Modding Discussion Avali 1.0 Reboot Discussion

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by RyuujinZERO, Aug 11, 2016.

1. RowanEx

RowanEx Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey everyone, got an HD picture of the Avali logo?

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  2. ProfPhoenix

ProfPhoenix Void-Bound Voyager

rip avali reboot

3. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Press :avalicry: to pay respects.

4. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

:avalicry:

Firebird Zoom paid her respects.

5. Twidad

Twidad Tentacle Wrangler

So I've been playing with the avali for a little over a year now. I stumbled upon this thread after realizing there was actually a fanbase dedicated to the avali mods (pretty wicked). I was just curious, is it safe to say this dream is dead? That the avali reboot isn't going to happen? I mean it's been ages since master ryuu has been on the site and even longer since he posted. As much as I would love to see a new revamped version of the space raptors, something tells me it's not going to happen. Thoughts?

6. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

Last we heard of master Ryuu he was flying to America and then *poof*.

So I would say he's discovered some pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

Firebird Zoom and Twidad like this.
  7. Twidad

Twidad Tentacle Wrangler

Damn think he'd mind with parting some of those sweet sweet shiny rods?

8. Carbynene

Carbynene Master Chief

I won't part with it.:avalihug:

Twidad likes this.
  9. Twidad

Twidad Tentacle Wrangler

Does anyone have any discord links to avali groups? I'd love to be active in the community a bit more than posting on this thread every day

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  10. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

The Triage mod has an active discord here: https://discord.gg/KzjdXAW

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  11. Twidad

Twidad Tentacle Wrangler

12. AvalonArrival

AvalonArrival Void-Bound Voyager

Alright so these questions have probably been asked before, but I'm gonna ask em again cause I didn't see the answers and I don't feel like hunting for em. A) Is the reboot really dead? or do we just not know either way? and :cool: If it isn't dead, should I gather up all the avali fans and start a manhunt for Ryuujin?

13. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

I wouldn't bank on the reboot. If you're optimistic, it's in indefinite hiatus; and if you're realistic, we have the Triage as a backup.

14. Twidad

Twidad Tentacle Wrangler

I mean going on 2 years when the core mod was supposed to be released by 2017? I'd think it'd be a safe bet so say it's gone. While it's definitely sad, there are still amazing creators out there who are making more avali mods. We can now make the avali our own thing, considering the lore is bunk we can substitute our own for fanfics, art, and roleplay. Plus the community is still decently active considering the last cannon avali lore and shit was released in 2014 (as far as I know). So as the saying goes, don't cry cause it's over, smile cause it happened

15. Twidad

Twidad Tentacle Wrangler

Well news, apparently shady (one of the admins of the triage discord) stated that ryuu does in fact plan on returning, but he's busy at the moment. So do with that as you will

16. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

So there's hope, but don't get too excited.

17. Twidad

Twidad Tentacle Wrangler

Basically, I mean I don't see why he would claim to come back if he didn't plan to

18. AvalonArrival

AvalonArrival Void-Bound Voyager

Any news is good news at this point, I just want an answer of it's dead or not at this point.

19. Twidad

Twidad Tentacle Wrangler

So I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but where would i post fanfics regarding the avali?
    I'm working on one and it's almost finished

20. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

There are sections on this forum for general Starbound fanfiction, and I'd assume that Fanfiction.net and Archive of Our Own have Starbound categories. For the avali specifically, there's a page on the wiki.