1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Automatic Irrigator v2.3

Automated irrigation with resource cost

1. Demogarose

Demogarose Subatomic Cosmonaut

you know what would be cool? if, instead of simply getting rid of liquids, Drains collected liquids (converting them to item form, with a small internal storage)

2. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

I too feel that should be the case.

3. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Then how would you empty the drains for airlocks? Ir when they get full in general? It would add a tedious micromanagement requirement where it does not belong.

4. BloodyRain2k

BloodyRain2k Pangalactic Porcupine

Easiest solutions to that problem would be either destroy the excess or just dump all destroyed liquids into a connected pipe.

Also maybe looking into the code of this thing might help to get the using of actual liquids going, http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/wired-pump.2413/
    The function that destroys the liquid, same as drains do, actually returns the type and amount of what was 'destroyed' so that could be just stored up internally and each time a whole unit is full it could either spawn an item version into a nearby tank or just dump the amount directly into the system.

5. SmugFrog

SmugFrog Void-Bound Voyager

Chucklefish horribly broke farming! Whoever thought that stupid watering can was a good idea needs to do nothing but run a large farm for a few days to see how much fun that is. I thought rain was supposed to irrigate crops? Is it a bug just not implemented yet? I hope this mod works well I'm downloading it.

6. Demogarose

Demogarose Subatomic Cosmonaut

rain does water crops, sort of. it has to be either heavy rain or a storm though. good rule of thumb: if you arent getting the "wet" debuff, its not going to water your crops

7. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

I do believe there is a place for autmated liquid collection in Starbound. Mainly because I loved automation in Minecraft and I wanna see whats possible in Starbound.
    I also believe that it's best to give people lots of options, so I'm not planning on replacing the original drain.

8. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

I found a great way to keep the auto irrigation tank that uses the pipes.
    Use the mod that adds the liquid tanks, use the large one and hook it up with pipes to feed the system with a near endless supply of water.
    The large liquid tank holds 56 units of liquids at max stack per space so fill that thing up with water and your looking at 56,000 units of water for your fields.

9. earthwolf92

earthwolf92 Space Spelunker

im having issues getting it to work, am i using the wrong pipes? do i have to use both machines at once? Can the irrigation pipes not be background? and its not connecting to the tank

10. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

When you make the Pipe Irrigation system you will then unlock the recipe for the pipes.
    Which tanks Titanium per 20 units of the pipes.
    Also the pipes must be behind the machine and behind and 1 block above the farmed land in order for it to work.

11. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

The pipes have to reach the center position at the back of the machine.
    [​IMG]
    Right there.

It won't work if they are just on the sides or the corners, they have to reach to the middle.

Basically this is because i am lazy :p
    Will fix this in the next version.

To connect to a container for water, the pipes can be anywhere behind it though.

12. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

do you know if any mods might make it where you can't craft or even learn the crafting recipe for this mod as even if i add the mod to my mod list i can't learn how to make the items from it.

13. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

You should be able to learn the recipes from picking up a titanium ingot. If you have any mod that makes changes to titanium ingots they may be incompatible.
    The recipes should show up in the robotic crafting table, so if any mod changes craftingtables or the crafting UI those might cause incompatabillities too.

I'm not home right now, so I can't make a screenshot, but on the main menu in Starbound, your loaded mods should show up in red in the bottom right corner.
    So you can see if the mod has been loaded.

If you still can't craft the items, try posting your starbound log (in a spoiler tag) here for us to have a look at.

14. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

about the only mods i could think of muking this up that i used was fracken universe and maybe garden bots.

15. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

Well I use Frackin Universe and it doesn't mess up the recipes that this mod adds in.
    As for the Garden Bots mod I'm not sure cause I don't use it.

16. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

I just confirmed the mod worked by itself, once again in the starting menu you should see something like this:
    [​IMG]

If the mod is installed correctly it should show up in the list on the right.

Please pick up a titanium ingot ingame to see if it gives you access to the recipes and if that doesn't work post a list of all your mods so I can have a look at it.

17. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey there! I just wanted to drop in and say how much the pipe irrigator is totally AWESOME! (Weird grammar but I like it! ;-) )
    Thanks for making this mod a new favourite of mine! :-D

18. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

I'm glad you like it.

The next update should be a smaller one and then I'll leave this mod for a while.

19. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

Spacedino updated Automatic Irrigator with a new update entry:

Watering Can Upgrades

Read the rest of this update entry...

20. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot