1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Are the Devs just going to surprise us?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Kaihn, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaihn

Kaihn Space Spelunker

I mean, we're all anxiously waiting for the Beta, so will the team just release it one day without even announcing a date?

2. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

They said they wouldn't do that, so I doubt it.

WoxandWarf and SLOW_oranges like this.
  3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

No. There would be little or no reason why they would. They're going to be very clear with what will happen, in order to minimize confusion.

WoxandWarf and SLOW_oranges like this.
  4. SLOW_oranges

SLOW_oranges Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't see why they would do that. Announcing the date would draw in more people to purchase the pre-order before the release, and I can't see how releasing it without an announcement would benefit them.

WoxandWarf and Jonesy like this.
  5. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Nah, i really don't think so.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  6. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

Nah, we'll probably be given some forewarning. They'll handle it much like they handled the opening of preorders, probably letting us know a month or so in advance.

The only surprise will be logging into the forums one day and finding a bunch of buzz and people flipping their lids over the announcement of beta's opening.

7. Insanitor

Insanitor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They will most likely announce it a week or two before, as it has been said "To draw in more before Beta-sale ends"

They without a doubt know that alot of people will not pay for something, before they can get a clear date of when they will receive their product.
    Even if you look at the forums, there are already people raging and some have even made some huge ass calculations, to explain how they feel they're getting cheated cause they've paid for beta, but doesn't know when it will come.

8. PurpleSquirel43

PurpleSquirel43 Pangalactic Porcupine

I doubt they would do that to us. There's no real reason to.

9. Silly

Silly Sandwich Man

What I hope they don't do is this:

*Announce Starbound Beta a month in advance.
    *Everyone goes crazy as we wait for the whole time for beta. :zombie:

A week or two in advance for the beta announcement will most likely happen.

But there will be no surprise release, that's for sure. Tiy has stated several times that once the Starbound team knows when beta can happen, the community will know too.

10. I love threads like this.
    No, they won't :p

11. As soon as they know a solid release date, they'll let everyone know.

Jonesy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.