Story Ascension on the Frozen Ocean

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Jimmy Cool, Mar 16, 2017.

?

Did you enjoy the story?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, leave reason in reply

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jimmy Cool

Jimmy Cool Title Not Found

Whoa, babby. I am alive! I just wrote a wonderful story about a man's journey to accepting the truth and following it. Care to read?
    Hopefully after this, I should be back in my spunk!

Dimethyl Cadmium in-
    Ascension on the Frozen Ocean
    Starring:
    Sten Alan - Human (Mine)
    Nerolgian - Apex (Mine)
    The Vanatiaaiia (Mine)
    Buck - Novakid (Moonlit Comet. As it turns out, they are. The more you know!)

“You see what friendship can do to the loneliest of souls? It can make someone’s life so much better.”

-Sacotl

Wastes

Cadmium catches himself staring off into the distance again with his mind completely blank. In a sudden jolt of adrenaline, he spun around to face his close friend, Sten, who was bringing some sort of box out of the scouter ship. The snow beneath Sten’s feet crunched as he pulled it off. Cadmium turns back around to face the expanse of the cold, frozen ocean. Caddy walked down to the bank of the island they landed on and wiped away the white snow from atop the ice. The snow sizzled on contact with Cadmium’s plasma.

The high speed winds tore through the open tundra with ease, cutting through banks of snow and making wavy patterns. Tall pine trees lined the isle’s edge in clusters. The jagged mountains peaked over the horizon like children over a fence. Their snow capped peaks visible from hundreds of miles.

The wails of some snow beasts in the distance emanate through the sky as the star begins its descent down behind the mountains. Cadmium has gone back into his starring again, but he had a small smile on his face. A wisp was forming on the top of his head. Sten stared at Caddy with his mouth agape. The wisp had begun to form the notable twin arches of a heart, but were cut short by the sound of a box breaking behind.

Caddy’s plasma flared and grew in brightness. He jumped and looked back. The half formed wisp trailed off and dissipated into the air surrounding. Caddy sighed and walked to Sten. Sten still stared at Caddy with a wide smile.

“What?” Cadmium asked in a stern tone.

Sten, still with a stupid grin on his face, sat on a rock nearby, still looking at Caddy. “Well, you are obviously worked up about something.”

Caddy began to glow a bit brighter. “Yeah, why?”

“Oh, my poor love-struck friend. I can read you like a book. It’s Buck ain't it?”

Buck, a 7b Novakid, was the good friend of a bar owner, Virgo, that Cadmium visited often. He is considered an odd ball, but that is most likely why Cadmium is drawn to him, that and charming personality and looks.

Caddy straightened up his back and glowed a bit brighter. His stern voice began to wane a tad bit. “Yes it is. Why are you asking me these questions? We need to set this teleporter up.”

Sten continued to smile. “It’s worse than I thought. You whole composure is just off. Wow, this must be really weird for you.”

“Are you done?” Caddy said in a deep, stern voice. Sten put his hands in the air and shrugged. “Good, now take out the wrench… Seriously, me? Weirded out by love? Bah! I have dealt with this before…”

Sten goes into the small scout ship and began to search for the wrench. Caddy, subconsciously, turned to the ocean and walked back to the ocean’s edge slowly. Arctic foul fly far above their heads. The beasts of the night were beginning to come out and start their dance with the cold, treacherous dark. Caddy illuminated the snow-covered beach with a light blue glow. Another wisp had begun to form at the end of his mane. His hair began to shift, swaying to the pulsations of his plasma. The plasma of his person was beating, like a heart. Each pulse glowed brighter as time went on.

Sten came out and was about to say something, but stopped himself as he saw Cadmium back in his spot. Sten set the wrench on the ground and sat in a chair to watch his friend ogle over someone. Sten had taken his helmet off as well, just to get a better look. His blue hair drooped over his tan skin. His green eyes were locked on to Caddy as he smiled with glee that his friend had finally decided to find love.

A single heart-shaped wisp jetted out of Caddy’s hair.

“Caddy.” Sten whispered. Caddy flared up again, much brighter. He spun and frowned at his friend. “Wanna talk about it?” Sten’s grin grew and he closed his eyes.

“Buzz off, you moron. Wipe that grin off your face as well, it makes you look like an idiot.” Caddy scoffed. Sten slid his helmet back on and handed the wrench to Caddy. If Caddy had eyes, he would have rolled them just now. He goes to the broken box and pulls out a pad and began to work on it. After a few moments, it flickered on and began to buzz.

“That’s a noise I love to hear! Now what do we do about camp now that the teleporter is up and running?” Sten asked.

“You did bring the other supplies right? ‘Cause if you didn’t, I am not letting you sleep in the scouter-”

“Yeah yeah. Gimme a sec.” Sten had gone back in the ship once again. As Sten entered, a blast from above caught his attention. A bright light had begun to descend upon the snowball planet. As it grew nearer, it became apparent that it was a ship that had fallen. Chunks and pieces flew off the hull and innards of the ship. Caddy watched as it hit just over the horizon. As it hit, the glow from the explosion was a bright green. As it fade, Sten walked up from behind and stood, watching the light fade.

“If you are interested, we can go check it out tomorrow.” Caddy offered.

“Aren't we on a mission?” Sten replied.

“Hey. Your words, not mine. And besides, you said yourself that the signal isn't going anywhere.”

“True. I guess we can detour and check the wreckage for some supplies tomorrow. Night!” Sten said as he handed Caddy his tent. Caddy followed Sten back to the ship. Before He went inside, he turned toward the rising moon. After a moment, he shook his head and went inside.

Nightmare

A fine, tan mist entered the jet black room. The room reeked of rot and decay. Cadmium dashed from one side to another in a panic, frantically searching for a door. The skittering of a thousand insects can be heard fast approaching from behind. Caddy frowned and continued dashing. Despite his efforts, his dashing was for naught. He tripped over a massive centipede-like body. After he tripped and looked back, It had already skittered off. The skittering of the horde, however, was atop of him. He covered his ears in hopes that it would block the noise, but to no avail.

It took five minutes of non-stop skittering before it abruptly came to an end. He brought his hands down and looked around. Completely surrounded.

As far as the eye could see, Centipedes. Some hissed, others spat. Most stayed still until the skittering of a much larger beast came close.

Caddy, in a fit of fear, jolted up and tried to run. He was stopped, however, due to the immense amount of insects that block his way. He felt the grasp of pincers on his arms and the sudden feeling of being lifted up. He was suddenly face to face with a familiar monster, a Vanit he had killed long ago, Agani’va the Ruthless.

“Do not resssissst” The beast hissed out. Caddy only glared as it held him. “You will ssssoon come to resssspect me and you will beg for forgivenessss for what you have done.”

Caddy’s arm shook in fear. Despite who he is, he still has a crippling fear of the insect world, especially centipedes. “You’re threats do not scare me, you monster.” Caddy managed out.

“In time we will. You, among many otherssss before you, will fall to the Vanatiaaiia!”

Caddy began to wane, as if he were suddenly hit by a tranquilizer. He went limp in a matter of seconds. Agani’va sets him on the cold floor of the room.

“Let’ssss have a look in that heart of yourssss.” He hissed. A centipede worked it’s way up to Caddy’s face. Caddy’s plasma ran cold as he realized what it was about to do. He couldn’t prevent it, for he couldn’t move. Cadmium braced for an attack.

Travel

Caddy sat up in his tent. His breathing was erratic and his tent was torn up. As he slowed down, he sighed. He felt the lingering pain around his chest, but brushed it off as his head playing tricks on him. He fell back onto the sleeping bag. His heart ached, and he didn’t know why. Was it because of the dream? Was it something he ate? Was it because he has feelings for Buck?

Caddy shot up and left his tent, extremely flustered. ‘Why am I getting so worked up over this?’ He thought to himself. He hit his head with his palm, exhaled, and left to go meet up with Sten.

When he exited the room, he was not surprised to see that Sten was already raring to go. He gave out a short chuckle and picked up his bag.

The snow beneath Caddy’s feet was soft today, it was as if fresh snow had been placed. The duo trudged toward last night’s wreck. Along the way, Caddy kept to himself. Every so often, Sten would glimpse back at him to realize that he got distracted and stopped.

“Do you think..?” Caddy started to ask Sten but stopped.

“Think what?” Sten replied walking back to Caddy for the nth time.

“Do you think he’d like to see this… Nevermind.” He seemed to have realized what he said and continue on quickly. Sten stared at him as he passed with confusion and suspicion. Sten walked up behind Caddy, blunt end of a knife in hand. Sten raised it above his head and whacked Caddy with it. No response.

Sten runs around Caddy and stops him. “Sure doesn’t seem like nothing. Caddy, as your best friend and moral support, I need you to tell me what is on your mind. You are obviously flustered to the point of not recognizing danger and you are so out of reality, you probably didn’t even realize that I hit the back of your head.”

“You did?”

“Yes, I did… Caddy, is it that bad?”

Caddy sighs and sits in the snow. “It’s not bad, I like the feeling, the exhilaration, of being in love again. I just don’t know if…”

“It’s Buck, We all know he has a crush on you.” Sten says bluntly.

“That’s not what I was getting at… What.. What if I am not ready. What if I completely fuck this up and end up ruining everything. I have been doing nothing but killing and wallowing these past three billion years, I just… I don’t know if I can.”

Sten sat down facing Caddy. He grabbed his shoulder. “Shut up. You know who says that? Weaklings. You know what happens to Weaklings? Exactly what you just described. Cadmium, I’m going to be frank with you here. It doesn’t matter if you don’t think you can make it or not. It doesn’t matter if you feel you are out of touch. And I can assure you, from personal experience, it sure as hell doesn’t matter if you are perfect. The real things that matter are you need to love the other and you need to be confident in your love. Your outlook on everything is what keeps things stable. If you are unhappy, the other is unhappy. If you are angry, they are angry. It’s one of the things you must do when you are in love. You are a massive part of the other’s life, they are with you for, hopefully, their entire life. It’s okay to be unhappy from time to time, but if you don’t think you can make it. Then the other will think the same. It will only spiral from there. Hate will form. Despair. Then finally the bonds will come undone and everything will be ruined. Caddy, you are a strong person. The strongest I know, in fact and I think a lot of people can vouch for that. I believe in you. One hundred percent of the way. What I want you to do, right when we get back, is go to Buck, and tell him how you feel. Got that?” Sten said.

Caddy shook his head yes slowly. His mouth agape and in awe.

“Liessss. You are weak. You know it. We all do. If you lissssten to him, everything will fall.”

“Okay. Let’s go.” Sten held out his hand and offered to help Caddy up. Caddy looked conflicted. He grasped Sten’s hand and pulls up.

“Thank you.” He says, but there was this distance between them that wasn’t there before. Sten had noticed.

Hours passed and Sten had made no headway in his attempts to cheer Caddy up. The star had begun to set.

“We should probably get to cover soon.” Caddy said. His voice was not loud nor did it have that kick. Sten finally noticed what was wrong. There was something else at work behind the scenes here.

Sten and Caddy find a cave on an Island roughly a quarter-mile away from their destination.

They sat there in the cave, without talking. Caddy sat next to the fire while Sten laid at the mouth of the Cave. Sten was terrified for his friend. Not only did he not know what was going on, he hadn’t the slightest clue how to help him. After trying to think of something, he managed to get exhausted. He was the first to fall asleep.

Caddy watched as his friend went to sleep. He stood up and exited the cave and out into the open ice. His bare feet hiss at the touching of snow. The ice, however, was too thick to get anywhere near melted.

Caddy stared at the stars. Though he couldn’t locate it, he knew the one he loved was out there.

“The boy doessssn’t like you. You were delussssional. You only wanted attention sssso you made a fake relationsssship in your head.”

Caddy didn’t respond. He only drifted into sleep.

Neverending Dream

Caddy was surrounded before he even had the chance to move. The centipedes and scarabs squirmed and writhed all around him. There were so many, that the floor had become invisible. The smell had gotten much worse than before. This time, there were walls to see, but each of them were coated in a fine mucus like substance. The ear wrenching skittering and scraping of the insects was unbearable to Cadmium. He couldn’t do anything, however, for he happened to be bound to his spot.

The familiar sound of a massive skittering emerges from the far left corner. The massive centipede like creature worked it’s way to Caddy and stopped.

“Buck? That’ssss it’sss name?” It hissed viciously.

“Yeah? What about it.” His fear was shown in his shaky voice. Caddy was terrified.

“Even you musssst know it couldn’t ever work. You being who you are, he issss much better than you in every regard exccccept killing.”

