RELEASED Automate *

Connect machines and chests to automate them.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Gigadroid Most of the 1.3 issues are in multiplayer; single-player seems to be mostly okay. I'd recommend staying with 1.2 for now if all you want is the connectors though. Once you save in 1.3, you can't bring that save back to 1.2.

• SereneAnJel

SereneAnJel Yeah, You!

Gorgeous mod! Streamlines so many menial tasks.

I'm having a really obscure occurrence of the config file resetting every time I launch SMAPI. How do I fix that?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
      • DaniellobatO

DaniellobatO Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Pathoschild, help me with one thing please:

If every 60 ticks in game corresponds to 1 second, and every 14 seconds 10 minutes pass in game, would it work to configure the automate to activate every 840 ticks? (14s = 60x14)?

This way the automate would not require less of my computer and would only act in the moment that the machines finish their processes?
        I can not use automate together with crab pots, the mod tries to check them every 60 ticks by default, it becomes unworkable to fill the crab pots map and automate them. My computer has 4 GB of RAM, which leaves only Stardew Valley open and even then it hangs every 60 ticks ...

I do not believe it is so, but it does imply that the automate checks the crabpots all the time, even though they are machines that only need to be checked once, for fish removal / garbage and bait placement if necessary ...
        If so, would not it be best to set them up to check the crab pots only once or twice? When does the player start a day and end this day for example?
        Sorry if you're talking nonsense ... :nurushock:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
        • natfoth

natfoth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How am I able to control how long to wait until its pulled out of the keg? Can I have it wait until gold or iridium quality?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@DaniellobatO Yep, setting the automation interval to 840 ticks should work. Automate needs to check crabpots more than once per day because other mods can make them finish more often. It shouldn't cause any visible performance issues though. Can you try it again, then send me...

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@natfoth Do you mean casks? That's not currently configurable, automated casks will always age up to iridium quality.

• DaniellobatO

I do not use mods that speed up crab pots. Would it be too laborious to add to the automate a customization to update each type of machine on different ticks? I believe so...

Log:
                https://log.smapi.io/a38ekrWx
                Save:
                https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r3xdA9N7YSdRZX1XQwmHY1m3Qfp72RIN/view?usp=sharing
                Mods folder:
                https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sx-Ydq4lXbskoMGwCjom2Ps0Zjn9TYct/view?usp=sharing

Processor Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @2.60GHz 2.62GHz
                4GB Ram memory
                vĂ­deo AMD Radeon HD 5450

I use 15.5 seconds (Since I set the mod time speed to 999.0 time in doors) for every 10 minutes in the game. I changed the Altomate tick to 465, so it refreshes twice within these 15.5 seconds, relieved the lag problem a lot ... But still, just removing all the crab pots from the map does away with my lag problem ...

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
                • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@DaniellobatO Thanks, I can reproduce it with that save. It'll be a bit complicated to fix (I'll need to extend SMAPI first), so it may not be fixed in the next release. You can watch this ticket for updates until a fix is released. :)

DaniellobatO likes this.
                  • DaniellobatO

Do not hurry, Pathos.
                    Thank you very much for helping me and listening to the community. I am not a programmer, but I believe that if you can customize or configure the update ticks for each machine it would be a good idea. But since you are the developer, you can find a better solution!
                    Hug.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thanks for the suggestion! You'd still have the pause when crabpots update, though that would let you change how often it happens. I have an idea how to prevent the pause from happening at all instead.

DaniellobatO likes this.
                      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

DaniellobatO likes this.
                      • CCaballero

CCaballero Space Hobo

Hi.

Question: I have installed the mod for the 1.3 beta. The mod works fine, but I am trying to set up wood paths as connectors, and when i go into the config file, There is no 'connectors' field like in the readme. I tried creating one but it did not work. I have confirmed both SMAPI and the mod are the most up to date versions. Help?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• andiluxe

andiluxe Phantasmal Quasar

Hilarious! I installed Automate without arranging my chests safely first, logged in, and everything was automatically going into my shipping box from a nearby chest. https://imgur.com/yEivX0v

[​IMG]

tonyfcw and DaniellobatO like this.
                          • CCaballero

CCaballero Space Hobo

Hi.

After clearing and reinstalling the mod, it seems to be working now. Sorry for the trouble.

• nezarn

nezarn Void-Bound Voyager

Latest game update broke Automate (even tho it still loads,but produces errors)

https://log.smapi.io/a4mGEKWA

edit: same with automate-beta7 (I had 6 in the log)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
                              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Yep, Automate broke in today's Stardew Valley 1.3.20 beta update. I'll release an update later today.

kickbackman likes this.
                                • Taladen

Taladen Space Hobo

Hey the mod broke for me today, giving me this:

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #ff3b1e; background-color: #ffffff} span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures}

[Automate] Something went wrong processing machines:

System.InvalidCastException: Can't convert the StardewValley.GameLocation::garbageChecked field from Netcode.NetArray`2[[System.Boolean, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[Netcode.NetBool, StardewValley, Version=1.3.6743.32338, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]] to System.Boolean[].

