Modding Help Attaching weapon abilities

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Zhixx, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Zhixx

Zhixx Space Hobo

Hi all. I'm still very new to coding and decided to tackle a small modding project to expand what i know and attempt to self educate myself a bit more.
    I wanting to change a weapon to use one of the abilities listed in the directory. Though I am having a hard time trying to fit the code in to make it actually work. Where to place and what to type. I have looked into it for help across the forums already, though what I found was rather old and didn't help.
    The weapon works as an automatic so I am confident the code is solid but I am wanting to turn it into a burstshot weapon.
    I am sure there is a simple fix, I am just not familiar enough with it all yet to work it out myself. If someone can offer up any advice, it would be appreciated. :D
    Thank you

2. Zaakari

Zaakari Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm fairly new to weapon modding, myself, but I just spent a bunch of time getting an out-of-date weapon to work. So I might be able to help you out.
    Have you tried changing the value of the "primaryAbilityType" in the weapon's ".activeItem" file to "burstshot"?

If you all ready tried that, then could you put your weapon's ".activeitem" file into a zip folder, and attach it to your post? Then we could take a look at what you have done so far.