1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Digital Arty carty, time to party. (Bring your requests. OPEN)

Discussion in 'Art' started by Kaiachi, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Greetings, peoples of the Starbound forums!

In a most unexpected way, myself (being Kaiachi) and Apathy Applied have decided to come back to the art forums and bestow upon you the gifts of free art. However, this comes with some stipulations.

Three slots. THREE. Das it.
    We're gonna be choosy, too. I mean, we'd love to draw everything, but I can't do that, and neither can he, so we're gonna draw the most amazing, awe inspiring, completely fantastic stuff you throw onto here. Make it sparkly and shiny.

Art talk is fine, too. We don't mind being chatty. Who knows, it could lead to inspiration. :3

Okay, Ready, set, go!

Slots:
    1. Dragonclaw (WIP)
    2. Empty
    3. Empty

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  2. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

Ooooh, so, we gotta go big, eh?

3. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

Greetings! I'm relatively new here but I did a quick browse of your old thread - you're really good! I can't wait to see what you're going to draw.

4. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Heh, I’ll be excited to see what occurs. If I may suggest one, perhaps a wider spread landscape shot of the aftermath of an encounter between the Miniknog and the Rebels. The sole survivor standing to look about the carnage.

5. HunterC1998

Well, me and Arra were wondering if you'd wanna do one of two characters that had been seen apart, but not together, my character from Ruined, Hunter, and his unforgettable one, Miraa, grown up, both singing together..

6. Apathy Applied

Apathy Applied Ketchup Robot

We like the idea, but we need to work back into drawing. Maybe if the scope of the idea was brought back a bit we'd be more inclined.
    Doesn't sound bad, but could you send us references and a little about the two?

Dragonclaw and Kaiachi like this.
  7. HunterC1998

Aaaalrighty, @Arra

8. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Do you still draw chibis? If so could I make a request for a chibi? :catbleh:

9. Deadmine135

Deadmine135 Big Damn Hero

Um... Would you mind if I make A request, well it's gonna be two character. And I am not going to throw the detail until its confirmed to be ok hehe =3 (I don't wonder around this forum as much expect the mods section )

10. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

I'll discuss it with Apathy!
    We'll need some description or detail about it before we can accept! The more info to hook us in, the better.

11. Apathy Applied

Do you have any specifications?

12. Mrs Bartender

Mrs Bartender Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't know how I feel about this since I still have to pay you for that other thing :^)

13. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

I have an idea! I haven’t seen much of this on the forums. You should try making some kind of epic space battle.

Apathy Applied and Kaiachi like this.
  14. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

I never even got to finish that off.
    Sounds like a lot of work. :rofl: Specifics?

Apathy Applied and Dragonclaw like this.
  15. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

I thought that you should decide that. I could come up with a few scenarios tomorrow though.

Kaiachi and Apathy Applied like this.
  16. Mrs Bartender

Mrs Bartender Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well you finished a sketch and i'd be more than happy to just pay for that. Since I didn't really keep up constant contacts or the such.

17. Deadmine135

Deadmine135 Big Damn Hero

Alright,here goes nothing....i hope its not to complicated and not making you two confused...and i hope you two doesnt get tired with Avali, althought the second one is an Avikan

i hope this isnt confuse for you two, and sorry if this is too hard. since this is pretty much once in a life time for me, and if i had money i would pay a commision hehe =3 (the curse of living in a third world country)

Hodyari 6.png Hodyari.png <---current look
    Name:Hodyari as-udini

Race: Avikan

Height:230 cm (7 feet, 6.55 inchs)

Job: Vanguard Captain (now retired)

Personality: Silent,Loner,Selfless,Caring,Compassionate,Melancholic

Family member: Four "Brother" :
    1.Azyon as-Kharaad "wings of Leadership" (Clanguard captain) status: Unknown
    2.Yallar as-koden "wings of Perceptive" (Ranger unit captain) status: Unknown 3.Vayrec as-Khalachi "wings of Steadfast" (mobile unit captain) status: Unknown
    4.Zaheed as-Rhadein "wings of Prudent (Support captain) status:Alive
    5.Hodyari as-udini "wings of Valor" (Vanguard Captain) Status:Alive

quote:"I've seen war...Nothing came good from it."

Biography:Hodyari once a average avikan who live in a secluded tribe in one of the Kadavan desert, with his four brother. they all were abandonded by their own individual parents to a hatch mother of the tribe,as they grow under the hatch mother. hodyari and his brothers were once a friend, in his youth. when the elder demand the current youngling to become a formidable Avikan so they can life on to continue the tribe legacy. Hodyari and his four brothers endure a lot of challenge and test on their life such as hunting,foreaging,nomading,crafting,fighting as they slowy growth to adulthood, in that time him and his Brother create a small group amongs them called "The wings of Rhadeis" named after the Avikan centesian deity figure named Rhadeis, who led the Avikan to a current life from rhadeis knowledge and guidance to become the race their know today, sadly this cost the Avikan to be hunted down by a Space naz- i mean Space invader known as TheLean after the dissapearance of Rhadeis. the brothers admire the figure, hence why the name. once they reached adulthood the brother joined the vanguard army to serve and protect the life and ensure that the Avikan race are saved against the Thelean menace, their name growth as their join more battle to the point their name become. well known. but one battle break the brothers completely, and that battle is called "the fall of Vas vha'leih" the war was so severe that avikan slowly kicked out of their home planet. many casualties from Avikan are too much, most prefer to ran away. Hodyari and his remaining three brother hold their ground to hold the ground from Thelean attack. Hodyari was making a run to calling a support unit using the remaining Keffrider. but as his travel to nearest communication station. he was chased down by thelean on his way to the communication station. once inside he find the whole communication was already trashed by thelean Vesomeyr (hacker) and his position is completely surronded. he had no choice but to ran away from the battle using the remaining ship, as he rose to the sky. he saw his three brother already surronded and surrendered by thelean, and thelean proceed to beat the brothers one by one, felling guilty and contempt he was blaming him self for leaving his three brother in war that mark the horrible history of the Avikan life. his personality grow cold as his ship slowly travel to the "Starfarer refuge" the last save haven for Avikan incharged by his fourth brother Zaheed. after hearing the news the two were in deep sadness and i wishes to avenge for what they had done to their homeplanet and the remaining brother,Zaheed offer him a place in the starfarer refugee but Hodyari refuse that offer. he decided to outcast him self from the remaining Avikan who know him, and his last brother as a form of punishment for leaving his brother in wars. before he left Zaheed gave him the medallion depicticing the "Wings" before he left as reminder and his home...in his travel the star as a nomandic life, he met a small fluffy figure that soon become his new companion....

His cloack set
    Hodyari 1.png
    Hodyari 2.png
    These cloack wasnt being made and used until his Fluffy companion arrived and become his pal. feeling sad after inspecting his new friend, the Fluffy figure decided to stitch him this cloack wich the figure steal the fabric sheet needed from a deserted campsite filled with lot of sandstalker.

His outfit
    Hodyari 4.png
    Hodyari 3.png
    Hodyari 5.png hidden among these outfit lies an armor plate made out of strong kavanite plate and that armor has seen alot of war, perhaps they weren't strong as they were used to be

His weapon
    The Vas Vhal'eih spear
    Hodyari's weapon.png A spear lost to age as among one of the legendary weapon, he found the body of the broken spear when he was traveling the desert with his Fluffy pal. his return to the starfarer refuge attract alot of Avikan Seeker and shady folk with just the appearance, he was able to repair the spear thanks to a retired seeker old Avikan named Odyin as -Valuda

Rhaomi 5.png Rhaomi.png Untitled2.png <---current appearance
    Name:Rhaomi

Race:Avali

Height: 193 cm = 6 feet, 3.98 inchs

Job:Scientist,Inventor

Personality:Caring,Cheerful,Kind,innovative,rebel,intellegent,curios,boastful

Family member: 1.Parents: Mother status:deceased Job: Housewife reason: Giving birth to Rhaomi
    Father status:deceased Job: Avalon Soldier reason: Sickness
    Step-father Name:Kazumi
    Job: Avalon combat medic (past) Doctor (current)
    Quote:I understand, it wasn't your fault. But giving up isn't going to solve your problem!

