Modding Help Augment Modding Help

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by bmarquis, Aug 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. bmarquis

bmarquis Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello, all!

I was wondering if the Augmentable items can even be modded to have multiple Augment slots. While trying to do so on the EPPs, I've noticed an Parameter named currentAugment, which is not in any JSON file. Trying to change it to a different name gives the EPP no functionality. I am thinking that I might have to make new items from scratch.

Any help will be welcomed. Thank you all!

2. AppleBot

AppleBot Yeah, You!

Well currentAugment is a local variable.
    [​IMG]
    I've put this together to help you see if you could gain anything from this, but I'm sure you already figured this much out :cry::cry:

3. bmarquis

Thank you for replying. I was more referring to the statement on line 15:
    [​IMG]
    On the activeitem.md documentation, it says

So I believe that the active item, being in this case the item that will be augmented, will set the instance value "currentAugment" to the JSON value given by augmentConfig. The "currentAugment" string on line 15, I believe, is not the local variable on Line 8. Am I incorrect?

4. AppleBot

AppleBot Yeah, You!

I think it is the local variable.
    Is there a reason why you think otherwise?
    :nuruconfused:
    Isn't line 15 just saying that if the item acceptsAugmentType and assuming that the name of augmentConfig and currentAugment are different, replace currentAugment with the augmentConfig?

5. bmarquis

slightly true. it is saying that if currentAugment exists, then if augmentConfig and currentAugment are the same, return, even still, set the JSON value "currentAugment" with augmentConfig.

The script checks the Item's JSON for the Parameter "currentAugment". if the JSON file does not have this parameter set, then it skips to 15, where it creates the Parameter for you. Think of it as:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016