1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Automatic Doors 3.9

Makes all doors open and close automatically!

1. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Wire all doors you dont want to open automaticly!

2. sosmic

sosmic Pangalactic Porcupine

i did and about the jump bug it's fixed thx a lot !!
    you are the boss !!

3. Dark0flare

Dark0flare Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ok,it works great with doors,but hatches......that's another story.They open when coming from the top,but not with the bottom.....Plz fix.My base depends on this...

4. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

there are hatches in the game?

5. Dark0flare

Dark0flare Subatomic Cosmonaut

I use module in a box,and the bases it prints have hatches.

6. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

give me the link, then I might be able to make it compatible

7. sosmic

sosmic Pangalactic Porcupine

8. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

9. CommanderWasp1x

CommanderWasp1x Big Damn Hero

Hi,

Although I've not yet tried this mod cause I'm currently at work, the mod sounds great and I have transferred it to my Dropbox ready for my Pc to sync with it.

While I've been working I had the thought that if your mod made it into the full game some people might not want Auto Doors all the time, so in this case, Would you be able to add an Auto Door On/Off Keybind in a future update? It could be bound to "numpad *" for example. Then during the game players could decide whether they want Auto or Manual doors at anytime during play.

:-D

10. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

That would certainly be the best way to implement, better yet a box to tick in the options whether you want them to behave. If they add keybinding support to the API one day I could certainly add such a thing (they keybinding now, not the tick box, that would require even more freedom).

CommanderWasp1x likes this.
  11. CommanderWasp1x

CommanderWasp1x Big Damn Hero

A Check box would be cool and as you said when they add Keybinding API's then adding it then will be cool :-D

Thank you for replying :-D

12. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

13. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

lornlynx updated Automatic Doors with a new update entry:

quality of life changes

Read the rest of this update entry...

14. Tassii

Tassii Cosmic Narwhal

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  15. Kiyotaka

Kiyotaka Void-Bound Voyager

Doesn't seem to function with, at least, the door you receive by default on your ship. Don't know about others(yet).

I tried unpacking the modpak, but the result was an empty folder. Not sure what's up with that.

EDIT: Situation resolved, it appears my client didn't update from 639. It updated to 643 recently, and it works like a charm.... Except for doors already open, of course.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  16. KamikazeDuck

KamikazeDuck Void-Bound Voyager

Is this mod compatible with mods that add new doors? I'm using MadTulips spaceship mod, and the doors added by the mod do not open automatically. Small nuisance, but I was just curious if it is supposed to be compatible with modded doors or not. Love the mod btw =D

17. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

madtulips doormod doesn't work on purpose, I had to make it not work because the horizonal doors of the mod would make no sense if they opened when you walk over them, I can't remember everything but I think I was not able to determine if his doors are now vertical or horizontal, so I made the mod just not work at all with them

though I also added support for the better doors mod, which features properly done horizontal doors, which don't open when you walk above them but open automatically when are under them

and thanks for the feedback :)

18. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

when NPCs open dorrs they stay open

19. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

yes, that's intended

20. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

yes but they stop opening and closing on there own after that untill you fiddle with them a bit... they are glitched up a little bit after that, if you close the door after them it will open on it's own and stay open some times or not close at all or close and not open for you atomaticaly... you have to open and close it a few times to reset it...[DOUBLEPOST=1410804017][/DOUBLEPOST]and thats EVERY time an NPC walks close to a door, they don't even have to intend to go through it they just walk close to it and it dose it