1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Arm Cannons 1.0.1, Pleased Giraffe

Adds randomly generated, chargeable arm cannons to the game.

1. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Well you've found a lot more than I have. :p

They compete for spots among other guns with an equal chance to appear. On nightly, guns are drastically more common, if that carries over to stable eventually, you'll find' em more.

2. bLANKMOD

bLANKMOD And Do the MONKEY!

Oh cool

3. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Oberic updated Arm Cannons with a new update entry:

Tier 6 craftable, and some minor balance,

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. bLANKMOD

Good news everyone! (Hubert farnsworth voice) i have found several new natural arm cannons, but the strange thing is it would seem that they only drop from enemy glitch.

5. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

That is very odd actually. Huh.. I wonder why Glitch could drop 'em at all, I thought they only dropped crossbows.

6. BLuBIN_BoY

BLuBIN_BoY Big Damn Hero

Conspiracy! They are secretly getting arm cannons from the illuminati!

Oh wait, it was me...

7. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Still working on the legendary projectiles. Have a narrow 30-shot energy attack with sparkles ready. Making an expanding plasma cluster thing, not the easiest thing in the world.
    Trying to make these feel decently cool to use.

How ya'll feel about having the common shots randomly paired, uncommon randomly paired, etc. And having the crafted ones full-random? (I like random, but I know it isn't "proper").

8. bLANKMOD

I like that, but is it possible for you to raise the spawn rate a little bit?

9. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Sadly, I cannot.

To raise the spawn rate I would have to change the natural spawn rate of all guns by modifying a dozen files. I can't really do that as it changes vanilla too drastically.
    However, on nightly (atleast last time I played nightly) gun spawn rates are much higher, so arm cannons would be more common as well.

I mean, I might be able to make them more common than other guns (maybe? edit: apparently I can make them more common..), but my goal as a modder is to add to vanilla, on top of it, rather than in front of it.

I can't implement these how I originally planned (charge attacks aren't stronger on generated guns no matter what code I put in), so I'm having fun with the ammo instead (custom projectiles can have above 1.0 inheritDamageFactor).

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  10. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

New Attacks, Balance changes.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  11. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Light Cannon.

12. MaverickZX16

MaverickZX16 Void-Bound Voyager

This is so cool! You should try to make it so that you can find parts and put together your own arm cannon, to your liking.[DOUBLEPOST=1437089393][/DOUBLEPOST]I am very happy with this mod but when I tried to spawn a rare arm cannon, it didn't spawn, when I tried for an uncommon, it gave me a random green cube called a perfectly generic item, mind helping me out here? have you possibly changed the name of them?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  13. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

How are you typing it?
    The code to spawn, for example a level 3 rare armcannon is:
    /spawngun 3 rarmcannon

no caps. :)
    I hope it works for you. I don't know if my mod works on nightly build, so if that's where you're using it... yeah..

Unfortunately I cannot make it so you can find parts to assemble your own, that requires a level of LUA knowledge that I am probably never going to reach.
    The Gun Assembly mod can sort of do what you want though!! With the exception that you won't be able to use charge shots if you break apart an arm cannon with it (which is beneficial to faster arm cannons anyway).

14. MaverickZX16

MaverickZX16 Void-Bound Voyager

Oh I was typing it wrong, I thought it was /spawnitem rarmcannon

15. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Okay I know it's been a while since I updated this. Sorry for that.
    Here's what's up..
    I have been switching over everything to a new laptop. That's done finally and I have my palletes and stuff re-assembled.
    Between work and my new schedule making it hard to get sleep, it's been really hard to feel inspired enough to make the last charge shots I need to mostly-finish this.

So what I'm going to do as soon as I have any time... is going to break the mod a bit.
    I need to rename all of the projectiles I borrowed from a defunct mod and give them new sprites and, in some cases, possibly animations.
    This is going to make a lot of arm cannons not work and/or crash the game. It can't be prevented if I want to do this mod the less-lazy way.

I will temporarily have less overall combinations of attacks.. This can't be prevented without designing new charge shots, and I just want to get this to a state I can consider 1.0.

Hopefully by thursday or wednesday (days off!) I can get ... SOMETHING to put out.

16. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

An Update! No more borrowed projectiles!

17. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Swaps the name generator to Pleased Giraffe style.

18. Lass.Isolet

Lass.Isolet Intergalactic Tourist

umm question: is this mod available for the spirited giraffe version???

19. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Yes! :)

And it even works with the upcoming pleased giraffe! The arm cannons should also scale properly when switching Starbound versions.

20. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Okay so I need to do a lot of reformatting for pleased giraffe. The mod works, but legendary randomgen guns seem to be no longer a thing, so I have to rebuild everything based on that.
    I'm also going to up the projectile speed of normal shots and increase damage to slightly above PG pistols.
    Since you can't just hold the mouse to spam-fire, and they're undertuned in the new numbers, arm cannons on the new patch are just a tad weak unless dual-wielded and/or charged (then only if it's a slower one too).
    Also, PG pistols have better damage per rarity now, they didn't before, so the arm cannons are good compared to commons, but a little lacking when comparing higher rarity guns.

I'll get on this either as soon as possible, or after I wake up. I will get everything lined up again asap.