Asgarden

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by M_Sipher, Nov 5, 2014.

1. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

All unmodded singleplayer. Mind you, it took some playing with the fact that all your characters share the universe to get the flags and spawners for each race...

2. Albussystems

Albussystems Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah i made 1 Char with each race too and they all live together on 1 World^^

You made me make a photomerge of my World, i try to upload it somehow today... I get an error each time - maybe my pic is too big xD

Again looks nice^^

3. Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

I love the way you did those branches. I've been working on a giant tree/house and I couldn't get the branches right. I think I just found my new model for branch design

4. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

All I did was just hold Shift and drag the mouse out in demi-random strokes, tossing a few extra branches here and there. Foliage is Shift and loops. Alternate between foreground and background blocks for variety and depth!

TheFloranChef and Will Liferider like this.
  5. Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

Thanks for the advice. I tend to like to plan things out mathematically, so getting a natural look is hard for me sometimes

6. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

I will say that when I start over with Asgarden 2.0 following the universe reboot (a likely possibility), one thing that will change is the underground.

Same basic idea of large rooms deep in the dirt, but the connecting hallways will have a more natural look, with big tree roots and the like winding around/through. It will overall be less compact and grid-like, with more dirt between the rooms for expansion purposes if needed. (The current layout came from repurposing small rooms built with no plan.)

Odds are the main tree will also get bigger; a slightly wider trunk that extends higher, with some side-huts and growths towards the top half.

7. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

upload_2014-11-16_2-16-32.png

So what's going on here...?

rhomboid likes this.
  8. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

9. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

upload_2014-11-17_18-22-48.png

Hmmmmmmm.

TheFloranChef, Uzkniso and rhomboid like this.
  10. rhomboid

i like that you've used an egg chair as a satellite dish o3o

11. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

upload_2014-11-17_21-18-48.png

(Man, placing heat sources that aren't just open flames all over the place... tricky. All them nanostoves are gonna have to go soon.)

Jonesy, Uzkniso and rhomboid like this.
  12. rhomboid

so is it a cyberpunk sky castle?

13. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Well, since a new update seems to be nigh that will likely obliterate the worlds, might as well show off the full thing...

solprog-01s.png

Yes, I'm attempting to create the Satellite of Love from Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Jonesy, Kirumaru, Breakout and 2 others like this.
  14. rhomboid

teehee, it's quite phallic.
    Looks incredible so far, though!

15. Warped Perspectiv

Warped Perspectiv Pangalactic Porcupine

Wait, you can come across your other characters at the same world? Do they just stand there or do they run around as NPC's?

16. Albussystems

No, sadly i can play only as 1 char...^^ Funny idea though to make npc's looking like my other chars!

On the list, thx :D

17. Warped Perspectiv

Warped Perspectiv Pangalactic Porcupine

I mean, can you run into the other characters just standing there?

18. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

No, sadly. It'd be nice though, could outfit them in some of the Vanity Armors... have guards worth a damn...

19. Albussystems

@Warped Perspectiv no mate, never had that and never could see any other character than the one i chose to play with.

I even deleted (killed...) all vanilla npcs i placed on my world, because half of them vanished after some time anyway^^

I hope that answered your quiestion :D

(just to be sure: in my first post i just ment that i created a character from each race and geared each of them up completely, as well as flew each of them to my "Main" Homeworld "Albussystems"^^ so they "could" live there together..... (RP) :D

20. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

@M_Sipher : You, sir, are the undisputed king of re-purposing objects. Those shower-heads and chess pieces just look so natural on your space station!