RELEASED Automate *

Connect machines and chests to automate them.

1. Myrhrai

Myrhrai Intergalactic Tourist

Here it is, thanks for the help.

Attached Files:

• huancz

huancz Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is bit unfortunate approach, back when I messed with it I specifically updated CJBAutomation to use first stack it finds that fits some of the recipes. At least for kegs I like that I can give priority to inputs just by reordering them. Is there performance reason or just something you didn't think of?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Myrhrai Thanks! The error is fixed in the next Automate release.

@huancz Mostly that approach was just easier when I first implemented the mod. I don't mind changing the implementation to let players control the queue that way.

• Myrhrai

Awesome, thank you. I was dreading having to restart.

• ErebusKhaos

ErebusKhaos Intergalactic Tourist

Can I do something like 5x5 instead of 3x3?

• alialbarqi

alialbarqi Void-Bound Voyager

Why this mod dosn't work if the machine not side the chest??
              :confused:

• Myrhrai

The machine has to be adjacent to the chest. Think of it as a 3x3 grid. With the chest in the middle any of the 8 adjacent squares can interact with it.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Changed in Automate 1.6: machines will now process items in the order they're found in the connected chests.

This should be fixed in Automate 1.6.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Automate 1.6 is now available!

Release notes:
                    • Rewrote machines so they process items in the order they're found.
                    • Improved performance for players with a large number of machines.
                    • Added AutomationInterval option to configure how often machines are automated.
                    • Added VerboseLogging option to enable more detailed log info.
                    • Fixed rare error when an item was recently removed from a chest.

• Spork890

Spork890 Void-Bound Voyager

The Crystalarium won't pull any gems from chests

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @Spork890. Crystalariums don't really take input (except the initial gem that starts it); once you start the Crystalarium with the gem of your choice, Automate will collect the crystalarium's output into the connected chests for you.

• Spork890

So even if I place an empty Crystalarium down, it's not supposed to take anything from the chest?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Spork890 Nope. I could change that if needed, but letting the player choose which gem to start seemed like the best approach.

• Spork890

Oh alright! Thank you for the speedy responses! Really appreciate the work you do

• chad115

chad115 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

any news on when the pipeline feature aka 2.0 will be available to use?

• sidgautama

sidgautama Orbital Explorer

Since updating to the latest version of the mod (1.6), I'm having an issue where my shed full of preserve jars/chests no longer pulls the finished product out of the jars until I enter the shed. That seems to trigger it to start automating...until the next time. My other two sheds (one with kegs, another with more jars) are working fine.

Any ideas?

Edit -- other two sheds are no longer working fine. Some machines are automating fine, some are not. :(

dcpDarkMatter likes this.
                                  • dcpDarkMatter

dcpDarkMatter Void-Bound Voyager

Having the same issue as sidgautama since the update - have to enter the sheds for the chests to pull the finished product.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

For the next few months, I'll mainly be focused on finishing SMAPI 2.0 and helping update mods for it. Another developer is considering working on transport pipes in the meantime, so you might see progress soon; but otherwise I probably won't work on it until November or December. You can follow the latest discussion and updates in the transport pipes ticket. :)

Can one of you post your save folder to reproduce the issue? One where an item should be collected immediately when you load the save would be ideal.

• dcpDarkMatter

dcpDarkMatter Void-Bound Voyager

Closest I can get is about an hour before the beer in the bottom three sheds are done.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard