RELEASED Automate *

Connect machines and chests to automate them.

1. BarbarianRas

BarbarianRas Void-Bound Voyager

2. Teneombre

Teneombre Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for your answer. I will crossfinger for my post to be seen on the better quality more seed mod ^^

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@BarbarianRas Thanks! I have seen that mod, but Automate uses a different architecture that I think will be more flexible (e.g. to support connecting machines in multiple locations).

Also, I don't recommend using stardewvalleymods.net. They republish mods without permission and they usually have very old versions. Here's a list of recommended mod sites.

• MsMeiriona

MsMeiriona Phantasmal Quasar

So the update to allow linking machines is still forthcoming, right? I didn't miss it?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@MsMeiriona It's still coming. It depends on SMAPI 2.1, which is releasing this week. I'll be away for two weeks starting Friday, but I'll post a beta build for adventurous players to try.

• MsMeiriona

MsMeiriona Phantasmal Quasar

Ok thanks, I was just making sure I didn't miss anything.

• Rubii

Rubii Aquatic Astronaut

too bad you didnt get the beta out before you went away, home sick right now with nothing but time to test.

• Ramael

Ramael Void-Bound Voyager

Hah, same! I need my fix of more efficient automation. :)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

I was hoping to release a beta before the vacation, but unfortunately something came up with SMAPI so I ran out of time. I'll post a beta when I get back. :)

Ichimatsu likes this.
                  • yy376

yy376 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not sure how to verify this, or if it's even the cause, but I'm ~85% sure Automate breaks CJB's Cheat Menu "Fast Processing".

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• yy376

yy376 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, by break, I mean the machines won't use the Fast Processing, but instead use "Vanilla" speeds. I think it's Automate causing it, since I don't have any mods that modify chests or the machines.

EDIT: I found the source of the issue. Apparently "Better Ranching" was causing it.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
                      • chad115

chad115 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i swear i'm more excited for this update to come out then i am christmas lol

• Rubii

Rubii Aquatic Astronaut

are we there yet? :p

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Xuomi likes this.
                          • ElValiente

ElValiente Space Hobo

Does it works with kegs? i mean would it pull it out the wine or fermented items azap or would it let them be until iridum quality?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@ElValiente It'll leave the items until they reach iridium quality, then pull them out.

• chad115

chad115 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

is this the final update, well major update anyways?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@chad115 Nope, there are still a few big releases in the future. This one adds the machine overlay and machine chaining; planned future features include transport pipes, mod integrations (i.e. automate custom machines), and ranching (i.e. automate animals).

DragonDreads and anothersarah like this.
                                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Automate 1.8 beta is now available! (See optional files.)

1.8 adds machine chaining (so chests automate machines which are connected indirectly through other machines), adds an overlay to visualise machine connections, and updates to the latest SMAPI 2.0 features.

DragonDreads likes this.