RELEASED Automate *

Connect machines and chests to automate them.

1. Lucky Zippo

Lucky Zippo Void-Bound Voyager

Got an error with Automate when I clicked U to show the overlay (a big line of Pine Trees with Tappers at FarmExpansion mod, dropped the chest, hit U to make sure it was all green, got the error). It had worked earlier at the Beach checking new Crab pots as well as in the Shed checking newCrystalariums.

https://log.smapi.io/qWUyfBJV

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Lucky Zippo

Lucky Zippo Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the fix, problem solved.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Automate 1.11.1 is now available!

Release notes:
        • Improved Automate API to simplify custom machines.
        • Fixed error when the game has invalid fish data.
        • Fixed tree tapper automation issue in Automate 1.11.
        • Fixed gates not working as connectors.

• Burasta

Burasta Void-Bound Voyager

Hello!

First off, I'd like to thank @Pathoschild for this amazing mod.

My question is on how to set up other mods with Automate. I'm reading this but I don't know which folders/mods I'm supposed to add these files to. Can anyone tell me how I should set up the csproj in Visual, or give an example file structure?

Apologies if this is a stupid question. My coding experience is limited pretty extensively to PHP (god help me) and editing the code of files in already formed file structures.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Burasta Which mod do you want to add Automate support for?

• Burasta

@Pathoschild I'm looking to add automation with Industrialisation. All my Google-fu didn't bring up anything on either where the files should go or the mod already being integrated with Automate, unfortunately.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Burasta likes this.
              • Burasta

@Pathoschild Oh wow, I'm a ditz. Thanks so much! =D I've found the file and will get it. Thanks again for all your absolutely game.changing mods!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

I'm happy you like them!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Automate 1.12 is now available!

Release notes:
                    • Significantly improved performance for large machine groups.
                    • Added support for disabling input/output for a chest (thanks to kice!).
                    • Machines can now output and input in the same automation cycle.
                    • Fixed compatibility with Auto-Grabber Mod and Better Junimos. If they're installed, seeds in auto-grabbers (Auto-Grabber Mod) or Junimo huts (Better Junimos) will be ignored.
                    • Fixed "don't use this chest for automation" option not taking effect immediately.
                    If you use CFAutomate for Custom Farming Redux, you must install this unofficial update for it. (edit: CFAutomate updated officially now!)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
                      fadedwaif likes this.
                    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Automate 1.13 is now available!

Release notes:
                      • Added compatibility with Auto-Grabber Mod and Better Junimos. If installed, seeds/fertiliser in their machines will be ignored (configurable).
                      • Simplified configuring connectors.
                      • Fixed config parsing errors for some players.
                      • Fixed items with different item qualities being combined into one input stack.
                      Breaking change: if you added connectors to config.json, they'll be removed next time you launch the game. See the readme for the new format, or download the example config.json under optional downloads.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Ahza

Ahza Space Hobo

I cannot uae the floor conectors for some reason pls help

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• JarinArenos

JarinArenos Pangalactic Porcupine

Started building a barn next to my automated machines. Not sure if that's actually the cause of the errors, but that's the only thing I can think of that changed. The error messages seemed to stop when I broke the connection to the under-construction barn. Note, did not start the day that I placed the barn frame, but the next morning, when Robin started working on it.
                          Edit: Backing up my save on the day the problems started, so I can provide the file if needed.
                          Edit2: Okay, the save file is tiny, there's really no reason not to add it.

Attached Files:

• JarinArenos

JarinArenos Pangalactic Porcupine

Found the cause, it's a singular gold-quality coffee bean next to the kegs. Looks like maybe an interaction with Quality Products' compatibility patch. I'll send the error log their way too.
                            Edit: looks like that patch on Sunday already fixed the issue. Alright, then, thank you!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
                            • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Automate 1.13.2 is now available!

Release notes:
                              • Reduced performance impact when a location's objects or terrain features change.
                              • Improved error if data.json file is missing or invalid.
                              • Fixed machines not updated when an automatable building is added or removed.
                              • Fixed negative 'times crafted' value shown for some uncraftable items.

• xEverlee

xEverlee Yeah, You!

Hey @Pathoschild! I absolutely LOVE your mod! But I got a small problem..
                                So this happened yesterday, and all my stuff is updated so yeah, I have my bee hives next to my shipping bin but they wont go in??
                                Please Help! Thanksies! -xEverlee!~~~
                                (Edit i made an account just for this lol)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@xEverlee Glad you like it! Make sure you have a chest connected to the bee hives & shipping bin to enable automation; the bee hives will push their items into the chest, then the shipping bin will collect the chest items.