April 27th - [STABLE] Bug Fix Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Apr 27, 2015.

1. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

mollygos submitted a new blog post:

April 27th - [STABLE] Bug Fix Update

Jonesy, Axe Garian, LastDay and 2 others like this.
  2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

And there was much rejoicing.

NaturalHighPenguin likes this.
  3. Aleph

Aleph Orbital Explorer

Can we get a fix for dropping down levels? It should be holding crouch and tapping jump to drop to each successive level, instead it drops you all the way down often hurting you unless you let up on crouch too.

4. freeman27015

freeman27015 Subatomic Cosmonaut

(sorry,bad english)
    many players will agree with me
    in the game there is farming. A lot of different food in the game. But the food is not relevant without hunger system
    please return the hunger system
    for example as an option at the beginning of the game
    tell that I calmed down. When the system of hunger is returned?
    thanks for reading

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  5. Treldent-02

Treldent-02 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm pretty sure that isn't a bug, just how platforms work

6. YUS! /suicide command, all the stuck shall be unstuck! <3

Nice work on more stability improvements :)

7. Exsistentiam

Exsistentiam Pangalactic Porcupine

YAY RANDOM SUICIDING

8. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

RatixFarrence likes this.
  9. Quixoticed

Quixoticed Void-Bound Voyager

Any words for the roof leakage when raining?

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Okay, one more time. They removed it because they didn't like that particular implementation. When they can think of a better implementation, then they will bring it back, for non-casual difficulties, and only then. Other things take priority, and there's a lot of other things.

11. Anthony Bailey

Anthony Bailey Void-Bound Voyager

Any word on the spawning outside of the ship when returning to the game? I went to sleep in a bed, quit the game, and then when I returned I was outside the ship. Needless to say, I quickly transported down to the planet below before I ran out of air.

12. claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

Yay! A /suicide command. Now I can finally get back to my ship again after digging to the center of a planet.

13. You still lose 30% of your money, it's not supposed to be a "easy way back to your ship", more about, if you face a problem that might get you really stuck (common on MP).

CrystalCharlie and Dunto like this.
  14. GoldenFluffGames

GoldenFluffGames Void-Bound Voyager

Full-screen doesn't work. In-fact, it didn't ever work ever since I bought starbound on steam, instead it makes your starbund stay windowed, and magnifies the game by like, 10x, so you can't even play anymore, less you restart starbound.

15. Please set your resolution correctly first, then select full-screen. If game isn't startable delete starbound.config from giraffe storage and it will get to default.

16. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

I found a bug (I think?): Agran Guards don't attack you after you murdered an Agran villager in front of them.

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  17. NonBritGit

NonBritGit Cosmic Narwhal

I agree 100%. Though others don't miss hunger, I feel a very important and immersive part of the game is now gone. You got hungry, so you either hunted or planted seeds for food (gardens were a fantastic part of the game. Now they're practically worthless). You carried this food with you and it was a great dynamic. It worked out perfectly as far as I was concerned. It also gave you a sense of urgency when starting a world and most of all, farming was fun.

You can have your 'buffs' or create them with special recipes, but please bring back hunger so farming is meaningful again.

18. Doctor Devil

Doctor Devil Big Damn Hero

My hearth always rejoices when I see server and/or stability improvements. And I'm really glad we're actually getting more patches now, since finally there's a point in playing the game. Great job guys!

If I could ask for anything it would be to make an end-game suit that lets you be on every planet type, so I don't have to swap radiation-heat-cold protection between teleporter jumps...

Kittails and DragonsForce like this.
  19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Am I gonna have to post the same thing for the third time in one day?

20. claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

It saves me the trouble of finding a random monster to kill me.