1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Arcane Add On 1.9.02 DROPBOX

Interesting Tiered Magic, Balanced for the Game.

1. heyfunny

heyfunny Tentacle Wrangler

I'm having an issue where right clicking with my pickaxe or mm activates magic instead of just the magic book
    so I can't mine background

2. Seterwind

Seterwind Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I... Never thought of that problem... Umm will add to my fix list this patch. Heh oops will totally fix. I get home in 4 hours, will defiantly make that a non issue.

3. Seterwind

Seterwind updated Arcane Add On with a new update entry:

You can mine with the tech and it not hurt your ears, Codexs work, animations and more...

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. Seterwind

NO MORE LIQUIDS! Small other fixes!

5. Rukrio

Rukrio Pangalactic Porcupine

sometimes i hate my other mods. this is one of them: if there is a way to make your new method of "buff spells" pierce/ignore armor, that would be cool as what i use... blocks it instantly. as always, tested with T10 spellbook.

Seterwind likes this.
  6. Seterwind

I will add ignoredef to the projectiles. Thank you for the report.

7. etherealblade

etherealblade Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks for all the updates. You are much appreciated!

Seterwind likes this.
  8. Seterwind

No problem. This is very much a labour of love, and people like you and Rukrio inspire me to keep working on it. I'm going to be doing something else other than summonsteed. I can't create the horse asset, and I do not see how that helps the wizard with the game, or in a party. So I have instead devised Arcane Eye. It'll make your cursor glow allowing you to see the area ahead and mine more effectively.

Then it's just summon star, and fixing up the Dragon to not attack the player (how hard could that be really sheesh).

Got up to codex 5 written, now just 5 more and we're done.

Rukrio likes this.
  9. Rukrio

hey, i know that coding can be tough work. sure i've got basic knowledge of coding, but it's only enough to do 'edits'. and i also know enough that bugs are notorious for hiding where you least expect them. i'm glad to help anybody undertaking such interesting things. and in the end, that's what modding is all about: bringing new ideas to the 'table', with the table being a game.

10. Seterwind

I appreciate all the feedback and help with the bug testing. I had planed to post an update tonight, but just don't feel like I have enough to warrant one. I will try to post an update tomorrow, probably with what codex's I have and hopefully a working Arcane Eye. Also the ignoredef worked to get around the armor issue. That bug is fixed once I update.

11. Seterwind

3 new codex's! Play around with the Dragon he hurts you! More bugs fixed.

12. Seterwind

Well I realized how much I fixed (eternal glow, the poison effect, the balance of the guards, minor lag things, balanced damage) and the codex's I figured was a good enough to push an update. Night everyone.

13. fluffyduhutt

fluffyduhutt Void-Bound Voyager

I just wanted to let you know that uninstalling the mod breaks your save, that is unless there is something I am missing. I figured you should know that so you could maybe sort it out.

Anyways neat mod, just not really for me.

14. Seterwind

Oh, I guess that would happen, removing a tech when a tech is still active on a player will cause save file issues for that particular character. You would have to select a different tech on the character before uninstalling the mod. Sorry about that I will add a note.

Thank you for trying it out, sorry it didn't quite fit your style.

15. Jelly King

Jelly King Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Where do I find The codexes and spellbooks?

Seterwind likes this.
  16. Rukrio

enchanting table.

Seterwind likes this.
  17. Seterwind

In the enchanting table.J

You craft the tech, and the spell book from the enchanting table. From there you just have to equip the tech, ensure your spellbook is selected in your hot bar, and then right click (or press F) to enter casting mode. The codex has the movements for the first level spells.

Left = Cure Light (then left click to activate the spell)
    Right = Magic Arrow (then left click to activate)
    Down = Warmth (Keeps you warm on cold planets and even the moon)

You get more spells as you progress through the teirs of the game. Each spell book lets you cast more spells and upgrades the power of previous spells. You craft each codex and spell book from the enchanting table.

Hope that helps, and thank you for giving my mod a shot :D

18. Jelly King

Thank you! Well even though i have dug through tons of planets i still haven't found any obsidian. Time to keep mining i guess.

19. Seterwind

I have got that complaint a lot... That obsidian has been hard to find. But most desert planets have lots I have found... Usually on the surface and red.

20. Jelly King

i finally got the enchanting table but there was nothing i could craft with it. As well as i needed to use the Tabula Rasa to craft it.