“You’re wron-”

“Am I? Look at the factssss. Nearly all of your ‘friendssss’ hate you or are exxxxtremely distant. No one willingly goessss with you on missssssssionsss. Faccce it, you are not wanted. You wanted attention sssso bad, you ressssorted to imagining an entire sssstory jusssst ssso you can feel wanted. Well, look at that. Now you are in complete denial. You are a jibbering messsssss. You are sssso caught up in your own lie, that you are in denial. How embarasssssing.” Caddy remains silent, but his mouth is agape in a frown. “Even you must realize that mossssst of your life isss a ssssham. Even your ssssisssster hatessss you. The only reassson sssshe hadn’t left yet is becausssse of the fact you are good protection. That’ssss all you are to them. Sssssecurity. Now, let’sss talk about that sssshall we? Do you ever think what would happen if every sssssingle atroccccity you have commited wassss printed? Not a watered down versssion like that garbage thosssse apessss put out. I mean every ssssingle murder. How would your friendsss react to that? How would Buck? I’ll tell you. Even more ressssentment. They will exxxxcommunicate you. You will be attacked and probably killed. Do you want to die?” No answer. “I’ll take that asssss a yesss then. Sssssso be it.”

Caddy sat there awaiting his death. He doesn’t care anymore. The bug was right to him. If everyone didn’t hate him now, they will surely hate him later. Centipedes began to surround him and burrow. Caddy accepted it. He was engulfed.

It kept going.

He wouldn’t die.

Caddy closed his mind.

And imagined himself elsewhere.

Perhaps a better world-

Collapse and Emergence

Caddy was suddenly jolted back to life. Over him was Sten, who looked as if he were going to puke.

“I’m… sorry I had to hit you.” Sten muttered out. Caddy felt his face and it stung. The membrane has been zapped with electricity. “I had to wake you up. We are under attack.”

Just then, an explosion went off right next to them. Caddy stood up, but doesn’t make eye contact with Sten. Sten looked at him with a worried face. “Our target is the one in the middle.”

Standing opposite to them was three figures. One of them being an old enemy named Nerolgian, an apex with a degree in madness and bio-engineering, and the other two being the cyborg minions of his creation, both wielding grenade launchers.

“Nerolgian. Caddy, we need to devise a strate- Hey! What are you doing.” Sten whisper-yelled.

Caddy had begun to walk toward him. Hammer in hand, ready to fight or die. Both the cyborgs had ceased fire and aimed at Caddy.

“Yes. Fight him on your own. That is all you need. And if you die, it is what you deserve.”

“What in the hell are you doing!” Sten yelled at Caddy. Caddy stopped in front of Nerolgian.

“Well… Well… WELL! Look at who graced us with his presence. Die-meth-l Fuckin’ Cadmium. Well? Whaddya say boys? How ‘bout we give him the same hospitality he gave me back then… Shoot ‘im dead!” Nerolgian yelled.

The cyborgs shot at Caddy, but the bullets simply dissipated inside his plasma body. Caddy began to walk forward.

“Gah! You! Keep him at bay and you… load up the beam.” Nerolgian ordered. The first one charged Caddy with a broadsword and slashed down, cutting him clean in half. The cyborg, thinking the battle was over, turned it’s back and began toward its creator. Suddenly there is a hammer sticking through the chestplate. It collapsed onto the ice. “Noooo!” He yells. “You will pay for this.”

Sten dashed out from behind the tree and began to run toward Caddy.

“Three!”

Sten reached him. “We need to go.”

“Two!”

“Now Caddy!” Caddy wouldn’t budge.

“One!”

“God Damnit!” Sten yelled as he pushed Caddy to the ground. He stood his ground between Caddy and Nerolgian, facing Caddy.
    “Fire!” Just then, emerging from the cyborg, a solid beam of gamma radiation ripped through the air between it and Sten. Sten’s armor managed to keep the laser at bay as it ran on. Caddy stared in disbelief.

“Wh-Why?!” Caddy yelled.

“Why? Good question. You have been so mopey these past to days that maybe I should have let it hit you. But that would have been wrong, because you… You are my… Friend, and I’d never leave… you to die… on.. Your...own….” He paused.

Crack

Sten burst into screams as the laser finally had drawn into a close. Smoke rose from Sten’s back as he stood frozen in place.