at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Reflection.ReflectedField`1[TValue].GetValue () <0x117c6fd80 + 0x00138> in <filename unknown>:0

at Pathoschild.Stardew.Automate.Framework.Machines.Tiles.TrashCanMachine..ctor (StardewValley.Locations.Town town, Vector2 tile, Int32 trashCanIndex, IReflectionHelper reflection) <0x180bd9220 + 0x00077> in <filename unknown>:0

at Pathoschild.Stardew.Automate.Framework.MachineFactory.TryGetTileMachine (StardewValley.GameLocation location, Vector2 tile, IReflectionHelper reflection, IMachine& machine, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector2& size) <0x180bd0ef0 + 0x00475> in <filename unknown>:0

at Pathoschild.Stardew.Automate.Framework.MachineFactory.TryGetMachine (StardewValley.GameLocation location, Vector2 tile, IReflectionHelper reflection, IMachine& machine, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector2& size) <0x180bd07d0 + 0x0067e> in <filename unknown>:0

at Pathoschild.Stardew.Automate.Framework.MachineFactory.FloodFillGroup (Pathoschild.Stardew.Automate.Framework.MachineGroupBuilder group, StardewValley.GameLocation location, Vector2 origin, ISet`1 visited, IReflectionHelper reflection) <0x180bcf310 + 0x0017d> in <filename unknown>:0

at Pathoschild.Stardew.Automate.Framework.MachineFactory+<GetMachineGroups>d__3.MoveNext () <0x180bce7e0 + 0x0022a> in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable+WhereEnumerableIterator`1[TSource].MoveNext () <0x111838b30 + 0x00179> in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Buffer`1[TElement]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 source) <0x1114f13d0 + 0x0020d> in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource] (IEnumerable`1 source) <0x1114f12e0 + 0x00058> in <filename unknown>:0

at Pathoschild.Stardew.Automate.ModEntry.ReloadMachinesIn (StardewValley.GameLocation location) <0x180bce0e0 + 0x000b7> in <filename unknown>:0

at Pathoschild.Stardew.Automate.ModEntry.GameEvents_UpdateTick (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) <0x16dcdd2b0 + 0x0014a> in <filename unknown>:0

System.InvalidCastException: Can't convert the StardewValley.Locations.Town::garbageChecked field from Netcode.NetArray`2[[System.Boolean, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[Netcode.NetBool, StardewValley, Version=1.3.6743.32338, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]] to System.Boolean[].

at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Reflection.ReflectedField`1[TValue].GetValue () <0x117c6fd80 + 0x00138> in <filename unknown>:0

at Pathoschild.Stardew.Automate.Framework.Machines.Tiles.TrashCanMachine..ctor (StardewValley.Locations.Town town, Vector2 tile, Int32 trashCanIndex, IReflectionHelper reflection) <0x180bd9220 + 0x00077> in <filename unknown>:0

at Pathoschild.Stardew.Automate.Framework.MachineFactory.TryGetTileMachine (StardewValley.GameLocation location, Vector2 tile, IReflectionHelper reflection, IMachine& machine, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector2& size) <0x180bd0ef0 + 0x00475> in <filename unknown>:0

at Pathoschild.Stardew.Automate.Framework.MachineFactory.TryGetMachine (StardewValley.GameLocation location, Vector2 tile, IReflectionHelper reflection, IMachine& machine, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector2& size) <0x180bd07d0 + 0x0067e> in <filename unknown>:0

at Pathoschild.Stardew.Automate.Framework.MachineFactory.FloodFillGroup (Pathoschild.Stardew.Automate.Framework.MachineGroupBuilder group, StardewValley.GameLocation location, Vector2 origin, ISet`1 visited, IReflectionHelper reflection) <0x180bcf310 + 0x0017d> in <filename unknown>:0

at Pathoschild.Stardew.Automate.Framework.MachineFactory+<GetMachineGroups>d__3.MoveNext () <0x180bce7e0 + 0x0022a> in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable+WhereEnumerableIterator`1[TSource].MoveNext () <0x111838b30 + 0x00179> in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Buffer`1[TElement]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 source) <0x1114f13d0 + 0x0020d> in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource] (IEnumerable`1 source) <0x1114f12e0 + 0x00058> in <filename unknown>:0

at Pathoschild.Stardew.Automate.ModEntry.ReloadMachinesIn (StardewValley.GameLocation location) <0x180bce0e0 + 0x000b7> in <filename unknown>:0

at Pathoschild.Stardew.Automate.ModEntry.GameEvents_UpdateTick (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) <0x16dcdd2b0 + 0x0014a> in <filename unknown>:0

System.InvalidCastException: Can't convert the StardewValley.Locations.Town::garbageChecked field from Netcode.NetArray`2[[System.Boolean, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[Netcode.NetBool, StardewValley, Version=1.3.6743.32338, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]] to System.Boolean[].

I'm on a mac, have these mods:

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff} span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures}

[SMAPI] Loaded 9 mods:

[SMAPI] AutoGate 1.0 1.1 by Teban100 or Eroticremix (pick your poison) | Makes passing through gates automatic

[SMAPI] Automate 1.10-beta.7 by Pathoschild | Lets you automate crafting machines, fruit trees, and more by connecting them to chests.

[SMAPI] CJB Show Item Sell Price 1.9-beta by CJ Bok | Show item sell price in your inventory!

[SMAPI] Convenient Chests 1.0 by aEnigma | Makes your life easier: Allows crafting from and auto-stashing to nearby chests.

[SMAPI] Friends Forever 1.2-beta by Isaac S. | Makes it so friendship levels never decay!

[SMAPI] Happy Birthday 1.6 by Alpha_Omegasis | Adds the farmer's birthday to the game.

[SMAPI] LookupAnything 1.19-beta.7 by Pathoschild | View metadata about anything by pressing a button.

[SMAPI] Save Backup 2.6-beta.16 by SMAPI | Automatically backs up all your saves once per day into its folder.

[SMAPI] UI Info Suite 1.7.10 by Cdaragorn | Adds a lot of useful information to the user interface. This is based on Demiacle's excellent UIModSuite.

It worked fine up till just today and it randomly died. Have latest mod version and smapi version. Any help?

• kickbackman

kickbackman Intergalactic Tourist

the post above yours says that the mod author is aware and will try to release an update today :)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard