RELEASED Automate *

Connect machines and chests to automate them.

1. 1ird

1ird Intergalactic Tourist

Okay, I had some casks that were done producing (I had moved my chest away from them). I removed all mods except for automate. I placed a chest next to them and as soon as I placed it, all the items in the casks were removed.

I have them placed outside and not in the cellar, if that makes a difference. I don't have the cellar unlocked yet to test if it works down there.

edit: I just checked to make sure and I have version 1.9 of Automate.

edit2: I have left wine in the casks (outside, not in cellar) a whole season and their quality has not changed. I'm not sure if the graphic on the cask changes or not though since I've never aged wine before now. It's Spring 1 now and they have been in there since sometime in the end (> 20) fall. Perhaps wine outside of the cellar isn't aging at all?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• 1ird

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@1ird Oh, I see the confusion. Those are kegs, which turn fruit/veggies into drinks; casks are a separate machine which improve the item quality. If you connect some casks to the same chest, Automate will take the drinks out of the kegs and fill the casks automatically.

• 1ird

Yep, I feel dumb now. I had never had the cellar before. I didn't realize they were two different things until now. Sorry for the confusion.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Automate 1.9.1 is now available!

Release notes:
          • Updated to SMAPI 2.4.
          • Fixed bee houses in custom locations not using nearby flowers.
          • Fixed Jodi's trash can not being automated.
          • Fixed crab pots not updating sprite when baited automatically.

1ird and DragonDreads like this.
          • argella1300

argella1300 Void-Bound Voyager

Hey quick question: I know it says on the mod page that it can go in any direction, but how big is the max area of effect of this mod? Also what's the maximum amount of machines you can put in a group? Thanks!

• DragonDreads

DragonDreads Phantasmal Quasar

I don't think there's a number. Here's two of my screenshots before I added more casks. If I wanted to I could have connected all of those rooms to only 1 chest.

[​IMG]
              [​IMG]

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

The most I've tested is 630 machines connected to one chest, but there's no real limit. Automate should scale to any setup you could fit into the game area.

• kadiedawn

kadiedawn Void-Bound Voyager

Alright, I'm having a slight problem. My finished products are disappearing. It's happening with my animal product machines, my furnaces and my fruit trees. The only one that is working correctly is my worm bin/crab pot setup. Is anyone else having this problem?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@kadiedawn Does it happen if you remove other mods temporarily? Also, make sure they're not connected to your shipping bin.

• kadiedawn

kadiedawn Void-Bound Voyager

I'll grab some screenshots of my layout but my trees aren't connected to anything but the chests. Let me try removing mods. <3

• Landwatch

Landwatch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wonderful mod!

HOWEVER! Check the location of your chests before you install it!

I lost my entire grange display and my artifacts to the shipping bin... I had a super cucumber in there. ): I'm just glad it saved my crimsonfish. This is a good mod to pair with the item spawner for... what I think are now obvious reasons.

• bararaqsigh

bararaqsigh Void-Bound Voyager

I super love this mod! Do you have any idea how long it'll be until you can add custom machines to automation, if ever? No pressure, I'm just curious.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@bararaqsigh That's my next goal after transport pipes, but unfortunately there's no timeline. It depends on how much time SMAPI and my other mods need, and SMAPI generally comes first. With Stardew Valley 1.3 around the corner, I've mostly paused any new development to focus on SMAPI and the transition for mods. :)

• bararaqsigh

bararaqsigh Void-Bound Voyager

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• DaniellobatO

DaniellobatO Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[QUOTE = "bararaqsigh, post: 3264402, membro: 621335"] Eu super amo esse mod! Você tem alguma idéia de quanto tempo vai demorar até que você possa adicionar máquinas personalizadas à automação, se alguma vez? Sem pressão, estou apenas curioso. [/ QUOTE]

Estou usando recicladores como canos, eles usam material básico, mas tornam o mod mais "realista" até que Pathoschild implemente os canos.[​IMG]

• FloorTank

FloorTank Void-Bound Voyager

i got a problem with the latest beta version me and my friend tried this with the coop but once we end the day both of our mouses stop responding in game this is the only mod we have installed atm.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@FloorTank That seems to be a bug in SMAPI; I'll take a look in the next SMAPI beta build. Sorry about that!