Avali update v1.21 (Final update)

I'm simply reposting this so people have a handy link within the recent pages. If you are already using 1.21, no need to update, there are no changes.

Remember to remove your previous installation before updating!
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23659259/Modpacks/Avali/Unofficial avali 1.21.zip

Known incompatabilities: (Red = Unable to use together. Orange = Usable together with a patch. Yellow = Usable together with small effort)
    Frackin' Universe - Item collision (graphene) Both mods add in graphene, and Starbound doesn't like that. To use these together, all you have to do is find and delete ONLY ONE of the graphene.item files, and the game will work normally.
    (No further known incompatabilities)

Additional credits:
    Mackinz - Actually updating it at first
    Devani - Ship, AI, suit images (w/ help from Mackinz)
    Thakyz - Various files

ADDONS:
    If you want to use this mod with dye mod, you have to download this version of dye mod:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?attachments/dyemod-zip.119890/

Additionally, you must use the dye patch (Thanks, Thakyz):
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23659259/Modpacks/Avali/avali - dyemod.zip
    ----------

Any other addons for Avali you guys know of? Send me a link, preferably to the mod page!

4. conanthealien

conanthealien Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, what was the reason for the chosen Ship AI sprite? It's kinda boring compared to the others...

5. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  6. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

Awhile ago a few people discussed the AI and they came to a conclusion to have a waveform design. The reason for this is because Avali can hear way better than they can see. Although its better than the Avian crystal right?
    This is a bit funny because someone else was talking about A.V.I.A.N. on here not too long ago.

7. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

so From the Wiki it looks like another SAIL program should have very toothy expressions if we go along the lines of what Cgeta did with A.V.I.A.N.
    We'd probably also want a different acronym :p

8. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

The Avali are a more auditory race, relying on their sharp hearing rather than their eyesight. The AI is, from what I've gathered, intended to resemble a waveform, a visual representation of sound waves.

9. Valiance30156

Valiance30156 Big Damn Hero

I'm just going to pop in and say thanks to RyuujinZERO for taking the time to make the Avali mod; i enjoyed many months playing as one during the Alpha. I also understand that you might decide not to come back (haitus), so I hope that wherever the Avali race decides to land on next furthers their development.

10. Loofy

Loofy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I came back to the thread to see the mod updated and was, obviously, quite glad. It seems though the "Andromeda" ship, as I suggested didn't make it to be part of the release. I attempted to replace the ship files by myself, though now beginning a new character gives me nothing but blackness, and as such I'm led to believe it isn't as simple as renaming another ship's files and dragging and dropping them in, hitting "replace." Could someone with more knowledge possibly assist me with this, as I really would very much prefer that ship over the Avali one?

11. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

I made a patch for you.
    Replace the folder "ships" in the Avali folder with this one:

Loofy and Ixantir like this.
  12. Loofy

Loofy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

13. f0xh0und696

f0xh0und696 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

my avali sniper will prevail once more :sneaky:

14. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Note, however: You'll run into issues trying to play multiplayer with another avali with the default ship. You'll see the Andromeda background, because the server's telling you to load that tier's background for the Avali's ship. You may also have the block collisions of the Andromeda ship, with the item placement of the other player's ship.

You may also run into problems trying to upgrade your ship in multiplayer.

For singleplayer, though, you'll be just fine.

15. Monobrobe

Monobrobe Void-Bound Voyager

This might be a stupid question, but I just want some confirmation. Can Avali settlements appear on any planet? I read that if there's another major dungeon, chances are you won't find a settlement on that planet, but I'm wondering if there's specifics.
    Also, do they have to be vanilla planets? I have Frackin' Universe.
    If they do, then I just have really crappy luck.

16. fogwip

fogwip Void-Bound Voyager

i feel like there's some planet types that just don't have settlements. i have yet to find any settlements on ocean, magma, moons, volcano, dead, or alien planets, for example, and those are just the default ones. idk how frackin' universe would affect that, or if i've just been unlucky in my search for settlements, though... but aside from that, i think any planet that can have settlements can have avali settlements

17. Monobrobe

Monobrobe Void-Bound Voyager

I finally found a couple. Both were on desert planets.

18. OneWayLearning

OneWayLearning Void-Bound Voyager

For whatever reason, those 1.22 dropbox links a few pages back just arn't working for me. Is there something wrong with the links themselves?

19. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

1.22 was rolled back. Look a little less far, there's a link to 1.21.

20. OneWayLearning

OneWayLearning Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, I hadn't seen any mention of that, I was probably skimming too quickly... Thank you for alerting me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.