Modding Discussion Avali 1.0 Reboot Discussion

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by RyuujinZERO, Aug 11, 2016.

1. ProfPhoenix

ProfPhoenix Void-Bound Voyager

So is the mod still under development? I read through some of the thread and didn't really see anything confirming nor denying the continuation of it.

Sock of Retribution likes this.
  2. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Ryuujin's reboot? Certainly not without Ryu.

3. ProfPhoenix

Alright, I figured as much, I just wanted to be sure. And I may be late to the party, but about the tents: they're crazy futuristic tents that work with bullet proof (not bullet resistant) materials. It's not that hard to imagine they have a way to prevent the wind from creating that big of a problem

4. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

With me it's the opposite story. I honestly find what I like to call the "canon-cops" by far more annoying than the people who disregard it.

The reason behind this is extremely simple of course: People overwhelmingly base their Avali characters on the ones they create in Starbound. And the fact is, Avali canon is in direct conflict with Starbound's game mechanics. Avali canon pretty much states that an Avali should shrivel up and die the minute they hit that first lust planet or even jump into a puddle of water, and that you shouldn't find Avalis on anything except snow worlds. Obviously, this doesn't happen: you can walk around lush worlds just fine, plus you find Avali camps in deserts, lush worlds, even lava worlds. This means that right from the outset, players have to come up with some sort of excuse as to why their character (and the ones they see) can run around these worlds without auto-dying like most characters would on a lava world without a cold EPP. The go-to solution to this is either blood transfusion or nanobots.

That's also why they're depicted as being human height too.

This.

5. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Alright, you're under arrest by the canon police.
    You have the right to read the avali wiki in its entirety....

6. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

You'll never take me alive!

(Shoots hyper realistic human blood, bio-engineered dicks, prosthetic vagoos and breasts, and horrible Avali x Pony tentacle clopfics at canon police!)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  7. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Fortunately, I have a modified healingzone staff that bypasses invulnerability and instead of healing you, poisons you with all damage over time effects in the game.
    I smite you.

Seriously though, avali have like... fancy augments and all, so it's not like "Hmm, a lush planet. I'm absolutely unable to bring a basic device like an EPP or just get some fancy augments that allows me to walk naked on moons. Nah. I'm going to genetically modify myself to be a practically alien species! :DD"
    is just...
    ... wha?

Oh, and it's not the avali are human-sized. Everyone else's just small in this universe.

8. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

A penguin decided to shoot the universe with a shrink ray, but forgot that they themselves were part of the universe too.

9. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

10. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Best not to ask too many questions; they've gone off the deep end it seems.

11. Sock of Retribution

Sock of Retribution Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's an idea right there. He'd probably go into a role as diplomat instead, which would have to mean that he's not with the Ralai pack but rather a completely different group of people. :/

12. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Want to know what's absolutely lovely? The faux-Avali-styled "Astro" furniture theme introduced in 1.3 and the associated inset wall panels. I suspect those are going to be 90%+ of what Avali builds will consist of.

13. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

It's like a mix of protectorate and avali.
    Oh, and I'm pretty sure I already asked about this but got no real answer, can I have the .png of that avali hoverbike on a garage stand prop?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  14. ProfPhoenix

Do any of y'all have a good avali mod list for the newest release? I am only aware of the triage.
    Didn't know where else to ask

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  15. TR-219

TR-219 Subatomic Cosmonaut

A lot of Avali Mod mods... (for lack of a better term) are on steam. I know of some here, but not many. It also depends on what you are looking for. A few off the top of my head that I have are for character customization/clothing/armour, adding racial buffs/debuffs, and decorative items.

16. ProfPhoenix

Yeah simple stuff like that, I want to immerse myself into this avali thing

17. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

18. ProfPhoenix

19. Toa_Derax

Toa_Derax Pangalactic Porcupine

Woah woah woah, there's Avali emotes?!
    TIL.

20. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

Thank Crossfang for that.

:avalibleh::avalimusic::avalihug::avaliconfused::avalipretty::avalilol::avalixD::avalicry::avail:D:
    Here they all are.