1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Autich 1.0

Cars for the discerning alien

1. FooFooFoo

FooFooFoo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

FooFooFoo submitted a new mod:

Autich - Cars for the discerning alien

Read more about this mod...

2. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

when a delorean and a ferrari get jiggy...

looks cool

3. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Aww dangit, now the brand name I wanted is already in use.

4. FooFooFoo

Whoops, sorry?

5. FooFooFoo

FooFooFoo updated Autich with a new update entry:

Kukuruz Model

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. Nightmaster

Nightmaster Pangalactic Porcupine

Just a question: Do these cars actually fly or they simple follow the terrain like in the spoiler movies CF have released? I am curious about that.

7. FooFooFoo

They act the same as hoverbikes, with some minor adjustments. Flight requires a different lua file which I don't know how to write, so I'm piggybacking my cars on the hoverbike lua file.

8. FooFooFoo

Dealership & Deva Pickup

9. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

I like this mod. My only quarries with it are that the Rawr and Deva have lots of trouble going up small hills. I'm talking 2 block-wide hills. _ _ - - = = Now that i think about it, the Deva also has issues with it's hitbox or... maybe it's something else. When I try to climb up an easy ledge, it just... doesn't grab, like the Rawr does. It also doesn't jump if the nose is as far upwards as it goes. I dunno, maybe it's where the hitbox is or where the booster flames are, under the car.
    [​IMG] Lol. Almost got stuck, here. :p
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  10. FooFooFoo

This is about the hover distance, If I make the hover distance too high they won't jump at all, If I make it too low they can't drive up inclines. I don't think the deva's bounding box is wrong. I'll try testing with a slightly higher hover distance, one that still allows jumping, for both cars.

Thanks for testing and driving! =)

Dragon_Tom005 likes this.
  11. Dragon_Tom005

Hover distance..? Cool. That sounds like something that could really turn this mod in a great direction. If only hover distance didn't affect the ability to jump, though.

12. FooFooFoo

I changed 5 or so parameters, it wasn't just the hover distance. Also fixed jumping, it should work at max angle, all the cars are now hella fast, for reasons... I tested at 2x2 slope like in your first pic and all cars work on it now, a bit sluggish but they go better than before, 1x1 slope is no go for rawr and kukuruz but deva model managed (barely). I also drove across an entire barren planet to test the updated cars and they handled well enough, less stuckishness all across the board.
    Hopefully the cars will be a bit better balanced, given the price I set for them.
    I'll update the mod a bit later,tonight or tomorrow, I want to finish the new model first so I don't update every other hour. ^_^

13. Dragon_Tom005

:cry::rainbowbarf: words cannot describe the feels...

14. FooFooFoo

Meow Model, hover higher brah

15. Dragon_Tom005

Out of my own personal preference, I like the Rawr, the most. I didn't know there was two other kinds of cars, though. I'll have to check them out.

Edit: One of these cars has THREE seats?!?! Awesome! This sparks my interest in seeing a Hellcat cruiser become another mod, for the game.

FooFooFoo likes this.
  16. Dragon_Tom005

17. FooFooFoo

Hmm it says video unavailable for me.

18. FooFooFoo

Still can't see it >.<

19. PufferPig

PufferPig Subatomic Cosmonaut

hey foofoofoo could you delete the comment you made on my rating so I can re-rate the mod. now that I have figured it out, it needs a higher rating.

20. FooFooFoo

It's gone. Thanks in advance for the higher rating.