RELEASED Automate *

Connect machines and chests to automate them.

1. MiniKarma

MiniKarma Orbital Explorer

Hello @Pathoschild I was wondering if there was a plan at some point to add conditions for automation? Like, you put a machine on the chain and input details like : if iridium allow output shippingbox, else forbit output shippingbox? Or things like that?

Else really, I can't NOT have the mod in my game, it is so useful!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@MiniKarma Yep, that's something I want to support eventually. There's no current timeline for it though since most of my time goes towards maintaining SMAPI, community mods, etc.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Automate 1.14 is now available!

Release notes:
        • Updated for Stardew Valley 1.4, including...
          • new machines (fish pond and wood chipper);
          • new recipes (aged roe, caviar, dinosaur mayonnaise, and green tea);
          • chance of double Loom output with higher quality input;
          • gemstones are no longer pulled from Junimo huts by default (configurable).
        • Fixed auto-grabbers not showing empty sprite when emptied automatically.

• jahangmar

jahangmar Sandwich Man

Is there an easy way for a mod to get notified if a machine receives or outputs a new item? I have a mod that checks if the player made new seeds with the seed maker. This can be done by handling the ButtonPressed event. I made this mod compatible with automate by checking every tick if the seed maker state changed (the item (instance) inside the seed maker changed).
          This works for output items but not for inputs. I don't know how to reliably check which item was put into the seed maker. I know that "Better Quality More Seeds" has a complicated solution for that but this doesn't seem to be reliable (I read the code) because there can be multiple sources for items and this sources can have multiple consumers attached to it.

If there is no easy way to handle such events I could extend the API (if I get your permission) since you stated above that your focus lies elsewhere.

• glyntowen

glyntowen Orbital Explorer

I'm having issues using Brick Floor as a connector, I'm using the optional file and I've added Gravel Path and Brick Floor to it, Gravel Path is working as expected along with Wood Path so I'm fairly confident I have the correct formatting in the config file.

• xEverlee

xEverlee Yeah, You!

Hi! Can you have chests make items go into the sell box? Just asking! ^-^

• Melindee

Melindee Big Damn Hero

You need to have connectors from the chest to the shipping bin and you need to have it enabled but yes. There shoud be an article about how to do this.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@jahangmar Not currently. The issue is that Automate is performance-sensitive; even a small change like raising API events can noticeably impact performance for players. I want to implement some SMAPI changes in the medium term that'd enable events like ChestInventoryChanged and MachineInventoryChanged, but it's a bit complicated to do well with the game design so there's no timeline for it.

@glyntowen Fixed in the upcoming Automate 1.14.1; thanks for reporting it!

@xEverlee @Melindee The shipping bin is already automateable by default. You can link them with connectors like Melindee said, or just place the chest directly next to the bin.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Automate 1.14.1 is now available!

Release notes:
                    • Added rice to automated mills.
                    • Workbenches are now treated as connectors by default (configurable). This doesn't affect players who already have a config.json.
                    • Fixed brick floors not usable as connectors.
                    • Fixed wood chippers not interactable after automation.
                    • Fixed automated kegs using roe.

• glyntowen

glyntowen Orbital Explorer

thanks for the fix

• GXTDelirium

GXTDelirium Void-Bound Voyager

Ehy Boss, I would like to make an automatic money farm, however is there a way to create a filter system?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Ladysarajane likes this.
                        • AngelLawliet

AngelLawliet Void-Bound Voyager

Does this work with preserve jars? xD

Edit: YES IT DOES!!!!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
                          • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

This thread is no longer actively watched. You can ask questions directly on the mod page instead.