Avali Nexus 23: Title Pending

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Avali Nexus, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

Forum down for anyone else right now?

2. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

I registered for the Avali Nexus forum, but I can't post at all. I think it won't let me because my account still says it's not activated even though It said it was...

3. Silverotter

Silverotter Weight of the Sky

Create a post in the introductions subforum. Ehks will manually activate your account for regular posting.

Yes, this method is meant to prevent spambots and trolls from easily ruining the forums.

4. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

Why don't you guys just check the new registrations against the StopForumSpam database and/or get a Project Honey Pot key?

5. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

We did that
    they got through anyways. I do manual stuff, it's not too hard - really easy to distinguish bots/people thankfully. Bot log out the instant they register, so their "registered" and "last online" times are the exact same.

6. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

I did what Silverotter told me and it worked out just fine. I am glad that I finally joined the forums!

7. austinlb90

austinlb90 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

hey was one of the spam bots called psychodragon?

8. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

I approved that account, but then the data loss happened and it was wiped.

9. austinlb90

austinlb90 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

okay, so you can't check to see if it was a bot?

10. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

i know it wasn't a bot because the account applied twice, with a similar name (first time was spelled incorrectly)

11. Flarezerker

Flarezerker Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So just outta curiosity, is the IRC, like, a thing?

12. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

no it's pretty much dead

13. Silverotter

And this thread should be dead too. Out, damned necromancers!

14. Flarezerker

But Necromancy is fun. You get to see vids like this one.
    And also lots of... ahem... ''interesting'' images. Yeah, ''interesting''. Either way, just waitin' on my Nexus account, then Im good to go.
    EDIT: Also, WTF is up with the TF thing? Is that, like, a fetish thing?
    EDIT:EDIT: I am now scarred for life, and have witnessed the horror of 169.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  15. SCN-3_<NULL>

SCN-3_<NULL> Pangalactic Porcupine

Okay, a bit of necromancy here but I have to say out a few words here after the RP and OOC threads have been "locked". Dont worry, I'll beat this dead horse a few more times after this.

Having the RP and the OOC thread "locked" does mean having two of the only three pipeline cut off thus narrowing down our chance/rate to receive new members on our own forum which is before the lock, very low except a load of bots to the current none except a fluff load of bots. Dont you guys kinda jumping the gun there?

With that said,
    *brutally whacks the thread like there's tomorrow, this is not one for the kids*

16. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Driving up the membership of an external site is not one of the purposes or goals of moderation. Keeping the forums here in order is such a goal. Those threads saw extremely little activity for a decent period (about a month or longer) and it was indicated by several participants of the RP that it was no longer being held here (as mentioned in the "locking" post). If there's interest in reviving the RP, all a user has to do is report the (preferably first) post and ask for the thread to be reopened so that the RP can continue. It's that simple. The same holds true for just about any thread that hasn't been closed due to derailment/spamming/other violations.

On a related note, I see a few complaints here and there that potential members apparently have a hard time finding your new site but I don't recall seeing a link to the site in anyone's signature. Just sayin'. (Not to mention that locking a thread does not hide it from public view, assuming it was already publicly viewable.)

Jonesy likes this.
  17. Torren

Torren Ketchup Robot

Hi there, I've recently come back to Starbound with the introduction of the last few major patches. This is actually one of the mods that really caught my eye and brought me back; I'm curious if there are any active roleplay servers with this mod featured in it? I'd love to roleplay with a small community involving Avali. Also, what's this about a separate site? Is there somewhere I can find Avali related resources and lore other than the available wiki?

18. Silverotter

Please, direct yourself to a thread that actually did conversation about the mod once in a while. The Avali Triage mod is a port of the original avali mod to the newer version of Starbound, you can find it in the mod depot. You can also find it's conversation thread.

19. Flarezerker

Here's the new forums for the Avali, also has a lore&art dump from RyuujinZERO. http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/index.php
    And if you wanted an RP server, you could always try Starbound Serenity, but they have a down-graded client that runs Koala builds, and plus, its pretty intense stuff. If you wanted to, here's the link to Serenity: http://starboundserenity.com/

20. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

MAYDAY MAYDAY FORUM DOWN I REPEAT FORUM DOWN