1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Arm Cannons 1.0.1, Pleased Giraffe

Adds randomly generated, chargeable arm cannons to the game.

1. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

oh, lol In that case check the nightly they achieved this with the new boxing glove.

2. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Right. Haven't even thought about that. lol

3. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

4. BLuBIN_BoY

BLuBIN_BoY Big Damn Hero

5. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

lol I know basic lua now within 4 hours :rofl: still training, {} tables are giving me some issues though.

6. billwopeh

billwopeh Phantasmal Quasar

Any idea why this was in my log?

[13:47:29.775] Error: Could not apply patch from backend: Folder <../giraffe_storage/mods\Arm Cannons\.>. Caused by: Could not apply patch to base. Could not apply operation to base. Attempted to get from a list using a non numeric value: 4.9

7. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Oooohkay, looks like I did something wrong. I'll fix it immediately.

8. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  9. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Oberic updated Arm Cannons with a new update entry:

Ice and Lightning!

Read the rest of this update entry...

10. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

A bit soon, but legendary.

11. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Had a 10k damage issue.

12. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Trying to add recipes to be able to craft random arm cannons. I have been able to get other recipes to work, but this doesn't seem to want to cooperate with me.

I have no idea what to do for a logo.

13. bLANKMOD

bLANKMOD And Do the MONKEY!

I might be having problems with your mod. Iv had it installed for awhile, but havent found and arm cannon crafting recipes or arm cannons from places ive never been to. Could you maybe tell me whats wrong?

14. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

If you want to try them, you may want to spawn them in.

In theory, the code is all in place for them to spawn as frequently as a pistol, shotgun, sniper rifle or whatever do in chests.
    I think.

I haven't found one naturally either, but I haven't exactly had a lot of time to hunt.

If you don't want to /spawngun, you'll just have to hunt and hope one actually appears in a chest.

Edit: I figured out how to implement generatedgun recipes. So now I just need to make a recipe for each arm cannon for each tier all with different requirements.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  15. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Ok so, I got recipes working, but for some reason only the tier 1 recipe will appear as craftable if not in /admin mode (in admin mode the recipes appear and work perfectly at the appropriate tables).
    I have tried a lot of things to fix it, but nothing works so far. I did learn how to add recipes to player.config (via .patch) about 4-5 different ways.

It's odd that the tier 1 recipe works fine. Maybe they have to be unlocked by crafting something and I forget how vanilla progression works? I don't know.

UPDATE INFO:
    Okay, rethinking it, I'd rather not have the main ones craftable anyway.

I gotta re-align some files then I can go back to work making custom projectiles and such so that everything looks and feels cool.

I personally love the hyper-random ammos of the legendary arm cannons.. But from a balance-design perspective I shouldn't leave it random. So I'm going to work on making legendaries have their own new ammos (it's gonna be painful to build). Order has will be achieved.

To compensate for the four tiers having normal stats, I'm going to add a fifth arm-cannon type that is ONLY craftable (or /spawngun able), and will take end-game metals to craft.
    These are going to be... touched by Chaos. They'll will have more randomized stats and continue having fully shuffled ammos.

I have some other things in mind, if I can get the time, mostly color changes.

I'll put out an update when I get the framework in place... Now that I know what I want to do.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  16. bLANKMOD

After finaly finding an arm cannon, (one spawns in the end of the erchius mining facility) and getting a tast of your work, i cant wait to see some recipes and end tier cannons :D

17. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

So they DO spawn!? yes!!! thank you for reporting a successful spawn :D

Just curious, what ammo type is it?

18. bLANKMOD

Idt it was a procedurely generated spawn since i found it in a reward chest at the end of the erchius mining facility mission, but if you didnt plan that, then maybe its just rare. Idk what its ammo type is, but its call the prototype alien seeker and when i charge my shot, it fires some kind of blade that penetrates enemies and sticks around after being fired. When i just click, it shoots a missile.

19. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Awww yeah, I love that ammo set. Rapid fire (but not rocket launcher level damage) missles feel amazing to fire. And that cutter-trap thing is fun too, Qtw made the sprite for both of those. :p

The arm cannons are all procedural-generation weapons, and exist at all four rarities, though the current legendaries are very random ammo.

20. bLANKMOD

Ive yet to find any other besides that one on any planet