RELEASED Automate *

Connect machines and chests to automate them.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Automate lets you place a chest next to a machine (like a furnace or crystalarium), and the machine will pull raw items from the chest and push processed items into it. Connect multiple machines with a chest to create factories.

See the Nexus page for details and examples.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
      Vidu likes this.
    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• fengfeng1992

fengfeng1992 Void-Bound Voyager

:护士::nurutease::护士:

• springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

Finally got around to downloading this mod. Congrats on getting it featured on the Nexus! :)

Pathoschild likes this.
        • chromaticsimulator

chromaticsimulator Intergalactic Tourist

The bait/worm bin/crab pot example setup as shown on the nexus mods page doesn't seem to be working as expected. All other machines fill themselves immediately after placement, but when I placed a chest with bait next to a crab pot, it didn't pull bait immediately. Does this have something to do with how crab pots work (once a day vs. a specific number of hours) or is it a bug?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @chromaticsimulator. Sorry, somehow I missed your message earlier.

Crab pots should pull bait at the same time as other machines. It's possible they already have bait, or you have the Luremaster skill so they don't need it. Feel free to post your save file with the setup you describe and I'll take a look.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Automate 1.2 beta is now available (attached). This release...
              • Adds the internal framework for the upcoming transport pipes feature.
              • Adds support for hay hoppers and silos.
              • Fixes mills not accepting input if all their slots are taken, even if some slots aren't full.
              The first one is a big change, so I'll leave the beta here for a bit to make sure it doesn't cause any unexpected issues. :)

[Edit: download removed; see the latest version instead.]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
              • Alaswing

Alaswing Scruffy Nerf-Herder

hi, first of all, thanks for this awesome mod, im having an issue with the seed maker, it does not work automatically, im getting some errors in the console but the only problem is that they are in spanish, cause its my languaje so my pc is in spanish, i hope you can help me figure out what is the problem. thanks :)

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @Alaswing. Thanks for reporting that; it's fixed in the upcoming Automate 1.2 release. (You have another mod which adds multiple seeds producing the same crop, which Automate didn't handle well.)

Alaswing likes this.
                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Automate 1.2 is now available! This release...
                    • Adds the internal framework for the upcoming transport pipes feature.
                    • Adds support for hay hoppers and silos.
                    • Fixes mills not accepting input if all their slots are taken, even if some slots aren't full.
                    • Fixed seedmakers failing when another mod adds multiple seeds which produce the same crop.
                    Feel free to post comments, suggestions, or bugs here. :)

fengfeng1992 and Alaswing like this.
                    • jinian

jinian Void-Bound Voyager

This mod is wonderful, thanks so much! Really excited about transport pipes.

Pathoschild likes this.
                      • Alaswing

Alaswing Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks Pathos this is an awesome mod.

Pathoschild likes this.
                        • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• mst3kharris

mst3kharris Void-Bound Voyager

This mod is amazing. I was getting super annoyed with having to hang around the farm all day patiently feeding, say, wood into my charcoal burner. Now I don't have to. Producing artisan goods is much less tiresome! Thanks :D

Pathoschild likes this.
                          • jinian

jinian Void-Bound Voyager

Yay loom fix!

• copperhamster

copperhamster Void-Bound Voyager

Version 1.2.1 for SMAPI 1.9/Stardew 1.11
                              Bug report: On rare occasions, under circumstances I'm not 100% sure about, it fails to extract finished items from machines. It will affect that machine and the item will stay ready for pickup until you fetch it, at which point automate resumes working normally.
                              One save of mine has a particularly loaded out setup (three barns with chests of fruit and casks) and I'll see the break affect 10-20% of the things finishing in that 'tick'.
                              I only see it when I'm doing a lot of jumping in and out of the automation loaded map. The bug doesn't seem to trigger if I'm around or off map when it needs to cycle. Maybe some form of race condition centered around changing maps as the time ticks?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@copperhamster: the mod will automate machines every 10 in-game minutes. If something gets missed for some reason, it should update on the next clock change. If that doesn't happen, can you see if there's any pattern to the problem? Does it always happen to specific machine types, or with certain items, or even specific machines in your save? When it happens, are there any errors in the SMAPI console?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Belosoul

Belosoul Space Hobo

I have a problem where the Furnace is taking Ore from the chest and creating the bars or the quartz but then the item just disappears and doesn't go into the chest. The mod, smapi, and game are all up to date.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard