1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know what this thing is for?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Kordharin, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Kordharin

Kordharin Big Damn Hero

Hi all.

So I was digging around in the unpacked assets, looking through the unique items, when I found a newbie.

{unpacked/items/active/unsorted} There was this thing called "arrester". I spawned it in-game, and it looks interesting, but it doesn't really do anything. Starbounder doesn't know about it from what I've seen. upload_2020-2-3_8-53-2.png

2. NuclearSlayer52

NuclearSlayer52 Phantasmal Quasar

this?
    from my almost complete knowledgelessness of lua it seems to be for arresting from further away or for arresting without fighting
    this is my theory and its probably wrong

3. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Prolly from that trailer where you have to lock your mouse on an NPC for a time then you arrest them,
    Well it got changed so we have to do some "persuaion" so they'll be arrested...

4. Kordharin

Kordharin Big Damn Hero

Huh. Thank you for clearing that up, then.

5. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

I actually remember that from the gif showing the early stages of the bounty hunter update, it's about 99% functional actually, with a built in light and even able to do the whole fancy lazer thing when you use it and hover your cursor on a criminal, it doesn't capture them however

would be kinda cool if it could let you capture the lackeys you find but don't capture, perhaps giving extra pixels and peace credits for your trouble

NuclearSlayer52 and Kordharin like this.