RELEASED Automate *

Connect machines and chests to automate them.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Automate 1.8 is now available!

This is a big release which...
    • Adds machine chaining. Chests now automate any number of machines (placed next to the chest or a connected machine). There's no limit to the number of machines you can connect:
      scaling-up.png
    • Adds chest pooling. Connect multiple chests to the same machines, and the machines will pull and push to all of them. Especially useful for huge factories which fill up your chests.
    • Adds an overlay to visualise machine connections (press U by default):
      iridium-mead-factory.png
    • And a few smaller improvements (see release notes).
    Feedback, bug reports, and suggestions are welcome here!

• DragonDreads

DragonDreads Phantasmal Quasar

I am so happy for the machine chaining. It was something I missed badly. Thank you so much. I need to add more casks, lol.

Attached Files:

Pathoschild likes this.
      • nicoseptian

nicoseptian Void-Bound Voyager

Here are the files

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@nicoseptian Which issue was that for? I don't see another post from your account. :)

Edit: continued from a Nexus thread, found it. I'll take a look soon!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
          • julianorc

julianorc Big Damn Hero

I'm found what it's more a inconvenience than a bug, after 1.8 final version when I click on a chest name on the top left, it's like if the click transpass and transfer the item to inventory.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@julianorc Do you have the latest SMAPI 2.2? There's an issue in SMAPI 2.0–2.1 that may cause that.

julianorc likes this.
              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@nicoseptian Fixed in the next Automate release. For now, making sure your chests don't have the same name as a machine will avoid the issue.

• Basil_oz

Basil_oz Void-Bound Voyager

LOL, yes I found out the name changing issue a little earlier: I called a chest linked to preserve jars "hopper" to describe its purpose; next thing I look and it turned into a hopper! It actually tickled my funny bone. I never tried it, but I wondered if I called a chest "chrystalarium" whether I'd get some great money producing machines for 50 wood each! lol

• Ichimatsu

Ichimatsu Pangalactic Porcupine

And now that machine chaining has been released I have no time to play Stardew, lol. Well, such is life :catcry:

• sugoitanoshii

sugoitanoshii Space Hobo

When I use automate to make juice/wine/jelly/pickles in keg or preserves jar, the product's name does not have a prefix like "blueberry jelly" or "blueberry wine" but simply "jelly" and "wine". I̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶y̶p̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶r̶a̶w̶ ̶m̶a̶t̶e̶r̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶s̶t̶,̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶b̶l̶u̶e̶b̶e̶r̶r̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶l̶e̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶d̶u̶c̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶t̶i̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶n̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶(̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶j̶e̶l̶l̶y̶,̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶e̶t̶c̶.̶,̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶j̶e̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶l̶u̶e̶b̶e̶r̶r̶y̶ ̶j̶e̶l̶l̶y̶)̶.̶

Edit: My bad, they do differentiate, they just have the same name.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
                      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@sugoitanoshii I can't reproduce this:
                        upload_2017-12-28_15-40-22.png

Are you playing in English or another language?

• sugoitanoshii

sugoitanoshii Space Hobo

Yeah I'm not playing in English, I play in Chinese.

• Nova25

Nova25 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I remember fondly, and with sadness, the INCREDIBLE usefulness of being able to ''connect'' chests with machines, using (wooden)paths in 'FarmAutomation.ItemCollector' mod...

Any hope of this ever being a feature in this mod too ? That feature was just so good and great...

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

@Nova25 They are working on a pipe system but it won't be available for a little while.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@sugoitanoshii Fixed in the upcoming Automate 1.9. Thanks for reporting it!

@Nova25 You can connect any number of machines to a chest: put a chest/machine next to one that's already connected to connect it too. You can press U (configurable) to visualise connected machines. Longer term, the planned transport pipes feature will let you connect machines without requiring an unbroken chain.

