automatic turrets

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by stakeout, Jun 24, 2013.

1. stakeout

stakeout Title Not Found

I all so knew this but i did not want to do that, it made me feel really cheap and your house would not look like a house. It would give NPCs a hard time. I would even consider it cheating but that's just me. Terraria gives you freedom of building how you want to. If zombies have the ability to "knock" on doors i would want them to be able to do this why? Do you see any other zombie game or movie were zombies are not a threat just because my doors UP TWO BLOCKS so i just gave the zombies what they wanted a fair chance to uhhh sell "cookies". That was just how i play you can play however you want.

2. pikachu junior

pikachu junior Master Chief

plus turrets are cooler than blocks :whistle:

Axe Garian likes this.
  3. Spertin

Spertin Big Damn Hero

And after, WHAT ? If you don't want to kill bad people, just don't play this game, with automatic turrets what would you do hum ?

4. pikachu junior

pikachu junior Master Chief

saying you don't want turrets just because you think it's not fighting:rolleyes: isn't a good enough reason to ruin it for everyone else who do want turrets ;) I'd like to see you come up with a better idea:p

Axe Garian likes this.
  5. stakeout

stakeout Title Not Found

I don't really understand your point... by kill "bad" people you mean monsters and NBC's? spertin: "just don't play this game"... uhhh if someone doesn't like the game you should not be on these forums. with the turrets thing? If you made the turret and you designed it to fire at things then you are the killer obviously same with other weapons turrets are no different. Like mines if you placed them there, you killed them and with guns if you shot that bullet you killed them...

6. SproutDog

SproutDog Void-Bound Voyager

pikachu junior and stakeout like this.
  7. Aragaron

Aragaron Big Damn Hero

8. stakeout

stakeout Title Not Found

I think it looks great,:up: funny I started to think that they would start turning slowly and start beeping.

pikachu junior likes this.
  9. Aragaron

Aragaron Big Damn Hero

Thank you kindly! And sorry for the dissapointment :D

pikachu junior and stakeout like this.
  10. Taylor

Taylor Pangalactic Porcupine

I think that they are fantasic

Axe Garian and stakeout like this.
  11. Aragaron

Aragaron Big Damn Hero

Thank you very much! Apparently these sprites have been received much better than I thought, so here's another one. Saints Row IV fans will (hopefully?) like this :) http://i.imgur.com/LEtbBKW.png

stakeout likes this.
  12. Taylor

Taylor Pangalactic Porcupine

I haven't played the game, but I would say that is the dubstep gun. Nicely done.

stakeout likes this.
  13. QShadow

QShadow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think turrets are a great idea, I missed them both in terraria and minecraft (far comparsion I know but whatever) but to make them not OP I would say you have to connect them to central power source within the base which has to be fueled too, something rather hard to craft. I'm thinking here of a rather big generator easily 16 tiles high and 12 tiles broad looking kinda like this [​IMG]

Lets say a tier 1 generator can power 2 turrets, and a tier 2 can power 4 turrets.
    Plus you have to fuel the generator just like your ships engine.
    But hey I'm just throwing ideas on the wall and see if it sticks.

EDIT:
    Also, to make the system vulnarble the generator can be damaged or even destroyedn/sabotaged by certain mobs.

14. stakeout

stakeout Title Not Found

I to wanted turrets in Minecraft and Terraria... the games are different in many ways but they just seemed like it would fit in with the games. I think your idea is great it would bring more depth to the turret which is a good thing(making something were you just craft and plop down would not be as fun as building a hard earned generator and wiring it to the turrets, maybe a ammo dump of sum sorts to? unless they are like energy weapons). Maybe a cloak of sum kind would be in game and you would need to sneak your way in to sabotage it. Maybe they would use turrets and generators in abandoned military bases and you could disrupt it to turn off all the defenses to get loot more easier. Those are just sum ideas of how they would be used in game. BTW nice pictures

Axe Garian and QShadow like this.
  15. stakeout

stakeout Title Not Found

Updated main post.

Axe Garian likes this.
  16. JennShii

JennShii Pangalactic Porcupine

Check it out: the BEST pixel art EVER.
    bestartever.png
    I may have added a couple things to spruce it up a bit because I suck
    at pixel art but it's a turret! I made it myself! Unless it's REALLY bad
    then I just found it.

SproutDog and stakeout like this.
  17. stakeout

stakeout Title Not Found

best turret promotion EVERX3 it should say: BUY NOW BEFORE YOUR HOME IS DESTROYED.

Starsly likes this.
  18. JennShii

JennShii Pangalactic Porcupine

That's a better idea xD
    Like this!

SproutDog, Axe Garian and stakeout like this.
  19. stakeout

stakeout Title Not Found

Now that was funny, I really need to get one. BTW gotta love portal

Axe Garian likes this.
  20. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

How can we have Homeworld Bases without Automatic Turrets & other automated defenses? We can't stay at our Base to watch over it 24/7/365.

I agree with the keeping Turrets powered idea, & the Turrets & Generator both could possibly be destructible, partially... as in when the Turret is defeated, it doesn't disappear or become pick-up-able or anything like that, instead, maybe it would just hang down broken & smoking & be non-functional till it was repaired by the Turret's Owner. Same with the Generator, it would smoke & look broken & lose operation but it wouldn't be destroyed either. That way, the Defenses can be defeated but aren't perma lost. :up:

(I'll likely favor Energy Turrets myself cause Energy regens naturally & doesn't have to be 'resupplied'... I don't wanna use Ammo-based Turrets & then get paranoid later about whether or not my Base could get invaded cause of Ammo Exhaustion.)

SproutDog, stakeout and Starsly like this.