1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Arm Cannons 1.0.1, Pleased Giraffe

Adds randomly generated, chargeable arm cannons to the game.

1. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

I don't have a lot of interest in arm swords, but it isn't overly incredibly difficult to learn this. If you have someone helping you, it's even easier.
    Why not try to learn some basic modding and, you go for it? :)

Edit: Actually, Kawa's Felin race starts with a 1-hand Katar that doesn't follow your mouse cursor, but still slashes where you aim. You might be able to work off of that if she doesn't mind.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  2. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Oberic updated Arm Cannons with a new update entry:

Eureka!

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. WolfFern77

WolfFern77 Void-Bound Voyager

Sounds good.... :kitten::kitten2::kitten::kitten2::kitten::kitten2::kitten::kitten2:

4. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Does anyone want one-handed arm cannons?
    I could either make these one-handed with reduced damage, or make alternate clones that are one-handed with half the damage.

Also I just realized that the arm cannons are about 30% stronger than most other two-handed guns at the moment.
    They do require spamming to fire to achieve that damage, so I don't know if I should reduce them slightly (but leave them still a 15% stronger) or not.

Personally I like them stronger. But yeah.

5. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

1-handed, a couple of buffs, new bits!

6. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

7. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

Interesting concept I'll be watching...

8. siegeseya

siegeseya Big Damn Hero

um it work with the gun assembly mod but it the customized arm cannons cant charge shots and justs shots the weak shot

9. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

gun assembly mod? I haven't used it, but I've heard of it.
    If the charge shots are non-functional with that mod, there is nothing I can do.

The arm cannon primary and secondary fires are linked together in the ".generatedgun" file, so are the staff-style charge indicator and the ability to charge the shots.

randomly generated guns with charge shots in vanilla were not meant to work at all (I have to modify projectiles into a minimum of two .projectile files for the charges to even do extra damage), so it makes sense that a mod that allows you to build guns manually wouldn't be compatible.

Eventually I might put in a way to build/purchase randomly generated arm cannons so you don't have to hunt/cheat for them, but it isn't a priority at the moment.

Fairly happy with the normal shots, but I still have a few charges to tweak, a gas-bullet to make, and other things like that. Also I found a hadouken projectile in the files and I simply must have it.

10. siegeseya

siegeseya Big Damn Hero

could maybe add something like a railgun ammo type?

weak shot= small beam

charge shot= large beam

11. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

That's what I did :p

12. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Colors, gun sprites, some new or changed ammo

13. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

New projectiles, translucent crystal gun parts.

14. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

I'm not 100% sure how patch files work, but assuming I have the common.treasurepools.patch file fixed properly, the arm cannons should be spawning, next update has them appearing at high level tiers as well. I'd rather not upload for one tiny change, so in the meantime... Maybe sacrifice a gun or two in exchange for spawning in a cannon?

15. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

How isn't it? Couldn't you just alter the hand position within the .generatedgunfile?

16. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Oh, thats possible now?

17. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

Yep, I would also assume you could use a blank mask.png to hide the arm, kind of like what they did for headgear they head the char hair.

18. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

How do you set the arm? And i doubt its possible to use a mask.png in a weapon file. Starbound was quite unflexible in the past with such kind of things.

19. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

Code:
    "handPosition" : [4, 0],
      "firePosition" : [4, 4],
    Hand position moves the object it uses (X,Y)
    Fire position has were the bullet and muzzle flash will be generated at, if you move the hand position you might want to move the fire position too so that it doesn't look awkward.

20. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Well, thats something totally different and I'm of course aware of these commands. What we want to do is to put the busters at top of the fsleeve/hand instead behind it (modifiyng z layer/index). The only items that does that right now are shields afaik. It would have been possible with a mask file that covers armor/body aswell - but like i said - i dont think thats possible and would be kinda a "dirty hack". :p

Last edited: May 28, 2015