Modding Help Assets error in a mod that seems to work well

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by davoker, Mar 12, 2023.

Tags:
  1. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

Hi, The error:

Code:
    [Error] Could not load image asset '/weapons/sniperrifle/default', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/weapons/sniperrifle/default'
    This is caused by a weapon mod, but as much as I look in the files I don't see anything missing, I think something is missing in the animation files maybe? not sure, in the game everything is fine, the weapons work as expected and look correct.

I could ignore the error because everything works, but I would prefer to know what causes the error and fix it, this error is repeated with many weapons in the mod, but they all work fine and as I said before, they all look good too, so I don't understand what causes the error.

Thanks!

2. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

You know, months later it's still happening to me, and I still can't figure out what's causing it (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

3. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

Man, I just discovered this, and it was causing me trouble in a mod, with invisible weapons and everything.

It seems the game doesn't handle it well when the folder names for 'weapon parts' are different. If you put 'middle2,' problems arise. If you put 'middle,' everything's fine. Obviously, I also reflected that change in the weapon file; everything was correct, but with 'middle,' it works, and with 'middle2,' the weapon is invisible (it works, but it's invisible) and throws errors in the log.

The only thing I can assume is that the game doesn't handle the folder name change for weapon parts well; I can't think of anything else. Anyway, there are no more errors in the mod now, after months, I tell you xD