1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Asphalt using Tar assets

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Dander.1981, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Dander.1981

Dander.1981 Subatomic Cosmonaut

When landing on asphalt the game renders that splash animation and noise you get when landing on tar. And not only that .. though not sure .. am I moving slower when walking on asphalt? It feels like it. Could be a case of me expecting to move faster when running on asphalt.

In any case, asphalt is currently just tar that takes slightly longer time to "mine".

Iris Blanche likes this.
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

I can confirm this ^-^

~ Iris ~

3. Dander.1981

Dander.1981 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Had a look in the asphalt.material to see if I could fix this myself for the time being, and found the truth of this error.

Since I play an Apex character, I did not see this ingame.
    • The thing is; who ever implemented this maybe thought that players would want some kind of Bitumen (aka asphalt) construction material instead of Pavement (also commonly known as asphalt).
    • Now the second thing is; This means that the Asphalt block works as the implementer intended and thus not an oversight issue. And more of a "I as a player disagree with the dev implementation" case. Thus maybe a moderator would be so kind to move this thread to [Suggestions/Blocks and Crafting]?
    To the asphalt block implementer: If I as a player need a sticky surface for a construction, I'll use the tar block. Let me have pavement. Ok? Thanks!