• dawnplechaty

dawnplechaty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

not sure if this is automate or custom farming but sending it to both of you hopefully can fix between yous,

[23:00:09 ERROR Automate] Something went wrong processing machines:
                                  System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+.
                                  at System.Drawing.Image.Save(Stream stream, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams)
                                  at System.Drawing.Image.Save(Stream stream, ImageFormat format)
                                  at CustomFarming.simpleMachine.Bitmap2Texture(Bitmap bmp) in C:\Users\David\Documents\GitHub\Stardew-Valley-Mods\CustomFarming\simpleMachine.cs:line 492
                                  at CustomFarming.simpleMachine.build(String modFolder, String filename) in C:\Users\David\Documents\GitHub\Stardew-Valley-Mods\CustomFarming\simpleMachine.cs:line 269
                                  at CustomFarming.simpleMachine..ctor(String modFolder, String filename) in C:\Users\David\Documents\GitHub\Stardew-Valley-Mods\CustomFarming\simpleMachine.cs:line 460
                                  at CustomFarming.simpleMachine.getOne() in C:\Users\David\Documents\GitHub\Stardew-Valley-Mods\CustomFarming\simpleMachine.cs:line 1040
                                  at Pathoschild.Stardew.Automate.Framework.TrackedItem..ctor(Item item, Action`1 onReduced, Action`1 onEmpty) in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\Automate\Framework\TrackedItem.cs:line 46
                                  at Pathoschild.Stardew.Automate.Framework.Storage.ChestContainer.GetTrackedItem(Item item) in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\Automate\Framework\Storage\ChestContainer.cs:line 125
                                  at Pathoschild.Stardew.Automate.Framework.Storage.ChestContainer.<GetEnumerator>d__4.MoveNext() in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\Automate\Framework\Storage\ChestContainer.cs:line 86
                                  at Pathoschild.Stardew.Automate.Framework.StorageManager.<GetItems>d__2.MoveNext() in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\Automate\Framework\StorageManager.cs:line 35
                                  at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
                                  at System.Linq.Enumerable.<TakeWhileIterator>d__27`1.MoveNext()
                                  at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
                                  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
                                  at Pathoschild.Stardew.Automate.Framework.StorageManager.TryGetIngredient(Func`2 predicate, Int32 count, IConsumable& consumable) in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\Automate\Framework\StorageManager.cs:line 51
                                  at Pathoschild.Stardew.Automate.Framework.Machines.Objects.SeedMakerMachine.SetInput(IStorage input) in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\Automate\Framework\Machines\Objects\SeedMakerMachine.cs:line 34
                                  at Pathoschild.Stardew.Automate.Framework.MachineGroup.Automate() in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\Automate\Framework\MachineGroup.cs:line 54
                                  at Pathoschild.Stardew.Automate.AutomateMod.GameEvents_UpdateTick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\Automate\AutomateMod.cs:line 153

no chests were next to machines from custom farmings extra machine add on so not sure how they would crash also error went on quite a bit im thinking for all machines i had out about 10 of them and there was lag until crash happened, crash did not close sdv just had a warning across bottom of creen like when you collect something. anyway hope you can help thanks.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• dawnplechaty

dawnplechaty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

have posted it on https://log.smapi.io/cckqwxgu i do have an automate problem though,
                                    i have got 6 crystalariums next to 2 chests with cjbcheats fast production turned on and they seem to make my game very laggy which then causes the crash but it only happens with the crystalarium everything else on fast runs fine turned fast off and it still lags any suggestions for me?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@dawnplechaty You have a few issues in that log. Here's how to fix them:
                                      • Delete Mods\assets, Mods\Content, and Mods\Mods. Those aren't SMAPI mods or aren't installed correctly. You may need to reinstall whichever mods those are from.
                                      • Advanced Location Loader is installed with no location sub-mods. I suggest removing it if you don't need it, since it's complex and can cause issues.
                                      • Animal Sitter and Crab Net are both missing files; I suggest reinstalling them. (If you're using a third-party unzip tool, consider using the built-in Windows tool or 7-zip instead. A few unzip tools seem to ignore some files.)
                                      • Custom Farming is failing repeatedly when Automate accesses machines, which is probably causing the lag and crash. Consider removing that mod until the author can fix it.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Automate 1.9 is now available!

Changes:
                                        • Updated to SMAPI 2.3.
                                        • Added a predictable order for chests receiving machine output.
                                          (Items are now pushed into chests with 'output' in the name first, then chests that already have that item type, then any other connected chest.)
                                        • Fixed chests with certain names being treated as machines.
                                        • Fixed large machines not connecting to adjacent machines/chests in some cases.
                                        • Fixed some item prefixes disappearing when not playing in English (e.g. blueberry wine → wine).

HopeWasHere likes this.