ARM / ARM64 / AArch64 linux support

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lupine85, Dec 26, 2019.

1. lupine85

lupine85 Intergalactic Tourist

Hi,

I recently bought Stardew Valley and love it! However, I also recently got a Pinebook Pro ( https://www.pine64.org/pinebook-pro/ ), an aarch64 laptop running linux, which can't run x86/x86_64 linux binaries natively. These kinds of laptops are getting more popular these days - e.g. the Lenovo C630, various chromebooks, etc. Presumably one could include windows aarch64 binaries too, but I'm not familiar with that combination.

Hopefully, it's easy to compile a set of binaries that work on this architecture, and I'd be eternally grateful if they showed up!

Thanks,

/Nick

• lupine85

lupine85 Intergalactic Tourist

OK, it turns out this is almost trivial to do. I am in awe, and running Stardew Valley on my Pinebook Pro as we speak.

I put instructions up at https://ur.gs/post/stardew-valley/ for posterity, but the short version is "Edit `MonoGame.Framework.dll.config` and run `mono StardewValley.exe`.

It works flawlessly.

Since it's so easy, maybe that's a good datum in favour of making it officially supported ;)

• fxavier

fxavier Intergalactic Tourist

Hi.
        I'm following your tutorial to install it on a Raspberry Pi 4, however I find some differences:
        The files do not have the same structure as you show (there are no files with names starting in mono).
        In addition, when running "mono StardewValley.exe" I get the following error:
        Unhandled Exception:
        System.TypeLoadException: Failure has occurred while loading a type.​

I am running GOG version 1.4.5.
        Do you have any idea what could be wrong?

• jjadziadax

jjadziadax Space Hobo

Running PoP!_OS and very new to Linux. Was bummed I couldn't seem to get Stardew running with mods. After much fiddling and searching I finally thought I was there, then had "Your mono runtime and class libraries are out of sync." which led me to your post. Moving the system.dlls except for System.Runtime.Serialization.dll seems to have done the trick so thank you :-D Now all I need is to see if I can find a way to get Cyberpunk to run when it comes out and I'm not even going to try to dual boot Windows <3 Appreciate ya