1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Aquatic Rice PG

Makes rice grow in water

1. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

LoPhatKao submitted a new mod:

Aquatic Rice - Makes rice grow in water

Read more about this mod...

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Rice IRL can be grown without water. Flooding is a mechanism used by farmers to prevent weeds which, unlike rice, cannot tolerate as much water. I don't think requiring water is a logical idea, so much as allowing a high tolerance of water.

Also, if you were looking for another idea to expand the aquatic theme, remove the tilled soil requirement of Reefpod and Coralcreep, since they already require being fully immersed in water and requiring tilling just wouldn't make as much sense as land crops.

3. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

true

this was a testing seed for GB2 .. figured others might like it

if others want to use this in an aquatic themed mod, go for it

4. Mackinz

You can tell MrChow is going to implement it in his mod without forethought... bleh. I was planning on doing this already in a farming overhaul mod, so I hope you don't mind~

5. Mackinz

Oh, he just updated his mod. And the update says he incorporated your mod without logical modifications. I so called it.

6. MrChow

MrChow Pangalactic Porcupine

I'll tell you this thing just once, so you could hear it and finally understand. Stop harassing me, my friends and anybody whoever collaborated with me.

Neither them nor I have any obligation to follow your delusional "advices" nor listen to your unceasing verbal abuse. You do not represent either developers nor a sane part of humanity, neither you have any right to act "on their behalf".

I've got enough of your mental poison, so listen carefully: if you'll fail to understand this mere fact and won't cease your relapse harassment, you'll be subjected to legal court case.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  7. Mackinz

Except... I'm not.

I don't expect them to, but I can still suggest things. Especially when it's not "delusional" and actually rooted in factual evidence, like how rice can be grown debatively better without a paddy. You see, my original intent with this thread was entirely non-confrontational discussion for improving the content of the mod - guess that's "delusional" in your view.

Um...

:wtf:

I'm pretty certain you're vastly over-reacting. I dislike you, given, but I don't intentionally harass you or even try to annoy you - I just type up stuff which may or may not be hostile depending on my mood.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/h/harassment/

And it's funny - only one of those threads you linked to (Avali Triage)was actually me being hostile towards you and your mod directly. The Bone Dragon thread was me querying why people pine for old Starbound bosses, and Journey to 1.0 thread was me discussing the Hunger and Thirst mod and how the author should consider improving it if they haven't done so already. Feedback isn't harassment...

And the last link is me disagreeing with you on your criticisms of Starbound and Chucklefish, two days ago. Apparently, disagreement is harassment now?

I guess debate teams better file restraining orders too. :lickitung:

Sorry, LoPhatKao. I was actually trying to give positive feedback and a suggestion for your mod, but shit happened. :wut:

8. bugandbug

bugandbug Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wow. Thank God I remembered this mod, what started as a simple tweak has turned into a much less simple tweak. And I couldn't get this to work on my own so...

9. Mackinz

Still doesn't make as much sense as patching "maxImmersion" to something like 0.90 instead of making rice require immersion in water...

10. bugandbug

bugandbug Scruffy Nerf-Herder

IKR, I was testing my mod out and it turns out I missed a comma in every single patch :(

11. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

of course it's illogical :) it was a test for gardenbot planting code
    i tried to think of the most extreme cases to torture the code.. this was one of them

only affects cultivated rice anyway, which is what you usually see in paddies
    wild rice still grows 'dry'