1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Race Mod, The second thread!

Discussion in 'Races' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

Okay, I was tinkering with the ships for a bit. I'm happy with the results until the ship stage 4, I think there needs to be changes with the background door placements and the floor caution marks to make it aligned with the door in the second room.

Fixed! Looks and makes more sense.

Stage 0 (everything is broke!):
    shipbroke(all).png
    Stage 1 (repair the FTL!):
    ship(NFTL).png
    Stage 3 (fully repaired!):
    shipfullyrepaired.png
    Stage 4 (ship upgrade!)
    Shipupgrade2.png

I am using the Human room layout for the ships at the moment...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    Dead Feather and Ulithium_Dragon like this.
  2. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

Needs some orange!
    Seriously, though, looks good so far! :]

3. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

Testing it in game (t1-3 already tested)... I'm working on the T4 ship and its alignment in the configs.
    I'll add some orange in the final product :)

Fixed some errors with my T4 ship and found its alignments.

I'll begin working on the more advanced tiers tomorrow, I need some sleep.

4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

If you're looking for more ideas for the ship, I got permission from Gilzokha to use his Avali-styled Andromeda ship for the mod. Couldn't hurt to poke through the files and reuse some ideas you like.

myomi13 likes this.
  5. myomi13

myomi13 Pangalactic Porcupine

Ha! that's what I'm using right now. I especially like the center aligned teleporter space. Makes keeping all my stuff on my ship til I find a base a lot less hectic.

@Devani It's nice, but it's could use a little more character, maybe add some breaks in all that white, possibly some tech related pattern? Don't be afraid to borrow some ideas from the tileset either. The avali palette seems to revolve around orange, white and dark grey, and a tiny bit of blue to contrast.

6. Shadow Gamer

Shadow Gamer Void-Bound Voyager

How many upgrades can you get? I forgot completely

7. Rukrio

Rukrio Pangalactic Porcupine

max i'm aware of is 8

8. Shadow Gamer

Shadow Gamer Void-Bound Voyager

Quick question, when will the ships be available? It looks too good to ignore.

9. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

I was trying to stick with the same look as the old Avali cruiser (Keeping it classic with minor changes). Don't get me wrong I do like how the Andromeda ship textures look, In fact really like the dark-like metal and orange streak in the white near the bottom of the ship. Although, I do think the ship should be more related to Avali air ship design.

What I'm working on:
    -Technology malfunctions (broken aerogel wires) on the stage 0 ship
    -Making the FTL drive seem more broken
    -Creating higher tier ships
    -Adding more orange to the ships in general
    -Finding the custom ship alignments for tier 5 and up
    -Adding more computer-ish backgrounds in some places
    -re-texturing the tech station
    -re-texturing the ship locker
    -re-texturing the fuel hatch
    -re-texturing the teleporter

Maybe in a few days, I'm kinda busy today.

10. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

By "AI unit" you mean Tech Station, right? Also will you be doing the Fuel Hatch, and the Teleporter?

11. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

Yes, I meant the Tech Station.
    I will add those to the list!

12. fogwip

fogwip Void-Bound Voyager

i feel like the andromada ship may be a bit too bulky looking for the avali's tastes? their lore kinda focuses on hit-and-run tactics, and i feel like their ships would be kinda sleek, easy to maneuver and hard to hit because of that. i kinda like the variation of the human ship better, sleek and trim seems like it'd fit with them better then bulky and armored

Devani likes this.
  13. Brintau

Brintau Void-Bound Voyager

With this mod what issues are current with the build? Is there a way to add it to the avali without breaking the game for the user, like say going to another persons ship in multi and seeing the ships background as that Andromeda ship and not vanilla?

I like the look of the ship overall, but I don't want to have someone I know add this to their server only to break everyone's ships all together. Would it even be possible to have it only specific for the Avali instead of the current Vanilla ship that they use? Sorry if this is kinda lengthy, but I don't frankly know where to ask with this specifically. Since the tiered ships are great, specially the white and orange one looks nice with the avali theme.

14. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

Well, you could try opening the avali folder and replacing the ship files with the one from the Andromeda ship mod. Also installing that mod shouldn't break anyone's ship, it effects the installer, not other players (well... they might crash if they were to beam to the ship without the mod). If both players have that mod, they would be able to see each others' ships.

15. Brintau

I guess I could try replacing files with that ship in particular, I tried it before with no success so mayhaps I am doing something wrong for it. I'll give it another go when I'm not busy, hopefully I can replace the ship files with andromedas.

16. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

You may need to make a new character once you switch ship files (something I picked up while testing my new ships).

17. myomi13

myomi13 Pangalactic Porcupine

At most you should only need to delete the character's ship world file. You should move all your stored good and and objects off ship first though as the new shipworld resets locker contents.

@Brintau Make sure to find the starter treasure line in the the blockkey.config and replace human with avali. That'll make sure you get the avali starter stuff. If you expect to make a habit of renaming files I recommend getting a mass renaming program. Saves oodles of time and effort.

18. Brintau

Got it, though I'm only interested in changing the current ship of the Avali to the ship stated before, I really don't like the current ship that is used. True it's not lore friendly, but considering the main guy is no longer concerned about this mod for Starbound for the time being, I think this ship suits the needs, and saves loads of time. Hope that the dungeon spawning is fixed soon, with the certain mentionables earlier said in this thread.

Edit1: On a side note, I've never altered any files for modding purposes such as this so I'm somewhat in the dark. All I want to do is replace the current ship with that Adromeda one. So I don't know if its something specific, because I dont want that same ship replacing every other ship in my game.

Edit2: Alright, I have no idea what exactly I'm doing wrong. I think I'm missing a config file for the andromeda ship so I cant adjust anything there. (Love hitting brick walls.) I'll try some more things later, have no idea what to do here.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  19. riscles

riscles Orbital Explorer

hey im probably just an idiot and you get it later on or I have an old version or something but I start off with an avian ship it does mention that I stole it and all but I keep seeing everyone else have avail ships with the ridiculous overhang thing so um I would like somebody to clear this up please THX

20. Silverotter

Silverotter Weight of the Sky

They haven't updated the avali ship, so the mod uses the avian ship instead. It is not a feature, it is a limitation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.