Modding Help Arm pivot, hand node and sprite scale

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by RyuujinZERO, Dec 19, 2013.

1. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Poking around the files, am I right in concluding that the pivot point for the arm is shared by all races, as is the character sprite scale. You can't make a custom playable race that is significantly larger or smaller than the normal humanoids without the arm pivot/gun position getting screwy - and there's no simple "scale" option for each race to allow you to scale them up or down wholesale?

(I was playing with the idea of a custom race that diverges from the normal humanoid template and playing with different implementations.
    http://i.imgur.com/2fX2gQ9.jpg

The left being matched to the starbound humanoid structure, but is much bigger than desired. The right hand depiction is the "canonically accurate" form, but unless the arm pivot and gun positioning can be defined per race or a workaround pointed out, would not be workable)

2. Westeller

Westeller Space Penguin Leader

You might find this discussion to be relevant.
    Also, this mod is extremely relevant. Great example of working with what we have.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  3. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Looks like from their findings scale is global, not per-race. So messing with scale settings for one race affects all as I suspected.

Thanks for the heads up though.

4. Heliostorm

Heliostorm Phantasmal Quasar

It's possible to create a tech that will use custom animations, but that has the obvious limitation of no character creator.