Rhaomi was an Avali who life in a futuristic large town on the planet of the avalon, in his life he was raised by average family household, in his time as small egg that still lay inside his mother. she was dreaming that Rhaomi being a scientist and inventor in his adulthood, but his Husband disagree with her idea, and he wanted Rhaomi to become a soldier to defend the planet and become a proud member of the pact.his wife was disagree with his and her idea and told him that their son should grow up to what ever they want. she also tell him that as long as his future was good they were happy. even thought his father really wanted to see him growth as a soldier, he accept his wife wishes. the day his wife about to lay her egg has come. he patience and nervously helping his wife in laying the egg with his pal Doctor Kazumi who helping his pal in handleing his wife birthing. the egg has layed and everyone in the room were cheerful for the highly successful birth. as the egg were moved to the incubation Rhaomi's Mother told his husband about how she really wanted to see their son grew to be a great successor for their bloodline and how she wanted to hold a sleeping well developed baby rhaomi under her wing and become a proud parent, Kazumi invite Rhaomi's Father to inspect the new egg his wife has birthed too, Rhaomi's father was having his most happies moment in his life as he inspect every inches of the newly layed egg as the machinery of the incubator helping the embrio growth, his moment of happines doesnt last long, as one of Kazumi assistant rush to the room and urgently calling Kazumi and himself to check his wife. she in a very critical state as her lung start to failing from a disease that she recieved when she was still pregnant, as the doctor try to help the dying Avali, Rhaomi's mother mutter her promise to her husband to raise the child as their promised so that both of them can raised a great successor for the their blood line....and she died from that day, heart broken and saddening by this event he slowly kiss his now dead body of his wife in the forehead before saying a good bye. Kazumi was heartbroken to see his friend stand there sobbing his eye after the unfortunate event that struck his life. Rhaomi's Father walking slowly to his son egg an mutter his wife promises to the glass of the incubator hoping the developing Rhaomi will listen to his mother words....fast forward to the current time Rhaomi he is scientist wich his mother was wished and hoped for. but in his stage of being adulthood his father teached him a bit of military lesson from his father and a bit enginnering from his "uncle" Doctor Kazumi. he was slightly rebelious in his life, but he still attentd his lesson as his grow to adulthood. in his lab the Avalon science facility he was an innovative and smart scientist, able to solve many problem and able to lean many hand to help those who needed him, among those hand he helped are his three Avali friend:Kaali a chemist and troublemaking female avali who secretly fall in love with Rhaomi she is a smart yet slightly tombboy ish A.K.A she is a tsundere. Talala (yep that his name and not from that one song) an self boasted Avali who work as a biologist who wanted to live the life of Avalon, military sadly he is a coward he will be the first one to ran away when problem strike.Halako, Kaali brother and the head of the Security of the Avalon science fasility. everything going so well, until a disaster hit that cause the whole fasility to fall apart. Rhaomi and his three friend were escaping. until Kaali fall apart from a crack on the ground. as rhaomi was able to help her escape, a giant rubble crush his entire body exepct his two hand slowly bit by bit it crushed his bone and his organ in the process. rhaomi wanted to scream to ease the pain but his lung was slowly crushed. as he was thinking its the end of his life, until his father, friends and the rest of the worker try to help him free from the rubble of the building. the paramedic were able to pic him in time, as Rhaomi was lifted a gaze of his now half squashed body and everyone was rushing him to the hospital to get him fixed, after arrival Kazumi was shocked to find his friend son was crushed to near death, Kazumi had no choice but to incase him in a cybernetic body armor as a support for his broken body and a life support machine to help his broken organ to act fungtional again. Rhaomi's Father was hearthbroken to hear it and he is insist that there is a way to fix this problem, he even begging Kazumi not to do that. Kazumi knowing his pal mental condition he slowly comfort his pal that there is nothing he can do to fix and the those option are the only thing that could saved Rhaomi's life. still disagree to his pal idea, he remember his Wife promise to raised their son even if they in that condition. he had no choice but to accept his pal suggestion. Rhaomi wake up to find his body incase inside of a cybernetic body, he was crying his eye out when he found out that his forever stuck inside that thing for the rest of his entire life, but his father told him that he should never giving up hope. he told Rhaomi that he should appreciated with his new body that it save his life and still able to see the world around him. Rhaomi still contempt with his new body were accept his father motivation, after the little talk Kazumi decide to test rhaomi for couple cognotive test and bit neurogic scan to see if his brain were able to control the cybernetic body. and it worked, not only that the body were able to move freely with making a single stiff movement, Rhaomi continue his life normaly. he was called to visit a new science station on a new star orbit, wich rhaomi will be flying with a single pilot cruise ship wich were already autopilot to the location. as he travel to his location, his ship got shot down by couple of Thelean military ship. mistaken the ship as Avikan, Rhaomi was able to land the ship safetly to a forest planet, but the damage say other wise. he walk around with his trusty machete and a small supply, in his travel he found a bush who shaking misteriously. and that day Rhaomi discover his Scally tall Companion....

His google
    1.png this once a google his father wore in his service as a soldier, now given to rhaomi before his farewell.

his cloack

Rhaomi 2.png

his jacket
    Untitled.png not originated from the Avalon, a jacket stiched by one of Hodyari crew member as a gift for Rhaomi

his cybernetic body

Frame
    Rhaomi 3.png

life support machine
    Rhaomi 4.png these component are the reason Rhaomi still alive, his frame body are fitted with finest strongest metal that Avalon could over making the whole body had nigh invulnerability to bullet and laser energy weaponry, but not blunt weapon.His life support machine (Originrated from Frackin universe as the field generator) are his main organ, same as his frame this machine are also fitted with the same metal. but this one got a better protection so that the machine were highly protected from all source, because one damage and the user are doomed.

His Weapon
    Rhaomi's weapon.png a lightweight ultrasharp sword not originated from Avalon. for avikan its a two handed broadsword, to Avali its a giant lightweight (still heavy) two handed sword

1.i picture them standing in a desert evoirament
    2. both stand side by side
    3.Rhaomi facing left side and posed similar to this [​IMG]
    4.Rhaomi sword were embedded into the ground
    5.Rhaomi smile an looking at the viewer
    6.Hodyari facing right way looking at the viewer with a mean stare
    7.Hodyari posed similar to this Hodyari.png
    8.Rhaomi height is close to Hodyari shoulder

18. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Oh damn, if I still have the sketch somewhere, I might just finish it! You don't have to pay me for a sketch, though.
    Thanks, I'll talk to Appy about it!

Dragonclaw and Deadmine135 like this.
  19. Apathy Applied

Thank you for the request, unfortunately neither of us have very much experience with Avali and don't feel up to the challenge. We both hope you can find someone to draw your characters, as it looks like you've put a lot of work into them.

Dragonclaw, Deadmine135 and Kaiachi like this.
  20. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Im'ma double quote you on this, but if you wanna give me another of that same request, I'll do another one for you in full and put you on the list. I've got much more time now!

Appy is accepting your request/suggestion, but it might take a while. Thinking of anything in particular?

Dragonclaw likes this.