1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Race Mod, The second thread!

Discussion in 'Races' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

Greetings from the Avali Nexus! Don't go there it's really awkward right now always.
    I think this is a neat idea, though. We have a few people who're really good with writing - I'm gonna ask and see if anyone would be interested in writing codices. We may not understand the lore perfectly but the only person who does is Ryuu I'd say.

In the lore I'm pretty sure the Oracle is only accessible by a small few due to its nature.
    Waveform, yay! Not digging the blue too much, but who knows, it could be nice against the orange everywhere else (after all orange and blue are complimentary colours)

2. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

The blue in the glitch unique emote? I changed the blue waveform awhile back.

3. Shaadaris

The blue in the "no" emote. It's too "strong" a blue (but that's just a personal dislike)

4. MrChow

MrChow Pangalactic Porcupine

Hmm... from what I saw in the video, the AI like this needs more frames, at least two times more (it's very slow for the waveform, unless old Windows Sound Recorder is what you're parodying). :)

5. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

The refuse (no) emote was changed from blue to orange awhile ago.

Can you even add more frames? This is the default template used for all the vanilla races and a few modded AI's. I haven't seen any more frames added than the default one in other mods.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  6. MrChow

7. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

MrChow likes this.
  8. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

I updated my Avali Tech Bow mod based on the fan update, in case anyone cares.

9. MrChow

Sweeeeeeet~ :3 Thank you, man!

10. Silverotter

Silverotter Weight of the Sky

AVIAN has lots of compatibility issues with other mods. And adding another mod as a requirement might piss off a few users.

11. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Computer decided to crap out. You guys will be stuck with the last update for a while.

12. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

Okay, finished the tech suits found in the assets under: [tech/skins/breathprotection-radiationprotection/suits]

Breath protection: Cold protection: Heat protection: Radiation protection:
    avali-female.png avali-female.png avali-female.png avali-female.png

13. Shaadaris

Devani likes this.
  14. Anciendraak

Anciendraak Star Wrangler

Well crap. I figured I'd finally download your update to it to try it out and your computer forsakes you. DAMN YOU MACHINE GODS! eh, I'll just wait for the next update. Maybe it's about time I get back into Starbound. Least to continue my terrorizing/terraforming of my home planet. Or start up as the Avali again. then terrorizing. :D[DOUBLEPOST=1426481066][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The Nexus. Tis crazy. Love all the RPs. Always wanted to join but honestly don't know what to do, why to do it, nor do I want to unearth all the threads to find out what the hell is going on. Rather just RP ingame and be weird/annoying there.

15. Shaadaris

If you're talking about the serious RP, since it was moved to a new thread we have a complete general overview of the RP universe in the first post, and our Google Drive is full of character sheets and information too. If you're talking about the out of character in character roleplay, then there's nothing to know other than even the people like me who've been around since before the original mod development thread split into the Nexus don't understand what's going on with it.

16. Anciendraak

Serious or Normal, I generally love story building and both are capable. Hell love writing in general. The issue with the current serious one on the Nexus is more of me wondering "So if they're doing all this... what exactly would adding another character do to mess this up?" Seriously. to many characters and sometimes things go sour, or disrupts something because new things need to be made. And something about that makes me just not want to be that guy. so instead I just take the time to attempt to read. I usually have to go through ten or so pages to even keep up though because I can only read at night.

(Note: I am a lurker. it's what I do. :3)

However I still would love to see that RP story summary. :D

BACK TO TOPIC: How is the current fanpatch for everyone? Same Avali we all know and love? Also,

^ This. I want this. Must download! ;A;

17. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

Well, so far so good.
    A few patches were made already fixing the hammock and pillows (possibly more things).
    Only one emoticon is missing from the directional emotes (I think its shift+contol+right). never mind..
    We still need a ship and the dungeons.
    I did notice something fishy about the AM1 Firelance (the sniper) every time I shot it on a planet it killed me.

18. Anciendraak

Yay.
    Awesome.
    Woo!
    Damn.
    Seriously. Machine Gods. Why.

19. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Is anyone else unable to craft Graphene at the Lathe? If so, I've made a small patch. I'm not against making other small patches like this, but I'm no modder and half the time don't know what I'm doing. I'll try to take a look at the AM1 to see if I can figure out what's going on until Mackinz gets his computer stuff situated.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23659259/Modpacks/Avali/avali.species

There's the patch. It goes inside the mod's folder, in the species folder. Overwrite the already present avali.species and you'll be all set.

20. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Alternatively, you could have also easily added a line of code to the lathe UI config file, which I was going to do but was unable to upload.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.