1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Artisan Goods Change Price When Unstacked

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nesciosquid, Mar 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Nesciosquid

Nesciosquid Space Hobo

I noticed some weird inconsistencies in the prices of my artisan goods, so I did some experimentation and found that some artisan goods (Grape Wine is the one I tested, but I think it works for others) will change their per-unit price when you remove one (or more) from the stack without picking the stack up completely.

Here's an example. 8 Grape Wines, right out of the keg, would sell to Pierre for 2880g. That's 360g per wine, or 240g without the +50% artisan bonus. That's 3x the original fruit price of 80g, which makes sense, and seems reasonable for a 6-day wait.

[​IMG]

However, if I take the stack of 8 grape wines, remove items one by one from the stack, and check their prices again, the price of each goes up to 600g. What a deal!

[​IMG]

To help in reproducing the bug, I've attached a save file with a bunch of grape wines ready to be harvested and sold off to Pierre. To see the bug in action:

1. Grab two grape wines from their kegs
    2. Wait until 9AM, then go into Pierre's shop.
    3. Check the price of the stack of two wines -- should be 720g (360g x 2)
    4. Exit the shop window, open your inventory, and break the stack using the 'use tool' button (not the 'interact with stuff' button). Place the separated wine into a different inventory slot.
    5. Check the price of each bottle of wine -- the one from the original stack should still be 360g, and the one you removed should have gone up to 600g.

Attached Files:

LadyKianna likes this.
    • ConcernedApe

ConcernedApe Stardew Valley Dev Developer

Thanks for the catch, should be fixed in tonight's build!

• Nesciosquid

Nesciosquid Space Hobo

Whoa! You're amazing, dude. This game rocks and so do you. <3

Salamander Sundaes likes this.