After a minute of nothing, Sten spoke. “Why?” His knees hit the ice. “Because…” He fell onto Caddy’s shoulder. “...I trust you.” He fell to the ground and onto his stomach. On his back, a circular hole through his armor was carved. The clothing underneath was vaporized. The skin on his back was red and black. Caddy froze in place, staring at his injured friend.

“You got your friend killed by your own sssstubornessssss.”

The remaining cyborg came and lifted Caddy up and brought him to Nerolgian.

“Whoo! I’m so gonna get a raise if I am able to kill two members of your shitty organization.”

“You let your friend Die”

“I wonder how much though?”

“What kind of persssson would let this happen?” No response from Caddy.

“Though, I was expecting more of a fight outta you.”

“You pathetic fool, you could have easily ended this.”

“I was expecting better, not some Coward…”

“You are a weakling…”

“Lame…”

“It’s no wonder why your own race rejected you…”

“Pathetic…”

“Crawl back under a rock and disappear you Fragile minded…”

“Weak willed…”

“Delicate little…”

“Frail…”

“That’s it…” Cadmium mutters. Nerolgian set his ear up to Caddy.

“...Novakidiot.”

“What’s that, you’re going to have to spe-”

Nerolgian was interrupted by his face being burnt off from one of Cadmium’s explosions. He exploded his arms and recollected them. The cyborg fell down, burnt to a crisp and demolished. Nerolgian screams after he is launched thirty feet away.

“I am sick and tired of people like you. I am sick of this god damned voice. I am sick of me being a downer. I am Dimethyl Cadmium, infamous pirate of the universe, and no one talks down to me. Not even the people closest to me do. I will not be hiding behind a curtain anymore. It is the weak thing to do. I will be guiding my own fate from now on, not letting things fall into place. I will not be listening to some stupid voice caused by so dumb ass liquid that doesn’t know when to shut up and mind it’s own. I will not be playing plaything to some dumbass with a degree in fuck-all, who thinks he’s tough shit because he hides behind his little toy robots. I will tell you what I am going to do. I am going to kick your ass. I am going to shut this voice up. I am going to take that moron to a Hospital, and I will be going and telling Buck my true god damned feelings!” Caddy yelled and charged at Nerolgian.

“Fuck-!” Nerolgian exclaims, but before Caddy was able to get to him, he was beamed away by an outside force. Caddy sneered as he spined to Sten.

“Don’t bother. He’s dead. You got-” The hissing was cut off by Caddy’s yelling.

“Oh don’t even give me that shit. You are the largest sack of absolute shit I have ever had the displeasure of being stuck with temporarily!”

“You can’t rid of you-”
    “Fucking watch me. Next time you show your god damned boney, white ass face to me or anyone close to me, I’ll tear it off and shove it up yer ass. I will flay you. I will dice you. I will reduce you into ashes and scatter them into Zet’ira’s ship. Do. I. Make. Myself. Clear!” Caddy continued. No response. “That is exactly what I fucking thought you pile of shit.”

Caddy lifted Sten up and walked the entire twenty-four hour trip back to the Teleporter. As promised he took Sten to the hospital first.

Buck

Cadmium stepped out of the ER and used a remote teleporter. He beamed to just outside of Virgo’s bar. The change of scenery was massive. Instead of a cold barren tundra, he was in a plain like area, flowers growing. Caddy spun around and faced the door. He looked down at his clothes, which are ripped and torn to hell. His jacket managed to gather quite a few bullet holes and the sleeves a gone. He is covered in permafrost as well. “Well… I’m already here.” Ge goes to open the door when it opened seemingly on it’s own. Buck was already at the door. Buck got extremely excited, but Caddy put his finger up with a smile. “Hold on… I need to talk to you. Care for a walk?”

“Yes.” Buck said excitedly. Caddy leads the way to an area a good distance from, but still visible from, the Bar.

“Okay. Buck, we have known each other for about a while now. Ever since we first met, you always brought happiness wherever you went. That includes me, though I wasn’t the best at showing it, I did feel happy any time you were nearby. Every time I thought about you, especially in these past few weeks, I always found myself thinking only about you, and I enjoyed every minute of every thought about you. Buck, you have been the very person these years that I absolutely looked forward to seeing. Buck…

I love you.”

܀

This story is actually a Precursor to the story Moonlit Comet wrote. If you are interested, PM me for details.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017