1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Race Mod, The second thread!

Discussion in 'Races' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riscles

riscles Orbital Explorer

so sorry for bothering you again but where exactly would the updated version be because "a few pages back" is just more chatting/ bug reports sorry for being really thick

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

3. austinlb90

austinlb90 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

can i ask you a quick question, what exactly is nexus i went there once to download a mod but what exactly is it.

4. MrChow

MrChow Pangalactic Porcupine

Mackinz, apologies if this was brought up earlier, but I really hope you'll also find time to update this addon mod (or at least coordinate with people who made it so they would update it too). :) Thank you very much for your hard work!

myomi13 likes this.
  5. myomi13

myomi13 Pangalactic Porcupine

No not the modding website, silly billy. I mean the fanbase/clan thread here at chucklefish forums.

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?forums/clans.23/

It's a huge reocurring thread full of Avali fans that roleplay,draw, etc. I figure it'll help get things running if you involve people who eat,sleep,breathe Avali. There's got to be some true lore buffs in there. Couldn't hurt to check for an decent artist or writer either, well actually I'm a decent artist, but I got a horrible work ethic for personal projects, and you guys deserve some commitment.

6. austinlb90

not for me i can't rp, draw or do anything like that for my life. Also we could ask one of the people who know the lore by heart to make some codex entries.Well i could get into the drawing but i really don't want to i would first have to find a good and free art program then learn how to sketch an avali then draw it third keep my attention on my art, and last but not least learn how to do good art on this program and computer.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  7. myomi13

I can rp, but I don't like people enough to just do with strangers :rofl:.

@Mr. Chow that looks like it could be merged into the main mod with permissions, but I think updating dye mod is gonna come before any other mod addons just because there's a heavy bit of content tied to it. Don't worry about that, from the looks of the dye mod discussion thread it's in the works.

MrChow likes this.
  8. austinlb90

Well you aren't a very trusting person or able to realize that rping on the computer with stranger is kinda common, you just have to weasel your way in to an rp but be subtle don't rush in guns blazing it won't work try to find ways in then go in with those ways well that's what i do when i play kingdom life on roblox.Also who gonna ask those lore buffs for some codex entries.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  9. myomi13

Nah, I really just don't like people :rofl:. It's not a matter of trust (though it kinda is) it's a matter of interacting with someone I'm not used to in a very personal matter. I'm a extremely shy private person, there's a really small circle of people in real life that 100% know me. People always gave me a severely hard time in the past cause I'm different so I grew up with a bad outlook on meeting new people. This is pretty off topic so let's leave it at that.

Christovski and MrChow like this.
  10. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

Okay, finally finished the AI it is still in beta and I need your opinions to help improve it!

First version of the AI:

avaliai.png

^noticed a issue with the bottom unique animation (will be fixed(the placement of the Avali emblems)).

Second (glitchy) version of the AI:

avaliaiv2.png

Comito likes this.
  11. MrChow

I have a suggestion: do not use clashing blue colour inside the waveform - it doesn't fit the orange theme. Try to keep the orange palette.[DOUBLEPOST=1426373811][/DOUBLEPOST]Went ahead and edited it myself...

[​IMG]

12. Csonic6

Csonic6 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can I just confirm are these updates of the mod official (ie within approval or knowledge of the creator Ryuujin) or completely community based updates and Ryuujin is still working on his version?

13. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

So you like the glitch unique emote?
    I think that the white needs to be in there and the orange in some parts, kinda like the blue in my original post.

No, Ryuujin is currently working on other platforms. You should read back a few pages

14. MrChow

Check it in-game before making assumptions. You can't have several extremely different styles of a waveform, otherwise it just won't look good, keep it consistent.

15. Csonic6

Csonic6 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thanks I managed to catch up on what's going on!
    Ryuujin would space engineers be a good fit? (Didn't a version of unreal engine get released for free awhile ago?)

How about basing the ai on the Oracle so from the lore (of course I don't know what that looks like)
    [​IMG]

16. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

Right, I still need to find a way to test it in game, I'll tinker with some of the other race's A.I.s and replace them for now. When I was tinkering with it yesterday, I kept changing the ai.config.path to:

{ "op" : "add"
    ,"path" : "/species/avali"
    ,"value" : {
    "aiFrames" : "avaliAI.png",
    "staticFrames" : "staticavali.png",

Although changing the picture file names to avaliAI.png and staticavali.png didn't seem to work and resaulted with a crash. I looked at a few other mods that changed the AI and staticframes but I couldn't find the difference.

I plan on removing the blue and replacing it with orange like you did and changing a few more things.

17. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

Sorry for the double post!

Okay first of all I did manage to test it in game. The reason why I couldn't before is because text edit decided to change the default code closers to a different type of parenthesis.
    Thanks Mr.Chow for the feedback, I also only changed minor things/ideas from what you posted.

Here is the staticavali.png:
    staticavali.png

Here is the avaliai.png:
    avaliai.png

If you are interested in seeing it in game watch this video:

Sorry for my mumbling and poor quality video. I have very slow upload speeds and even this short video took a half n' hour uploading.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    Loofy and Mackinz like this.
  18. Brintau

Brintau Void-Bound Voyager

Some nice work being done here, hopefully someone with some know how comes along to assist in restoring the spawns/dungeons/ships for this mod to stable.

19. Loofy

Loofy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This, looks incredibly good to me. I have difficulties waiting for the release with all of this new art in :3

Devani likes this.
  20. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

Looking into the dungeons atm, I don't see a major change in them... Can't wait to finish this avaliencounter.dungeon so I can see what horribly goes wrong :D
    I'm using the apex dungeon for a guide, but that could be a horrible mistake. I'll have to wait and find out.

This is actually going to be a big pain, because matching the layout of the other dungeons requires a lot of typing and deletes. May take a long time and after I do finish the actual .dungeon I'm not even sure if it will even work.
    I'll continue working on it tomorrow for a bit.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.