Augmenting Xenon/Halogen packs

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by sniper_bg, Aug 13, 2016.

1. sniper_bg

sniper_bg Aquatic Astronaut

If a player could augment a Xenon/Halogen pack with the regular augments it would allow you to have lots of light and also have a, let's say a damage boost.

Also, if there could be a few new augments, such as, an EPP augment (one for the normal, radiation, heating, and cooling). They can be made to keep up with your EPP upgrades.

The game experience of upgrading your EPP, armor, and the threat level of mobs is cool, but the amount of augments you can have in your EPP never changes. If the first two EPP's had a one slot augment and the other two (heating and cooling) had two augment slots that would be pretty cool (also the Halogen pack would have one slot while the xenon pack has two).

Axe Garian likes this.
  2. Plasmataz

Plasmataz Subatomic Cosmonaut

EPP fusion would also be lovely. Maybe some kind of an endgame station where you can take 2 or 3 augments and for a high pixel cost "combine" them into one with all the effects? That or having some kind of item that you could add to an EPP to expand the amount of slots available.

Axe Garian likes this.
  3. sniper_bg

Yes, that is a brilliant idea

Axe Garian likes this.
  4. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Fully agreed with this. The need for the EPP on the high tier planets makes the Halogen & Xenon Packs kinda useless. :( (Yes there's Light Augments for the EPP, but they don't exactly grow on Trees & what if we'd rather use some other Augment, like Damage 3, instead?)

Nos37 likes this.
  5. Nos37

Nos37 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Exactly! There are far better augments for the EPP, and I agree that Lantern Sticks, Halogen, and Xenon Packs become useless quite quickly. (I only use the Lantern Stick until I reach radiated planets. Then I only use EPP. I have no reason to craft the Halogen and Xenon Packs after that point, personally.)

I think that darkness should be considered an environmental hazard, same as temperature and radiation levels. The Lantern Stick, Halogen Pack, and Xenon Pack should add the three corresponding light levels to the Enviro Protection Pack to aid against this hazard.

The three Light Augments for the EPP should be removed. Crafting the lantern or light packs should give the player an augment-like item instead of a new back piece. Right-clicking the EPP with these items should add the light effects to it.

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Also, is it just me, or is it no longer possible to use a Hotkey to switch a Slot Equipment & Vanity Slot contents between each other anymore? This even makes it much less effective to try something like making 2 Top Tier EPPs with 2 different Augments & switch between them as you're on the Planet, as you can't switch between them without such a function without getting hit by the Planet Effect during the Switch. :(

7. sniper_bg

Maybe also make the EPP augments have to recharge in an oxygen rich atmosphere, just to make sure the EPPs don't become useless and allows the different packs to get some more use.

8. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

[​IMG]

Seriously, some of us Colonized High Tier Planets... why would you seriously wanna kill our fun in this!!? :wtf:

9. sniper_bg

I have another post about an oxygen/temp stabilization mechanic, on the high tier planets just use that, if it gets added. Also, for stabilization reasons the EPPs would become useless otherwise.

10. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Alternate idea: Maybe it could become a Top Tier Tech to just be able to craft the Top Tier EPP & Top Tier Light Pack together into the ultimate Backpack & the Light Augment could be changed to boost the strength of Light Emission Strength of the Light Emitting your Backpack is able to Output rather then adding Light to the Backpack it lacked previously?

11. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

That is kinda what flashlights and torches are for. The inspect mode on the MM acts as a flashlight too.

Yes, the light backpacks are indeed kinda useless since there are only a few planets where an EPP isn't necessary, you are basically required to wear an EPP.

Axe Garian likes this.
  12. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

& none of the other NPCs are... it can feel so much like a big case of The Computer is a Cheating Bastard. :(

When our Elemental Protection came from a Nanofield like power it made a lot more sense & made Backpacks a LOT more free. Plus it made NPCs feel fair too, cause thinking of them using their own Nanofield Tech to handle Elements just like ya was easy & made sense... but their handling Elements with their blatant lack of EPP on their backs... :facepalm: