RELEASED Automate *

Connect machines and chests to automate them.

1. SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

^ I am also in this camp. Right now I'm setting up my machines like so:

(X = Machine, 0 = Chest)

XXX
    X0X
    X X

...but I'd love to be able to have my rows of one chest and ~19 machines chaining off of said one chest again :rofl:

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

Personally the linking via floor types ("pipes") is the most important feature to me; provides more options and can give more aesthetic options by not having to link machines right next to each other; also, with simply machine chaining you can't link entire tapper farms to one chest because trees by default will not fully grow next to each other.

Focean likes this.
      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

The upcoming Automate 1.8 adds machine groups (i.e. chaining), and an overlay you can toggle to see which machines are being automated:

31848365-3f63792c-b5ff-11e7-979b-c7264f8ed921.png
        31848317-d06dbf10-b5fd-11e7-9726-5bec39bf2bf1.png

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

This looks nice! With the 1.8 update, we're one huge step forward on being able to replace Item.Collector (and me being able to play on SMAPI 2.0 :p).

Thanks for your hard work, @Pathoschild!

Ichimatsu likes this.
          • 5usa1

5usa1 Void-Bound Voyager

Can you add a way to change the range of chests in the config i want to make a mega factory with one chest

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Ichimatsu

Ichimatsu Pangalactic Porcupine

I really didn't expect for this feature to be ready this soon. I wish I was as diligent as you irl, lol.

• 5usa1

5usa1 Void-Bound Voyager

Ok wow it looks good when do u think this update will be ready?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@5usa1 The tentative release date is end of next week, though I may post a beta sooner.

• Rubii

Rubii Aquatic Astronaut

super excited for this update. no more having to split up big harvests between multiple machine sets

• Rubii

Rubii Aquatic Astronaut

My quarry is ready.

[​IMG]

tenyson55, Cider and Pathoschild like this.
                      • tenyson55

tenyson55 Yeah, You!

how many?

• MsMeiriona

MsMeiriona Phantasmal Quasar

O_O wow. that must have taken some time. And I thought filling a barn to the brim was time consuming.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Not a bad start. But you're going to need more than that if you want to process everything in the greenhouse. I'd honestly suggest a couple of Sheds instead of this tactic, as you can get far more kegs down in that manner. You can easily get 60 kegs in a single shed, so only about six or eight sheds are necessary to keep your greenhouse going.
                            Not really. Generally, I've got a stand of 30 oak trees down by the end of the first spring. Once you get your taps online, that's 30 oak resin per week. So, for example, it will take two and a half months to get 300 kegs going, and you're at the point where you are beginning to process a significant amount of your greenhouse's output. Which means you can have that done before the end of year 1.

Ultimately, you want 30 peach/pomegranate trees in your greenhouse before doing anything else with it. If you want to be lazy, you just put down 104 either starfruit or ancient fruit. So let's assume you have ancient fruit and go with those numbers:

30 trees produce 1 fruit per day. It takes a week to process a fruit into wine, therefore you need 30*7=210 kegs to keep up with that. If you go ancient fruit, you then need another 104 to keep up with the ancient fruit (since they also produce once a week, so one fruit per keg ratio). That means 314 kegs.

If you are wanting to max out your profits, then you have 30 ancient fruit and 74 hops. Hops also produces daily, but it only takes 2 days to process into pale ale, so that's 148 kegs, plus the 30 for the ancient fruit filler, which is 178 kegs on top of the 210 kegs for a total of 388 kegs. Almost 400.

And that's ONLY for the greenhouse, not taking into consideration what you have growing three seasons out of the year...

• Ramael

Ramael Void-Bound Voyager

Concerning casks, will the chest only remove the aged good at Iridium quality? Never used a cask before, just about to start and I'd like to make sure I'm doing this right. :p

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Ramael Yep, casks will only output when they reach iridium quality.

• Ramael

Ramael Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you. :)

• Rubii

Rubii Aquatic Astronaut

there is > 400 kegs in the quarry, its something like 24x20.\

will do a proper count later to get the exact number

Edit: 579.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
                                      tenyson55 likes this.
                                    • Teneombre

Teneombre Void-Bound Voyager

Hi everyone, I come here because I have a problem with the combination of better crops more seed and Automate. I use the last version of both mod. I saw that they should work fine together so I come here for help ^^ Currently, when I use automate to put crops in seed maker, I will always have the same return (2 crops for gold for exemple). If I put it manualy in the seed maker, I have the normal randomisation + the seed add by the quality. Do I have to change something in the config file ? Am I screwed ?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @Teneombre. Automate does randomise the seed quantity, so it's probably a bug with Better Quality More Seeds' Automate support. Unfortunately I can't check since that mod isn't open-source.