April 21st – [STABLE] Update Notes

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Apr 21, 2015.

1. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Also, check your stuff. A lot of "corner" decor, signs and prison arches, have dropped, and all the eye/hand scanners have jsut straight-up vanished. Good thing I screenshotted some of the more complex wiring...

2. Exsistentiam

Exsistentiam Pangalactic Porcupine

And theres no news on that 8th race still don't forget that

3. Metafogos

Metafogos Void-Bound Voyager

How feed the pet without the pet bow?

4. I_am_a_perso

I_am_a_perso Void-Bound Voyager

Ahhhhhh. Starbound draws ever closer to the console wars. I can just feel the money flying out of my wallet, what jooooooy. Soon I will be able to play this game from the PC, the comfort of a console whilst on the , and the plessure of feeding on theflesh of my victems anywhere on Earth with the Vita. OOOOHHHHH what happppinessss.

5. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

drop food on ground.

6. Misquoth

Misquoth Aquatic Astronaut

1: I love that you pick up where you left off. Auto starting at the ship felt like cheating. So +1 for that.
    2: How do you reset the universe?

7. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

To reset the universe just go into the giraffe_storage folder and look for universe folder, delete everything inside that one.
    And your universe is reset.
    I personally reset every time a major update like this happens to hit cause I want to see if I can get all the new features.
    Also aside from Human[which gets the cat] what the other races get as a ship pet?

8. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

The launcher doesn't matter - its only what steam says.
    Either way Stable and Unstable would have gotten the update.

If you want though you can just switch back to Stable branch, so you don't need to test anymore buggy unstable updates in the future.

9. Emerald_kitty_cat

Emerald_kitty_cat Master Chief

actually not to be suprised but before i played the new version i got all my things ready even my mouse cuz i usaly dont play with it but now that they made that i could call them the myghty scroll goods not to be rude or anything but its in a good way[DOUBLEPOST=1429678248][/DOUBLEPOST]i renember the years when the slime telleporters and other stuf wasnt here like the outpost i renember they had the spawns AND NO THEY ARE BACK FROM THE RETIREMINT :D i wish all the starbound fans the good ingame fun like i do after school

p.s dont yell at me i am still going to school
    well bye all u chuckle fish fans and have a grait day[DOUBLEPOST=1429678549][/DOUBLEPOST]:lickitung::rainbowbarf::rainbow::poke::gooby::whoop::devil::cookie::whaaat::kitten::kitten2::zzz::pwease:[DOUBLEPOST=1429678614][/DOUBLEPOST]
    u have to get the food and drop it using Q

thats all i understand

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    Tamorr likes this.
  10. whiteknight747

whiteknight747 Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome new update! But could you have the homeworlds remain saved? My homeworld had tons of resources and equipment all stashed there. And its all gone now...

11. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

Heads up, added some documentation on some functionality that juuuuuust made it into stable.

We've extended the json patch system to add functionality to the "test" operation.

You can use "inverse" : true, to invert the test. And you can check just for existence by omitting the "value" key.

Some examples:

Given:
    Code:
    {
      "foo" : "bar",
      "baz" : [1, 3, 2, 9],
      "test" : {
        "xyzzy" : [0]
      }
    }
    Example passing tests
    Code:
    // handles wrong values
    { "op" : "test", "path" : "/foo", "value" : "not bar", "inverse" : true }
    // handles missing values
    { "op" : "test", "path" : "/baz/2", "value" : 9, "inverse" : true }
    // handles wrong types
    { "op" : "test", "path" : "/test/xyzzy/somekey", "value" : null, "inverse" : true }
    // check path for existence
    { "op" : "test", "path" : "/test/xyzzy/0" }
    // check path for non-existence
    { "op" : "test", "path" : "/baz/4", "inverse" : true }

[DOUBLEPOST=1429682564,1429682495][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Your homeworld is still there. If you know the coordinates you can get back to it. Even if you don't, if you just peek into your "universe" directory and look at the name of the world files, you can use the coordinates and try to find your way back.

renbear, Varixai, Tamorr and 3 others like this.
  12. Drakaden

Drakaden Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That stable release did some unwanted effects on my ship:
    My former cat pet found in the mine disappeared;
    All camera objects dropped on the floor;
    My emergency switch disappeared.

13. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Been on the unstable for a bit. When I have any time to play anyways.
    I absolutely love the new teleporter and bookmark system. And the stay-in-cave-after-quitting bit is awesome too.

14. Chobin

Chobin Phantasmal Quasar

I feel like I'm shooting myself in the foot reporting this, but when I logged into my Avian character for the update I had two pets instead of what I assume would normally be one. A weasel of some sort and a little bunny. I want to keep them both so much. They're so adorable. It's great when they're both trying to play with the ball and they keep leaping for it and bouncing it back to each other. I don't want to lose my two pets. I don't know what's wrong, but it couldn't be more right.

Screenshot 2015-04-21 18.36.55.png

renbear and teilnehmer like this.
  15. Marky Devereux

Marky Devereux Void-Bound Voyager

• Scroll bars can now be clicked and dragged properly
    Thank you so much!

16. RatixFarrence

RatixFarrence Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As read from the the blog post, the black cat was a placeholder for the ship pet system which it replaced.
    I'm not too sure about why the 2 other issues occurred, however.

17. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

There is no 8th race

18. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

You can still try to look into your Starbound/giraffe_storage/universe folder; there you'll find all the coordinates you ever visited. You can sort them by time and as such, look which planet you visited the last time. ;)

Corraidhín likes this.
  19. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

No no no... I meant that as some sort of... you know... humour-esque comment... I was starting over xD I had everything in my ship all along... (it really is a well organized mess)

edit: Thank you still!

20. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Considering that you have two apex ship lockers (and not the buildable kind) your obviously editing your ship outside of whats intendeed (aka cheating).

Unless im mistaken a piece of furniture causes pets to spawn on ships (not sure if it was the ship terminal or captains chair). If you cheat in extra's of that piece of furniture (theres no legit way to get them) it will result in stuff like this.

At least thats my theory.